ichigo85
toxicmaniac

Xbox 360 better for gaming than the PS3!! =)

ichigo85

ichigo85

Pro

1st round: Acceptance
2nd round: Info on why you think which is better than the other
3rd round: Closing arguements =)
toxicmaniac

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for this interesting topic.

As this round is acceptance only pro starts the argument. I'll be looking forward to your argument.
ichigo85

Pro

The GPU has more power, more powerful fillrate and more pixels and vertex processing horsepower in an Xbox 360. The vertex shader on a PS3 will run a lot slower than on the Xbox 360, and the Xbox 360 has a new way of rendering high definition anti-aliased back buffers, but to have the same effect on a PS3 would be more expensive, so many games run in a non-HD resolution on the PS3; basically, you have poor image quality on the PS3.

http://www.hardcoreware.net...

There are currently 129 EXCLUSIVE games for the Xbox 360 like HALO and roughly around 882 games released; the PS3 has only 109 and a total of 699 games released. To me, it seems like more developers are attracted to the 360 and also the online play for 360 is more attractive =). Also, the 360 has a better online experience and support than the PS3.

Normally, I wouldn't use wiki, but seemed like a good place to find a total number of exclusive sells.
toxicmaniac

Con

I will first counter some of my opponents arguments and after that i will give some reasons what the ps3 does better than the 360 in terms of gaming

"The GPU has more power, more powerful fillrate and more pixels and vertex processing horsepower in an Xbox 360. The vertex shader on a PS3 will run a lot slower than on the Xbox 360, and the Xbox 360 has a new way of rendering high definition anti-aliased back buffers, but to have the same effect on a PS3 would be more expensive, so many games run in a non-HD resolution on the PS3; basically, you have poor image quality on the PS3."

The 360 does indeed have a superior GPU, however my opponent seems to be ignoring the other specs that bring out an enjoyable experience for gaming software.

The CPU:
The two CPU chips run at the same GHz speed, but the PS3's seven individual cores beat out the Xbox's three dual-threaded cores. And in terms of performance measured in gigaflops, the PS3 tops out at nearly three times that of the
Xbox.

Disc space:
While the PS3's disc drive runs somewhat slower than the Xbox's, it does offer the significantly higher storage capacity that comes with Blu-ray. Current PS3 discs have 25 GB to offer, and a new dual layer format is in the works that may increase this number to 33.4 GB. For most gamers, this storage boost will be far more important than read speed.

Resolution:
While the Xbox's menu screens support 1080p display, Microsoft only requires its games to support 720p. The PS3 features a significant number of games that support 1080p. That's to say nothing of the PS3's support for Blu-ray movies and the growing focus on 3D gaming.

Also may i add that the complex cell processor is more of an issue for the developers during 2006. However in 2011 developers have become quite familiar with it and the difference between the image quality of the 360 and ps3 have become small (depending on the games)

Also if you look at the exclusives between the two it is clear which ones run more smoothly and have the superior eye candy. Uncharted 3, killzone 3 and god of war 3 are visually almost unbeatable besides gears of war 3.

"There are currently 129 EXCLUSIVE games for the Xbox 360 like HALO and roughly around 882 games released; the PS3 has only 109 and a total of 699 games released
http://en.wikipedia.org......
http://en.wikipedia.org......

Normally, I wouldn't use wiki, but seemed like a good place to find a total number of exclusive sells."

If you go to the articles you can see a quote saying:
"This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness"

I cannot counter an argument with a flawed source.

"Also, the 360 has a better online experience and support than the PS3"

From a social standpoint i can easily agree with you. However there is a flaw in XBL that you need to pay for it to be able to acces multiplayer around the globe. Xbox live is the only online gaming service that charges you money per month or year depending on what you prefer. Neither PSN, wii's network nor does all the online services like steam and origins for the PC charge you.

The main reason that i am bringing this up is because the topic is that the 360 is a better experience for gaming than the ps3 which must imply that its more accesible for gamers aswell. As PSN is free you have no annoying charges for multiplayer making it more accesible to the average gamer.

Now here are 2 reasons why i think the ps3 is the superior system for gaming:

1. Exclusives of todays standard.

I think its fair to say that the 360 has more exclusives than the ps3 whenever they are casual, hardcore, popular or niche. But most of them are pretty outdated by now. The 360 has gotten a lack of exclusives lately and especially in 2011-2012.
Some exclusive for the ps3 in 2011 include Killzone 3, infamous 2, uncharted 3, rachet and clank all 4 one, littlebigplanet 2, MLB the show, motorstorm apocalypse, resistance 3, yakuza 4, hyperdimension neptunia, SOCOM 4 and bleach: soul ressurection, splinter cell trilogy, ico and shadow collection, sly cooper collection and god of war origins.

The 360 has for 2011 gears of war 3, forza 4, the gunstringer, halo anniversary, rise of nightmares.
I decided to leave out games like dance central 2 and playstation move heroes for the reason that most "core" gamers aren't really interested in those type of games.

2. disc space
I've already mentioned this one in one of my counter arguments but basicly blu-ray has far super storage capacity than DVD and the ps3 takes well advantage off that as with the 360 you require for some games to put multiple disc's. This makes the ps3 version of the game more accesible.

I could give more reasons but as the ps3 is a multi media console those reasons are irrelevant to the topic of which is better for gamers.

Man this took longer then i expected. Anyway you've given some great points and i wish you good luck on the final round. Looking forward to it.
ichigo85

Pro

I'd like to thank my opponent for the information; before this debate I knew very little about the PS3 =)

I'll start with trying to counter my opponent's argument on the Cell Processor.

"Also may i add that the complex cell processor is more of an issue for the developers during 2006. However in 2011 developers have become quite familiar with it and the difference between the image quality of the 360 and ps3 have become small (depending on the games)"

I'm not really sure where you got that from. I researched the internet, but didn't find anything where any developer has said that. But I could have overlooked something as well XD. Anyway, here is a quote from an online article that I found that states, "You could design a game where the PS3 would be the superior platform, but you'd have to go out of your way to do it. If you're doing a game like people just want to do games now, the 360's the better platform."
And goes on to state, "What you can say really quite clearly and not get into too much argument about it is that the 360 is much easier to develop for, it's easier to get the performance out of it that it can deliver, and the rasterizer, the GPU side is generally faster than what the PS3 has," Carmack told Eurogamer at QuakeCon.

http://www.eurogamer.net...

This article was published around 2008? If you go on to read, you will see he did say in "theory" if you are doing a lot of simulation then you could get more performance from the Cell Processor. But also said, "That's a big ‘in theory'."
The about stated,

"The CPU:
The two CPU chips run at the same GHz speed, but the PS3's seven individual cores beat out the Xbox's three dual-threaded cores. And in terms of performance measured in gigaflops, the PS3 tops out at nearly three times that of the Xbox."

Here is a link that shows a few graphs on a couple different comparisons.

http://xbox360.ign.com...

If you look it'll show you that the 360's CPU has more general purpose processing power because it has 3 cores whereas the has just one. The360 has 278.4 GBs of memory system bandwidth; the PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's total memory system bandwidth.

I'd just like to add that even Sony is thinking about going with a multi-core CPU instead of the Cell in its' upcoming PS4 since it has faced so much criticism with the Cell Processor.

http://www.xbitlabs.com...

I understand my opponent not wanting to counter my argument that came from wiki =). But if you do a little research you will see Sony has let exclusive deals go. This list was intended to be PS3 exclusives:

Final Fantasy XIII
Fatal Inertia
The Last Remnant
Bladestorm
Final Fantasy XIV
Resident Evil
Star Ocean
Tekken
Metal Gear Solid
War Devil
Merecnaries 2
L.A. Noire
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassins's Creed
Left 4 Dead
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Xbox on the other hand as lost these exclusives:
Ninja Gaiden
Lost Planet
Bioshock

Also, Microsoft has dominated on number one exclusive sales; for instance, PS3's number one exclusive, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots, has sold only 4.83 million whereas Xbox's 360 has number one exclusive, Halo 3, has sold 10.93 million.

http://www.tqcast.com...

http://www.tqcast.com...

My opponent says, "The main reason that i am bringing this up is because the topic is that the 360 is a better experience for gaming than the ps3 which must imply that its more accesible for gamers aswell. As PSN is free you have no annoying charges for multiplayer making it more accesible to the average gamer."

I got this from: http://www.blippitt.com...
It states from an official press release that since 2008, the community has recorded a 136 percent increase in new members, TV and movie downloads have more than doubled, and purchases of games, Game Add-ons and more on Xbox LIVE Arcade have increased by 70 percent.

Now, does this seem like this is less accessible or annoying? I would say no considering these numbers and I'd also say it looks as if Xbox Live is more attractive than that of the PS3. Just because PSN is free doesn't mean it makes Xbox Live less appealing to people, as I feel the numbers I have provided only reinforces my statement.
I agree with my opponent in that Blue-Ray has more space, but he also has agreed that it does take longer to load. I'm a gamer, I game a lot and when I game, I don't like to have to wait even if that means I need to put in another disk, which is rare, I think.

In conclusion, giving all the information I have provided, the Xbox 360 dominates the PS3 in online gaming, game developing and sells.

I'd like to thank my opponent again for all the information on the PS3! Very wonderful learning experience!
toxicmaniac

Con

I am really sorry but i am not able to go on with this debate due to some circumstances in real life. I really enjoyed debating with you and made some very valid point.
Once again i'm sorry for the inconvience.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
very close!
Posted by ichigo85 5 years ago
ichigo85
He showed me some really great aspects of the PS3 =). It would have been nice to hear his closing argument =(
Posted by dinokiller 5 years ago
dinokiller
Tsk, XBOX is winning against PS3, you have failed us toxicmaniac
Posted by ichigo85 5 years ago
ichigo85
Ugh, my opponent abandoned me =( Hope all is well =)
Posted by ArachnophobicSpider 5 years ago
ArachnophobicSpider
someone bring up that there are more annoying 8 year old british kids on XBL
Posted by ichigo85 5 years ago
ichigo85
Haha, you already killing me on the other debate!! =P
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
aw I wanted this one XD
Posted by toxicmaniac 5 years ago
toxicmaniac
Don't worry i am new to this site aswell.
Posted by ichigo85 5 years ago
ichigo85
Lol, I hope I do the 360 some justice XD
Posted by toxicmaniac 5 years ago
toxicmaniac
Normally i root for the 360 but this seems like an interesting topic so for today the 360 will be going down, haha expect a response today once i get home.
Vote Placed by bcresmer 5 years ago
bcresmer
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied
Reasons for voting decision: PS3 rules
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied
Reasons for voting decision: con picked a poor round to FF because they had some really solid arguments about charging for online play. That is one of the reasons I dont play onlne, because it costs money. However I do own a 360 and I found the single player modes to be flashier, quicker, and faster than the PS3, so i give arguments to Con. Conduct because of the FF but con was right about the sources so i gave her that. Really good debate though guys well done.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hmm. B/C of the FF, PRO managed to take arguments.. It would have been a close debate if CON didn't give up! D: P.S. I love that anime, con ;D
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied
Reasons for voting decision: lanans RFD is terrible, not to be a vote bomber or anything, but I am gonna kill his odd RFD vote. Also airmax, he did not FF, o this counter you too.
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro by far you can't play Halo or Dead Rising on the PS3
Vote Placed by airmax1227 5 years ago
airmax1227
ichigo85toxicmaniacTied