deathwish188
Kjcrow1911

Xbox one is better than the PlayStation 4

Started: 4/8/2015 Category: Games

deathwish188

Pro

All rounds are for arguments, no first round acceptance is required. I will begin, and I choose the side of Xbox one being slightly better. Many PlayStation fanboys think that ps4 is better than Xbox one because it has the best graphics, I have a few things to say about this, first of all, frame rate is much more important than graphics, and the difference in graphics of Xbox one and ps4 is so little, you can hardly tell the difference unless you want to put your face right in front of the screen to see extra plants on the ground. Take battlefield 4 for example, it was running at 900p on Xbox one and 1080p on ps4, but now it is running at 1080p for Xbox one too. Don't say that it's the lack of strong hardware for Xbox one, because it's not that, most games run at 1080p for Xbox one, not all, but most, besides, ps4 doesn't run all games at 1080p either, and it is the developers fault, though ps4 does have the slightly stronger raw horse power, making it easier for developers to create the game to 1080p, it takes a little more work for developers to create games at 1080p for Xbox one, but they are just not always willing to put full effort into it. Now I will talk about network for both systems. Sony has been hacked many times, more specifically, PlayStation network has been hacked many times. Though Xbox has been hacked before, it has not been hacked as many times as PlayStation network has, let's look at Christmas 2014, both Xbox live and PlayStation network were hacked, but Xbox one servers were back up the next day, while PlayStation network was down for two weeks. Sony is an excellent company, but just does not put enough money into security, and it has costed them alot of money to get the problem fixed. Microsoft has much more money than Sony does, and is able to invest more money in security. Xbox one gets monthly updates improving the system overall, while PlayStation gets one every few months. Don't talk about sales, though ps4 is definitely winning in sales, that means how many people prefer a console over another, it's what you like the best. Now, Windows 10 is coming to pc and Xbox one, it will allow Xbox one gamers to play online with pc gamers. Directx 12 is also coming to Xbox one and pc, it will give Xbox one a 20 percent boost on Gpu, of which the GPU for Xbox one is custom built to allow Directx 12 features, Phil Spencer says this in one of his conferences including DirectX 12 and Windows 10, and will allow a seventh cpu core for developers to use. Xbox one has the best games, though this is of course an opinion, it says on Xbox homepage, the most award-winning exclusive titles and the biggest blockbusters. Xbox one is truly the all in one gaming and entertainment console, with voice commands and gestures, and multi tasking, and so much more. People might say that most games for Xbox one are on pc too, let's take a look at why. Xbox and mostly all pc's are owned by Microsoft. Think of it as a Microsoft exclusive. Sony had a great success to start off their PlayStation 4, but now it is resting on the things it has done good, and relying on it to increase sales and other things, though it has so far been working, it will not last, while Microsoft is striving to improve their system as much as possible, taking feedback from the community and adding it to the monthly updates. Sony brags about their system, even talking trash about Xbox and making fun of it. Microsoft on the other hand does not talk bad about PlayStation and even hopes the best for it.
Kjcrow1911

Con

Just so we are clear, I own both and also own a gaming PC.
The OEM of both the graphical hardware of the Xbox one and Playstation 4 is a company called AMD. When referring to the graphics and hardware in general the playstation 4 is superior. "Graphics" can't just be used to describe one thing. The GPU (graphics processing unit) covers the texture loading, texture quality, resolution, FPS and how the console copes in general with bringing pretty "next gen" gaming on your screen. The playstation 4 has 8gb of RAM just like the xbox one. But the playstation 4 has superior RAM. Just the same amount. This effects latency and how the console copes with numerous things going on. However you won't know all of this because some develops limit the optimisation of their games so you cannot see the power of the playstation compared to the xbox. xbox live and the PlayStation network may be inevitably a big part of the consoles, but let's just look at the console itself as this is console vs console. Not network vs network. the playstation 4 can and does provide a superior gaming experience. FPS may be important but playstation 4's superior graphics mean the FPS is much more consistent and is less prone to FPS drops when a major event happens in game. Most games run at 60fps on console. What you said about directx 12 improving the GPU by 20%? Well yes directx is microsoft software. And even with this 20% graphics boost. The graphics will still be behind Playstation 4's! As currently PS4 has a 1.84 teraflop GPU. The Xbox One graphics chip however, has a pipeline for 1.31 teraflops. Cross compatibility may sound good but considering you can build your own budget gaming PC for less than what an xbox one costs won't that just be pointless? As it is to some extent down to the developers. But as I said, the playstation 4 is the superior gaming system in how it handles and performs with games. And its superior hardware is evidence of this. The xbox one may have superior security, but playstation 4 is more focused on the core gaming element. Which makes it the superior gaming console. What most people disregard is the fact that facts and specs don't mean anything. And the main thing is personal preference. But on paper the playstation 4 is the better console. Despite all these desperate attempts from microsoft to get the xbox one ahead it's still behind. The xbox one may have superior software, but is an inferior console, built to meet the requirements of much more than that gamers. I feel like microsoft has forgotten the whole point of a gaming console, which is where they failed. Microsoft, despite all their tools all the tools they have and how rich they are have failed to create a superior machine. They can brag about security all they like, but you know something's wrong when sony beats them out in creating a more powerful next gen gaming console.
deathwish188

Pro

Thank you for your argument, I cannot deny the fact that PlayStation 4 has the slightly better graphics, but graphics is not always the case here, in many ways, frame rate is more important than graphics, though good graphics can be pleasing to the eye, frame rate is much more important. Several games have run slightly better frame rate wise on the Xbox one, such as assassins creed unity, the frame rate is slightly more stable on the Xbox one. Yes, on paper, PlayStation 4 is more powerful, but there really is no difference you can actually see. Network is one of the most important parts in a console. Sony can brag about the superior graphics and sales, but no-one is going to trust a company who can't even keep their own Network up and running. Look at psn hack in 2011, servers were down for about 23 days, it exposed over 77 million peoples names, birthdays, address, and all personal information. Xbox live has the most reliable network, sadly, the same cannot be said for PlayStation network, now they charge you to play online, and they spend the Money on other things besides network security. Let's face it, one of the only things PlayStation fanboys can say that is better is the graphics. Now what would you rather have? A system that has the best graphics (of which is unnoticeable), with the worst network, or a system that can multitask, listen naturally to your voice and gestures, has the most reliable network, and with monthly updates that improve the overall quality of the system, and that is owned by a company with much more money. Windows 10 will also allow pc gamers to play online with Xbox one gamers. DirectX 12 will also give developers access to the seventh cpu core processor, while PlayStation 4 has only 6.
Kjcrow1911

Con

Thanks for getting back to me. Xbox live's security is without a doubt superior. But like I said in my previous argument. The graphical power the playstation 4 provides out of the box is almost double that of the xbox one. What you seem to be disregarding is the fact that the superior GPU of the playstation 4 makes it capable of a much higher fps. Like you said, FPS is important and Playstation 4 is capable of a much higher fps. And you also said graphics isn't as important as FPS? Not true. The most important thing is balance between the two. The only thing limiting it is the game developers. Assassins creed unity runs at a horrible FPS on both PS4, xbox one and PC. It runs at roughly 30fps which for next gen is appalling that's what games like skyrim used to run at on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Same thing with watchdogs. In my experience the FPS on both these games is horrible. So it is quite clearly a problem on ubisofts end. Ubisoft are well know for their FPS issues across all platforms. Even PC. If you are going to bring up FPS, I wouldn't do it with an ubisoft game. FPS may play a big role, but what you need to bear in mind is the fact that FPS and graphics come from the same place. The GPU determines what FPS you can reach and how stable it is. The xbox one has an inferior GPU. Meaning that the only reason games run at the same FPS on PS4 and xbox one is the developers. In this case it is clearly nothing to do with the actual console. Sony started making playsationplus compulsory for many reasons. But the main reason they stated is because they need to "up their secruity measures" which means yes their secruity may be behind and will always be behind. But it is catching up. But I doubt something like what happened in 2011 will happen again. I can't press enough how the game developers are the blame for FPS issues and the graphics. But in almost every factor in gaming, The Playstation 4 is capable of a much higher fps, much better graphics and a much smoother experience. That isn't me being a fanboy. It's fact. And microsoft can pay developers all they want to gimp their games for PS4, But PS4 is and will always be the superior machine and the security is improving. If developers stopped with limiting their games for ps4 the xbox one would be pretty much obsolete. The playstation exclusives however won't have these limitations. And when more of them start to appear the graphical power difference between ps4 and xbox one will be quite evident. Even microsoft knows it's failed, that's why they pay developers to downgrade their ps4 games and why they are trying to bring this directx stuff to the xbox one.
deathwish188

Pro

Thank you for your arguments, now I will say this: you are correct on everything you said, but here's the catch, most games run at 1080p for Xbox one, not all, but most, same can be said for the ps4, most games run at 1080p but not all, quite a few games that were running at a resolution below 1080p were upscaled to 1080p, such as battlefield 4 and call of duty ghosts, let me get this straight, if Xbox one can run mostly all games at 1080p, it is obviously very capable of 1080p, like I said in my previous arguments, developers just don't put in the extra effort to create the resolution equal to ps4, this is stated in a YouTube video by crapgamer labeled: the truth of DirectX 12. But at the end of the day, we are all gamers, and we all have our opinions, there is no right or wrong answer, both systems have their strengths and weaknesses.
Kjcrow1911

Con

Thank you for your argument too. I like to think I have an unbiased stance here. As the main factor is actually personal preference. However, 1080p is a reference to the resolution. Not the graphics or FPS. The higher the resolution, the better you can see the graphics. I could run a 2D pixel game at 1080p, that wouldn't change the fact it's a 2D pixel game. If you understand now, 1080p can still be 1080p with bad graphics. I'm not saying the xbox one's graphics are bad, but they are undoubtedly behind compared to the Playstation 4. And even after directx 12 it will still be behind. I suppose it all depends on what you are looking for in regards to network, security and the overall gaming experience. But all preferences aside, the playstation 4 is a superior console and beats out the xbox one in most aspects. Why else would microsoft be trying to release software for it now? But as you and I have both stated. The main thing is actually personal preference.
Posted by deathwish188 2 years ago
deathwish188
Did I forget to mention that Directx 12 will increase the cpu up to 50 percent for the Xbox one? Look it up
Posted by Kjcrow1911 2 years ago
Kjcrow1911
http://www.gamechup.com...
I'm just gonna leave this here
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
The Order 1886 is playstation exclusive... I don't know any more! I just don't KNOW!
Posted by VendettaUK 2 years ago
VendettaUK
xbox for the win!
Posted by deathwish188 2 years ago
deathwish188
Pc and Xbox for the win, and you can't say no, Windows 10 will allow pc gamers to play online with Xbox one gamers, pc and Xbox one are getting strong ties with each other, steam is rumored to come to Xbox one.
Posted by gabep 2 years ago
gabep
PC for the win!
Posted by CommunistDog 2 years ago
CommunistDog
I hear that the Xbox 1 sensors words so if you curse, you're punished somehow. I like that feature. It's been so annoying, just hearing people CURSE CURSE CURSE!