Crypto247
DanT

Yahoo Answers is a good place to debate and learn more about politics

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Crypto247

Pro

Ok I am starting this. Also if you don't know anything about yahoo answers polictics section don't debate. Yahoo Answers has a politics section on it. It is very popular. It is a good place to share your views without being attack. Yahoo Answers made me the conservative man I am today. It taught me how to argue, fight, and come on strong. Before yahoo I was a wimpy liberal but after I was a strong con. In my opinion many people could use a good month of it. I will give to for the con to start.
DanT

Con

Yahoo Answers has a Question-Answer format, and violation that format is a violation of the community guidelines.

Because politics is a very sensitive issue, many times in the politics section, if someone disagrees politically, and can't refute what you have sad, they will report your answer as offensive. More often than not Y/A deletes reported answers in the political section, before reviewing them; you must than appeal the violation, and hope the yahoo employee is unbiased.

Besides Yahoo Answers not being in debate format, there is also the issue of whether or not the person asking the question is open to alternative views. Many times the person asking the question is ignorant, and stubborn.

Crypto247

Pro

Ok I will go over my points. Yahoo answers is one of the best politics community on the internet. With great people like paul grass on their it is sure to be a great place t o debate politics. It is rare that I get many thumbs down for stating my opinion on there, and I rarely get attack on their while the other party I disagree with does. Imo it is a great place.
DanT

Con

Again Yahoo answers is a question answer website, much like;
  • AllExperts
  • Answerbag
  • Askville
  • WikiAnswers
  • Yedda
  • Chacha Answers

Calling it a debate site is like calling customer service a debate venue; it just doesn't fly.

Yahoo Answers is not a good debate site, because it is a question answer website; those who ask and answer questions, with the intent to debate, are violating the site's community agreements.

Crypto247

Pro

Well that circle above isn't true at all. Saying that over 30 percent of all answers is just google it is a pretty far claim of yours. I see more answers that are copy from the wiki than answers saying google it. For the circle above to be true you must see every 1 in 3 answers say google it most of the time. Check for yourself.
DanT

Con

That picture was actually meant to poke fun at Y/A, it's not an actual statstic.
If you want an actual statistc I will make 2 for you using excel.

This Chart was gathered from all the questions on the first page of the politics catagory (20 questions)

This Chart was gathered from all the answers on the first question in the politics catagory (16 answers)

Again Yahoo Answers is Not a Debate site, it's a question-answer site. Debating is a violation of the community guidelines.
Crypto247

Pro

Ok it isn't but many people do it anyway. The people turn it into a debate site. Yahoo isn't the best place to debate and learn, but it is a GOOD place too.
DanT

Con

Yahoo answers is not a good place to debate, because your answer, or even your question, can be reported, and deleted for violating the question-answer format.

Yahoo Answers, as the name implies, is meant to answer questions, and the community guidelines reinforces that format.
Posted by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
I used to spend a lot of time on Yahoo answers arguing politics. I got tired of going back and fourth with people who just spew out nonsense without having to back it up. I was very glad to find DDO.
Posted by DanT 5 years ago
DanT
Is 1st round acceptance only?
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Crypto247DanTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro essentially concedes in the final round. Con wins sources for the informative graphs.
Vote Placed by jm_notguilty 5 years ago
jm_notguilty
Crypto247DanTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wrong, the Youtube comments is better and more fun to debate.
Vote Placed by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
Crypto247DanTTied
Reasons for voting decision: You're both wrong huffington post or the wikipedia talk pages are way better debate sites than Y!A or DDO
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Crypto247DanTTied
Reasons for voting decision: The Con brought to light how Yahoo answers does not always give well rounded and intelligent answers and sometimes is even blocked by Yahoo itself.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
Crypto247DanTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con seemed to enjoy this debate more then he actually put effort into refuting the arguments. Effort however, was not very necessary. Con pointed out that Yahoo answers is not a debate site and is not put into a format to debate so this point automatically fails. Since the resolution states "and", this was all he needed to negate the resolution.