Russia_The_almighty
masterdrave

X2 is one of, if not the greatest Jedi ever in Star Wars

Russia_The_almighty
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 5/25/2015 Category: Games

Russia_The_almighty

Pro

X2, a Jedi which most people would not know about unless they are a Star Wars fan and even then many do not know.
Rules:
1. Pro must show that X2 is either one of or the greatest Jedi throughout X2's life.
2. Con must show X2 is not the best or even one of the best Jedi masters and show that at many other Jedi are better with their lives.
3. Maintain appropriate conduct.
4. Forfeiting is not an automatic win although it will hinder your chances.
5. Biased voting will not be tolerated.
6. The rounds must go like this.
R1: Acceptance or opening arguments
R2-4 arguments and rebuttals
R5: Closing statements and final rebuttals. If Con chose to do opening arguments round 1, he/she must waive round 5.
7. If you pull up a source that says top *A number* best Jedi and X2 isn't on there, that does not matter since most do not know about X2 and likely would not put him on there.
masterdrave

Con

Obi Wan was the greatest Jedi.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

It doesn't matter if Obi-wan Kenobi is the best, this debate is if X2 is either one of, or the greatest Jedi. Now let's see what happens when we compare them since Obi-wan is one of the best jedi.
Here is what I consider the aspects that either make or do not make a jedi.
#1 Dueling skills
#2 Force abilities
#3 Achievements
#4 Failures
#5 Close brushes to the dark side
#6 Life before being a jedi
#7 Cause of downfall
8# Skills without a lightsaber

#1 Both are very skilled in lightsaber duels so they are even there.

#2 Both X2 have force abilities. X2 has been able to throw objects, throw his lightsaber, use jedi mind tricks, and can make a small earthquake nearby to knock nearby enemies off balance. Obi-wan can throw objects also, jedi mind trick, throw his lightsaber. They both may have other abilities, but they have not been seen at least to my knowledge. X2 because he can do small earthquakes makes him superior.

#3 X2 was able to survive a battle against general grievous as a soldier, assist in getting Anakin and Obi-wan aboard Grievous' flagship, take control of a separatist frigate with only 2 clones, and basically do all the work on Cato Neimado as a soldier before order 66 was executed a. While X2 killed master Ferroda, it was probably better for X2 since he now knew the republic is evil. While for Obi-wan help lead clones in several victories, his most notable were at Coruscant at Grievous' flagship and at Utapua. However, if it wasn't for X2, he wouldn't have gotten to Grievous' flagship. Without Anakin, Obi-wan would have been killed by count Dooku. If there wasn't a gun in sight, General grievous would have killed Obi-wan. Obi-wan barely escaped Utapua after order 66 was executed which was impressive. After the rebellion had formed, X2 was able to defeat quite a few imperials at a battle to slow the empire's progress on building the death star. He also with master Kota's assistance was able to rescue 5 rebel soldier in a mission that may have taken hundreds of regular rebel soldiers to accomplish. He was able to take down many imperials at the battle of Yavin 4 including finding a transponder from the death star. Sure he had Shara, but she was nowhere near his level as a soldier. At the battle of Hoth with only two rebel soldiers, they were able to kill at least 100 snow troopers from preventing them from reaching Echo base, reach 3 turret stations and destroy at least 10 AT-STs on his own, survive a battle against his brother, now an amateur sith, and do most of the work in destroying the star destroyer Avarice. He was able to defend an Ewok village with 1 soldiers and a few ewoks against 2 ATSTs and at least 100 imperial soldiers. He was able to infiltrate the death star to steal information there. All of this before even being a jedi. He defeated quite a few nightsisters and kill a rancor in a tight space and fight a very skilled nightsister. He then destroyed a star destroyer almost on his own. He then took control of a super star destroyer even when an alarm sounded. He then took on a storm troopers and newly made battle droid army. He even rescued Luke. Afterwards he defeated X1 in a duel where X1 is a strong sith lord now. While Obi-wan guided Luke. Although Luke didn't do much besides destroy the death star. He nearly killed himself going to Bespin and what use was there going to the death star since Darth Vader and the emperor would both die if that blew up with them inside.

#4 Failures for X2 were only limited to Datooine only because the empire just outnumbered them far too much. It was 2 vs 2 2,000. Obi-wan nearly got killed twice by Dooku, once at Geonosis had Yoda not intervened, and previously mentioned times before.

#5 X2 had almost became dark had Shara not calm him down after Grey squadron had been destroyed. Obi-wan once almost became dark by striking down this unarmed separatist leader had the leader not said a jedi would never kill an unarmed man followed by a clone shooting the separatist.

#6 I already said what X2 did so no need. Very little is known about Obi-wan doing much before becoming a jedi.

#7 X2 to my knowledge never had a downfall. Obi-wan let himself be killed by Vader.

#8 X2 is a skilled soldier along with Obi-wan. Hard to say.

Obi-wan definitely was one of the greatest jedi and I am pretty sure I have proven X2 is better than him.
masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

Extend arguments.
masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

Extend arguments.
masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.
masterdrave

Con

You're nothing. I am the greatest Jedi to have ever lived. Don't you see? That's why I took this debate on in the first place. I wanted to see just how weak your mind was. And what a poor show it was. You are incredibly foolish, you mere infidel. I am the Jedi master. I am the king of all. You are weak.

I win.
Posted by Rayze 1 year ago
Rayze
According to wookieepedia, the star wars games are also part of the canon so the existence of x1 and x2 are considered canon, despite the fact that neither x1 or x2 are fett clones.
Posted by gabep 1 year ago
gabep
Is X2 even canon?
Posted by Benson1 1 year ago
Benson1
I appreciate the debate topic but I think your rules need to be reviewed, you have worded it in a way so that it is impossible for you to lose.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Russia_The_almightymasterdrave
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: FF by Con, and no arguments from Con's side whatsoever. Pro on the other hand provided a many comparisons between the two.
Vote Placed by TheChristian 1 year ago
TheChristian
Russia_The_almightymasterdrave
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture on both sides, However, Con did not present any arguments and was very smug and arrogant throughout the debate.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Russia_The_almightymasterdrave
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Ad hominem and full forfeit by Con. "You're nothing. I am the greatest Jedi to have ever lived. Don't you see? That's why I took this debate on in the first place. I wanted to see just how weak your mind was. And what a poor show it was. You are incredibly foolish, you mere infidel. I am the Jedi master. I am the king of all. You are weak." -- this is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. Additionally, Pro demonstrated that X2 was a "great" Jedi, whether or not greater than Obi-Wan, and Con did not respond to any of their arguments, instead forfeiting and moving to ad hominem attacks and insults.