jacob9874
BUZZARD37

Xbox 360 is better than PS3

jacob9874
Started: 11/30/2011 Category: Technology

jacob9874

Pro

Round 1: Accept my challenge
Round 2: Debate
Round 3: Cry
Round 4: Forfeit
BUZZARD37

Con

The PS3 online subsrciption is free as opposed to a $50 pay per year.
It also provides instant streaming like the Xbox, but in Blu-Ray.
The letter P is sexy
Come at me bro
jacob9874

Pro

Thank you for debating against me.

First of all, your information is incorrect, since the Xbox Live costs $59.99 per year. Please use correct information with evidence.

The letter P is sexy

Also, this information is totally based on your opinion, and have no support to back up this argument, which means that this argument is invalid.

First of all, Xbox Live is secured online gameplay, unlike PS3 blu-ray player.
As Brandon Kim, a PS3 owner, stated, "I couldn't play the whole spring break, because someone hacked blu-ray"
In Xbox Live, it is not hackable, and worth $59.99 per year, for secured and exciting gameplay.

Also, there are many exclusive offers from Xbox Live, which sometimes offers $9.99 per 3 months and etc.

Thank you for reading my speech, and I'll be waiting for your rebuttal.
BUZZARD37

Con

You have just stated that it requires even more money to run all of its possible application. I think taking a break from playing for a week is superior than spending a bunch of money to just play for a few weeks.

Plus:
Advantages of the PS3

There are several advantages for the PS3 when viewed in comparison to the Xbox360 and the Wii. This is a result of the long period of development that took Sony to develop this new game console. Among the advantages, we can list the following:
•Processing capacity: the PS3 comes with a new processor developed specially for this console. The Cell processor, as it is know, is based on the PowerPC processor by IBM. It has four processors into the same ship, thus it provides much more computational power. The resulting graphs created with the chip are almost life-like. It is a major advance in quality of video games.
•Extensibility: the PS3 is now extensible, and users can download new software from the Internet. This will allow that bugs be removed by an automatic update.

PS3 availability

The PS3 was launched in the last months, first in Japan, and then in USA and Europe. It is recognized that Sony couldn't meet the demand for the new product, therefore the availability of the PS3 is very limited. Your best bet to get your hands in a PS3 is to search on auction web site, such as eBay. Bellow in this page you can see a small list of available PS3 units been sold in eBay.
The poor availability at this time make the price of PS3 to increase on those auctions. It is not rare to seem some units of the PS3 to sell to as much as $2000.

•Web access: the connectivity of the PS3 allows users to access the Internet, and use its main functions, such as web browsing, and file sharing.
•Blue-ray player: Sony championed the development of blue-ray format, and now it provides a Blue-ray player with each PS3. Users will be able to watch movies, access files, and use allfunctionality in the Blue-ray disks. In fact, the PS3 is the cheapest Blue-ray player on the market (and it can do much more than playing movies).
•Abundance of titles: The PS3 can play most titles for PS2. This means the majority of all game titles for game consoles. It is an strategic advantage for users, who want to continue using theirpreferred games.

(by the way, if you are also interested in making money on the web, you should also check this web page describing Google Ambush, the next generation of money making on the web).

•The Ten Best Applications for the Apple MacIntosh

•How to get TV content for the iPod Video

•Creating your own iPod screen design

•Microsoft Zune: the Good and Bad of the MP3 Player

•How to become a computer programmer

•GooglePack
jacob9874

Pro

Thank you for your response.

First of all, I must ask you not to copy-and-paste from other websites.

•Creating your own iPod screen design

•How to become a computer programmer

•GooglePack

This is totally irrelevant to our debate, and shows that you have copied and pasted from another website.
Also, you have stated all the information of PS3, which has nothing to do with supporting your argument, which is that PS3 is better than Xbox 360. I must ask you to stay on topic, and please be a good opponent.

1- Graphics- Xbox 360 beats PS3 on graphics. Also, Xbox 360 has far less loading times than the PS3. All the games in XBOX 360 llook better, run better, and less lag and jutter.

2- Xbox Live- Xbox Live is FAR better than PSN. It has netflix ... the PS3 does now too, but you need to put in a CD to play it. Xbox 360 just stream it even up to 1080p, Xbox 360 and xbox games for download, DLC comes first ( usually ) and sometimes its exlusive, now has Last FM radio, facebook, twitter.

The PS3 is so complicated to develop ( for games ) that even games like Uncharted 2 were using over 90% of the systems power. Its a great game, and very good looking. BUT the 360 can do better, graphically speaking. The 360 also can process more information faster and more efficient, meaning games ( when used right which is 90% of the time ) will be "slower", have less of a framerate then the 360.

I will be waiting for your rebuttal.
BUZZARD37

Con

//1- Graphics- Xbox 360 beats PS3 on graphics. Also, Xbox 360 has far less loading times than the PS3. All the games in XBOX 360 llook better, run better, and less lag and jutter.

The PS3 is so complicated to develop ( for games ) that even games like Uncharted 2 were using over 90% of the systems power. Its a great game, and very good looking. BUT the 360 can do better, graphically speaking. The 360 also can process more information faster and more efficient, meaning games ( when used right which is 90% of the time ) will be "slower", have less of a framerate then the 360. //
//This is totally irrelevant to our debate//

Later in your argument, you state facts in the exact same way as I do, and my arguments are irrelevant as opposed to yours?
By copy pasting from a site, I am including actual facts, not just saying: //Also, Xbox 360 has far less loading times than the PS3. All the games in XBOX 360 llook better, run better, and less lag and jutter.// and assuming that my opponent would accept it.
May I ask from which source do you know this? I can quote an acquaintance, Jacob Park, who said, "I just played Xbox, never tried PS3."
If I am correct, this "Jacob Park" is you, so if you've only played Xbox, where would you have known about loading speeds. If you present a valid source, then I may listen to you.

I shall be expecting your rebuttal.
jacob9874

Pro

Thank you again for responding to my argument.

Here, since you wanted me to present to you a source, I have found one: http://shoryuken.com...

And earlier in Round 3, don't you admit that this has nothing to do with our debate?

You wrote:

•Creating your own iPod screen design

•How to become a computer programmer

•GooglePack

And I have stated my arguments correctly, since it's on topic, arguing why Xbox 360 is better than PS3 by it's performance.

Secondly, you've also stated:
'Later in your argument, you state facts in the exact same way as I do, and my arguments are irrelevant as opposed to yours
?'

This statement is invalid, since all my arguments were either promoting the performance of Xbox 360, or stating reasons why PS3 is bad.

Finally, I've only heard counter-rebuttal from you, but NONE of your arguments in Round 3. Did you run out of ideas or arguments?

Therefore, voters, I STRONGLY suggest you to vote for the Pro side.
The con side have failed to support his arguments, and also stated irrelevant arguments.
BUZZARD37

Con

You still do not give reasonable sources.
I have more information, and from credible sources.
You only argue about my reasons and the validity of these debates.
Now it is my turn to tell you to focus on what's important here, facts and sources.
You refused to answer to me directly quoting you, which would mean that you admit to making up info about loading speeds and generally saying nothing of complete validity.

Why would I need more arguments in round 3 when I gave double the arguments you have just in round 2.
You try to give fact, give accusations, but I say to you your debate skills are too few.
PS3 has nearly everything free, better games, and better CDs
It plays Blue Ray, and those who can see will know to agree.
The chips it got are nothing compared to yours
Its so fast even Xbox fanboys will adore

BUZZARD out

Thanks for this debate, now let the public decide.
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
lol i just bought myself both systems :P i like the exclusives!
Posted by AKoreanKid 5 years ago
AKoreanKid
this vmpire guy goes to my school
Posted by Wain84 5 years ago
Wain84
I have both, as to which is better I am ambivelent. It depends on what game I am playing at that moment.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol!! XD! I cant imagine that lol!
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
LOL... Actually he was... lmfao.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol no he isnt ^_^
Posted by AKoreanKid 5 years ago
AKoreanKid
ok so this vmpire321 guy is rite next to me
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Lol so you guys ACTUALLY KNOW EACH OTHER!? :O! Thats cool lol. although its not really nice to insult a such a good novel, nor insult a person that reads it... -_-
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
lol.

"guys I don't use this account anymore"
Emphasis on "this".... XD!
Posted by AKoreanKid 5 years ago
AKoreanKid
guys I don't use this account anymore if u wanna debate me im AKoreanKid
btw im jacob9874 and deactivated mah account
Vote Placed by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
jacob9874BUZZARD37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I especially like how you said p is sexy lol ^_^
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
jacob9874BUZZARD37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to PRO for the plagiarism,
Vote Placed by Buckethead31594 5 years ago
Buckethead31594
jacob9874BUZZARD37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments lacked lucidity. Pro presented his arguments in a mature fashion; points to him for conduct.
Vote Placed by DevonNetzley 5 years ago
DevonNetzley
jacob9874BUZZARD37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was hollow in information, as well as any information. as well as the fact that he made up information about the 360 console. I own a ps3 and i have played on the 360. In my own opinion the ps3 is far better than the 360. I like my system like my fords. Fords will not crash easily if not at all, hence ford tough. 360 fries its own system, quite pathetic if you ask me.
Vote Placed by JakeBoatman96 5 years ago
JakeBoatman96
jacob9874BUZZARD37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I have and always will be for the Xbox side, but this vote is not biased. Both Pro and Con had equal spelling and grammar, also, equally reliable sources were used (considering neither Pro nor Con provided any sources).