Xbox 360 is better than PS3

Xbox Live is more secure than PSN. It"s true that the PlayStation Network is free and that you"ll need to pay to access online features with Xbox Live. But the old adage remains true: you pay for what you get. Xbox Live remains a more secure platform than the PSN, subject to far fewer hacks and other problems.

2. The Xbox 360 controller is better, especially for shooters.
It may not come with a rechargeable battery pack or cable, but the Xbox 360 controller does fit much more comfortably to the shape of the human hand. The thumbsticks also respond with more accuracy than those on Sony"s DualShock controller, making the Xbox 360 a far better fit for anything that requires pinpoint precision, such as first-person shooters.

There"s nothing wrong with the PS3 controller, of course, but I find the layout and grip on the Xbox 360 controller is a tiny bit more intuitive, though it"s quite possible that children and people with smaller hands might prefer the slightly more compact offering from Sony.

Before we begin, I would like to say that my opponent copy pasted his/her 2nd argument from the web.

Now, let's get started.

1. PSN vs. XBox Live

"Xbox Live is more secure than PSN. It"s true that the PlayStation Network is free and that you"ll need to pay to access online features with Xbox Live. But the old adage remains true: you pay for what you get. Xbox Live remains a more secure platform than the PSN, subject to far fewer hacks and other problems."

If something is cheap, that does not automatically make it bad. There are many good, high quality things out there that are cheap, but are also nice. An example would be, clothes. Just because you bought a 3 dollar shirt instead of a 30 dollar one does not mean that it is bad quality.

Also, you say "Xbox Live is more secure than PSN." And to that I say..

Susan Taylor's tale describes how she logged on to her e-mail to find over $200 worth of Xbox Live's virtual "Microsoft points" currency charged to her linked PayPal account, and then transferred to a separate dummy account.

On discovering the problem, Taylor contacted Microsoft support immediately and was told her account had been blocked to prevent further fraud while they investigated. So you can imagine Taylor's surprise when, as she tells it, over $100 more was taken from the supposedly blocked account for the same fraudulent purpose the very next day.

When Taylor called up Microsoft support yet again, she was told simply that the fraud department was "unable to block your account." She was also told that she should change her password, despite the fact that her password had been changed and she was unable to access her account through the web interface, she said.

"In short, I think Microsoft's fraud handling process is a shambles."

2. The Controllers

This argument is based completely on my opponents opinion. He believes that XBox controllers are more 'accurate' in FPS games. Even if that is the truth, what about other games. Sports, racing, adventure, arcade, roleplaying. Also, the PlayStation controllers are smaller, which in my opinion, makes them a lot easier to navigate around.

My opponent basically made an argument against himself, by saying, "It may not come with a rechargeable battery pack or cable." XBox controllers require you to replace their batteries frequently, costing you loads of money. PS3 controllers however come with a charging cable. You never have to have those days when all you wanna do is play XBox, but you can't because your too lazy to make that dreadful trip to Wallmart just to get a pack of double A's. So instead your stuck staring at your blank TV, wishing you'd been more wise, and bought a PS3.

Xbox Live is a system were you could go and hangout with your friend on a game system. A ps3 can not go chat online.

Ummmmm.....that my friend is false. On PS3 you can even video chat with friends as well.

My opponent has ignored all arguments. Extend all.

Don't! If you do not have an x-box than you better learn more about X-box.

I feel as though this debate has deteriorated. Also, what the H*LL does
"Don't! If you do not have an x-box than you better learn more about X-box."

First off, your spelling and grammar is horrible, and I fail to see what this sentence means? I am aware that Xbox can video chat, however I am informing you that PS3 can as well. Perhaps you need to "better learn more" about PS3.

The X-box is cheaper which more people would rather buy.

1. Xbox has a normal controller, whereas ps3 is builty for your average 6 year old.

2. Xbox costs less.

3. Xbox looks better.

4. Xbox has better games for it.

5. Xbox releases map packs earlier.

6. Xbox has better hacks to do than ps3.

7. Xbox can be jtagged.

8. Xbox is sexy.

9. Xbox is my best friend.

jdog2016 forfeited this round.

1.No Cross Game Voice Chat.

On xbox 360 you can invite your friends to join in your party but on the ps3 you have to follow your friend from game to game just to talk to him.

titles such as UNCHARTED,GOD OF WAR,INFAMOUS,KILLZONE sure are great but all those franchises combined haven"t sold as much as only HALO (Xbox 360 exclusive) has.

The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex processing. I can"t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360.

The three general-purpose CPU"s the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU"s on the PS3

The Xbox live is much more fun than the PS3"s Online.Xbox Live allows users to create a user profile, join on message boards, and access Microsoft"s Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace and talk to other members.

Compared to The PS3,The Xbox 360 is better in all aspect.

I am unable to finish this debate. I apologize.
Posted by kyree_lover 3 years ago
You can chat with people on the ps3 O_o
Posted by someone123456789 3 years ago
Posted by Guy_D 3 years ago
Can't you buy an xbox controller for PS3 and vice versa?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.