Xbox One, PS4, And Wii U: Is one better than the rest?

Started: 12/1/2014 Category: Games

While all the consoles have their strengths and weaknesses, I don't think one could really be perceived as better. All three consoles are strong in their own ways, and therefore are geared towards different audiences. The fact is that every gamer is different in what they want for a console, be it controls, graphics, or game libraries. Fundamentally, no consoles are better than the others because this is sort of a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" kind of thing.

I accept the challenge.
Personally, I think you make a very good point Sir, but I tend to favour the PS4, one of the reasons being that I own one. I chose to buy the ps4 for various reasons over the Xbox 1 and the Wii U (which isn't very popular at all in my countryE:
Ergonomic and Physical Statistics:
PS4 is lighter: 2.75kg to 3.56
PS4 has user replaceable internal hard drives.
This is just the prologue to my debate. Most of my debate will come in round 2.

Good job on round one. While your stats are accurate, I still believe there is no "superior" model. Every console has it's strengths and weaknesses. To name a few: The Wii U has a large array of original games and a user friendly interface, but it also has virtually no third-party support and lower resolution graphics than the Xbox One and PS4. The PS4 has a great design and a deep social networking integration, but it also has underutilized hardware and a lack of software features. The Xbox One has innovative voice capability and an amazing ability to multitask, but it has a lack of game-play streaming capability and a albeit slightly lower resolution inn graphics compared to PS4. In the end, it all comes down to the player. What the player buys is tailored to how the player plays games and what the individual feels is important.

(I used resources for the strengths/weaknesses comparisons, if you want to check those out: ( ( (

Bobalina123 forfeited this round.

I'll continue with a theory I have. I'll admit I have no physical evidence to present to prove that this theory is true, but I urge the voters to take it into account: I believe that game console sales in North America are based on conformity.
Video games have rapidly matured in the last few years. What once was reprimanded by society has become a social playground for us to interact. But with sociability comes conformity, peer pressure is in play in this game of "king of the hill".

I'll set up a parable for you: Little Stevie was about to go out and use his well-earned money to buy his first gaming console. He had had his heart set on it since release: the Nintendo Wii U. Just before he goes to the store, he decides to stop in at his friend's house to announce his decision. Upon telling his friend (who was a dedicated Play Station fanatic) his decision, his friend laughed. "That kiddy console? It's got no third party support, and the graphics SUCK!" he told Stevie in a mocking tone. "If you want a REAL console, you'll get one of these babies. The PS4!". Stevie's friend scared Stevie out of buying the console he really wanted and bullied him into waiting another month for money to accumulate and finally purchase a PS4. But upon buying it, he had no desire to play the games that were released for the console, which is why he had wanted the Wii U so badly.

Due to peer pressure, another impressionable young buyer is cattle-prodded into buying the console that wasn't the right choice for him. The fact is that this scenario is all too much a reality. Please make sure to consider other people's interests before telling them what "is the best" and what "sucks", and if you have set beliefs in what you want to play, then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The defense for young Stevie rests it's case.

Bobalina123 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture