THEROCKMAN
Zax

YUGIOH! is better than Magic the gathering

THEROCKMAN
Started: 12/18/2013 Category: Games

THEROCKMAN

Pro

YUGIOH! is obviously the better TCG because the game is faster paced for one,the cards and abilities are better looking and better functioning, plus the game is easier to play, also the age limit is 6+ whereas in Magic it is 13+.Finally,YUGIOH! has a hit television show that appeals to little kids in that regard too.
Zax

Con

What you say is true. YUGIOH does have a TV show watched by many children, and does say 6+ on the package whereas MTG has 13+ on the card packs. It is simpler and faster paced. Therefore, we can conclude that YUGIOH is aimed for children. If it is aimed for children, its obviously going to be more popular among children while MTG is more popular among teens and adults. As you stated, MTG is more complex than YUGIOH, allowing for more strategy to be applied and a more competitive level of play. Which is better, an encyclopedia where you must look up the information by hand, or the more complex tool, the computer, where all the information you want is at a click of the button.
THEROCKMAN

Pro

I don't hate magic the gathering, and yes it may be targeted for my age group and older, but I grew up with yugioh and in playing the game I find yugioh to be better because the abilities of the monsters, spell and trap cards are better than the creatures, instants and artifacts of magic the gathering. true magic has been around longer, but can you justify them for sueing konami and making them change the name from magic to spell cards? come on! how much of a baby did they have to be to do that. and what about that summoning sickness crap that you have to deal with when you summon a creature? also you can't attack your opponents creatures, you have to attack them and then they can choose to block with their creatures? what the F is that! and finallly what are you talking about encyclopedia and computer? the computer is easier to use than the encyclopedia and children would be more inclined to use a computer than an encyclopedia. but i am not talking about those objects, i am proving that yugioh is better than magic. all you yugioh fans out there, vote pro!
Zax

Con

The debate is on which is better between the two games, not who is more of a baby. Your opinion on the rules of the game doesn't make one better or worse than the other. The computer and encyclopedia was an analogy to prove my point. If my opponent doesn't wish to debate the topic then I will assume he wishes to concede.
THEROCKMAN

Pro

THEROCKMAN forfeited this round.
Zax

Con

My opponent has forfeited round 3. Therefore I will post no further argument.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
THEROCKMANZaxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, but in my opinion he had better arguments.