Prodigy_X
Danielle

Xbox 360 is better than the Ps3.

Danielle

Prodigy_X

Pro

Hello,
I am making a debate on why the Xbox 360 is better than the Ps3. My opponent will say a couple of reasons of why the Ps3 is better than the Xbox 360 and I will say the opposite to him.So lets begin.
Danielle

Con

Thanks, Pro.

My opponent has instigated a debate by making the positive claim that the Xbox [360] is better than the PS3. As such, he has the burden of proof [1] and I need not make any contentions until Pro presents arguments in favor of the resolution. In order to debate which is "better," I contend that the factors to consider include price (value and affordability), games (fun factor and graphics), general play, appearance, reliability, ratings, online play and multimedia.

Because of the stringent character limit, my arguments will be short and sweet. I may space them out over the next 2 rounds, or if necessary include my references and sources on a separate page. I'd like to wish my opponent good luck in defending the resolution in such a short amount of space, or proving that the 360 supersedes the PS3 in all of the aforementioned categories.

[1] Michalos, Alex. 1969. Principles of Logic. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall. p 370
Prodigy_X

Pro

I thank my opponent for stepping up to the challenge.
And without delay I will begin.
1. The newest Xbox 360 console {which is way superior than any Ps3 model} costs only about $449. The Playstation 3 cost varies from maybe $500 to $650. The bigger the GB of the hard drive in the Ps3 the more chance of it stuffing up.

2. The Microsoft made a better Xbox 360 console which in some games it doesnt need a controller. Microsoft also made the online play better with Kinect and other cool things.

3.So what if the Ps3 has a tiny bit more graphics than the Xbox 360. its the games that count like gameplay like Gears of War 3 and soon Halo: Reach which are way better than the games on the ps3.

I will finish my the rest of my debate in round 3
I wait for my opponents side of the debate
Danielle

Con

GAMES --- Xbox is only known for its shooters; PS3 offers a much larger variety and critics agree that the graphics are superior. They also rate the PS3 as having a better, more comfortable and sleek appearance.

VALUE --- The PS3 costs 50$ more than the 360, but that price includes many features and amenities that Xbox forces you to buy separately including online gaming (which is more than 50$ a year making the price equal out right there), wireless controllers, battery kits, cooling systems, etc. Also, the PS3 includes a built in Blu Ray dvd player which by itself costs more than the PS3!

RELIABILITY --- PS3 far exceeds the 360 in all ratings. Xbox admits it has awful performance ratings and far more technical problems than all other consoles combined!

MULTIMEDIA ---- PS3 has superior WiFi options, HDMI features, remote play, hard drive options, etc. Pro mentions the 360's Kinect, but even that is outshined by the PS3's Move.
Prodigy_X

Pro

I thank my opponent for his argument.
I will debate on why the Xbox 360 is better than the Playstation 3 in faults.

Break-downs
The Ps3 has the Red screen of death and yellow light of death
The Xbox has the Red ring of death.
But with the new Xbox 360 Microsoft has fixed the problem and the console no longer has it.
While Sony has'nt done anything to fix their problem.

Con, you said the Ps3 had Blu-ray built in it but when you play movies on it some of the screen is cut off so you have to squint to get the picture right.

Before this debate i got a Ps3 to see if it was good. It was all going well until 4 months later when i got the Red screen of death. I called tech support and it took me litterally an hour for them find a conclusion. they told me to send it to them. I Did. to make a long story short when i got it back 3 days later it broke again.
When i got my Xbox 360 which was a year ago it hasnt stuffed up once.

Damn out of characters .Well back to you.
Danielle

Con

1. Pro's experience or preference has no bearing on this debate. I have both a PS3 and 360; my PS3 has been far more reliable. The PS3 in general has a failure percentage rate of 0.2% (so less than 1) while failure rates as high as 1/3 (33%) of all consoles in existence of the Xbox 360 have been reported [1].

2. I have never had a problem with my Blu Ray player, and Pro hasn't given evidence that this is a common problem. It also doesn't negate the value aspect of the built in Blu Ray. It's an awesome feature that makes the value of the PS3 far better, and Pro hasn't responded to my other value arguments including all of the free things PS3 comes with which Xbox forces you to buy - like online gaming (!), cooling devices, wireless controllers, etc.

3. Pro never responded to my points that PS3 has more versatile games with better graphics, and superior WiFi and other options/features. I guess he agrees.

[a] http://tinyurl.com...
Posted by Prodigy_X 6 years ago
Prodigy_X
Why did you vote for yourself Con?
Posted by juvanya 6 years ago
juvanya
Tie. Wii is better than bothe.
Posted by Troll 6 years ago
Troll
No offense to the Pro debater, but he is really not good at this and presents his debates as though he is in a primary school class.
Posted by TheSkeptic 6 years ago
TheSkeptic
PS3 is a superior entertainment system, Xbox is a superior gaming system.
Posted by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
Pro, before I submit my first round, is it possible for you to extend the amount of characters permissible each round? Right now you have a 1,000 character limit. That is barely enough to make any coherent arguments. If you insist on keeping the limit so be it, but I warn you that you will be greatly inhibited. Since you're on now, I'll wait a few minutes for your response. If I get none I will proceed with the debate and submit my first round before signing off in the next 10 minutes...
Vote Placed by sllewuy 6 years ago
sllewuy
Prodigy_XDanielleTied
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Prodigy_XDanielleTied
Vote Placed by BlueLemon 6 years ago
BlueLemon
Prodigy_XDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
Prodigy_XDanielleTied