backwardseden
MrUltimateAviator

Yeah right. god really exists. Are you kidding?

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.

backwardseden

Pro

There is no possible way that god according to the bible can possibly exist UNLESS you believe in utter hate, needless death, destruction, violence, war, bloodshed, carnage, etc etc etc as proved with today's mass shooting in Vegas.
IF god is a god he IS in control of these types of situations, he would know that these types of situations would be happening BEFORE they happen thus would be able to stop them. After all he's GOD (what a joke) and is all knowing and all powerful, knows everything, is omnipotent, is perfect. Well clearly that's not true now is it? If this god was perfect then these all too common incidences would NOT take place. But then again this god makes the killing of each other all too easy. After all Cain killed Able right at the beginning of the bible in genesis 4:8 "And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him." So god must love killings, otherwise he would not create killings and make them so prominent throughout the ridiculous chew rag bible.
But its even worse than that. Far worse. Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan COMBINED!!! Here's some examples... 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? There"s no such a thing as "love" within any genocide.
Trump said of the Vegas shooter "It was an act of pure evil." Well that's true. Duh. It IS an act of pure evil to knowingly create the Vegas shooter, to commit his genocides, to knowingly create the individuals like the Vegas shooter and others like them as god does IF you believe in him. But then again you cannot even prove that god exists. Nobody can. It is the mere belief in this god that strikes terror and horrors into the hearts and souls people. What an a$$ Trump is. He doesn't believe in god anymore than any atheist does. There wasn't a defining moment of sincerity nor integrity within his so-called speech. What a joke. He's only about winning. Gee is it any blunder why he and god are so similar?
What this country, actually the world, needs and requires is compassion, sincerity, care, kindness, a gentle hug, love, harmony... not evil, not hate, there's far too much of that. Stop it! Stop it all now!
MrUltimateAviator

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate! I'm looking forward to a thorough and educated discussion. Before I begin to counter anything he has said, my heart goes out to all of the families and victims of the Vegas shooting. They are in our prayers.

Now, to begin, as my opponent has implied in the prompt of this debate, it is the goal to argue for or against the existence of God. However, my opponent has not made any arguments against the existence of God. He has instead tried to show that he is evil and full of hate, which is false, but nonetheless not the point of this debate.

The first point I gathered from his post was that if God existed, all of the troubles in the world would not occur, such as the Las Vegas Shooting; he would just stop them. This is not the way God works. He is all-powerful, but this doesn't mean that his will is to continuously use it. Citing mass shootings and other world tragedies do not disprove God's existence, therefore, my opponent needs to make arguments that directly relate to why he believes God does not exist. He cannot just claim that an all-powerful God had the power to stop a mass shooting and didn't, therefore he does not exist. This is nothing more than a conjecture.

Now, my opponent has claimed that there is no proof of God, and no one can prove his existence. I strongly disagree with this, and here's why. We live in a massive universe, bigger than any one of us can imagine. This universe is capable of supporting life. When the universe first sprung into existence, (I will use our solar system for my main template, even though there are many other planets out there that can support life) our solar system was formed in just the right fashion to support life. Out of the endless other possibilities, our earth was placed EXACTLY where it needed to be to support life. Life itself began existence on the earth because of these conditions. Look at our bodies now: the immune system, sight, senses, the ability to reason, you name it. There is just no way that all of this happened by chance. The probability of the universe being formed the way it was just by chance is near impossible. But no, the universe came together in just the right order. How can there not be a God? The universe and everything it is is clear proof of God. Further reading here: http://www.icr.org....

I look forward to hearing what my opponent has to say. Again, my condolences go out to the families/victims of the Vegas shooting.
backwardseden

Pro

Why would you mention the word “prayers”? Why not “thoughts”, “close to us”, accommodations or something like that which has a lot more in depth meaning? Oh I get it, you are trained to say something like that.

“my opponent has not made any arguments against the existence of God.” OK I’m ending this debate ONCE AGAIN because a teeny bopper like you simply cannot do something as wide and as vast as “reading”. Do you know what “reading” is? You know. Words. Sentences. Now EXACTLY what does the first sentence of RD1 state? It states point blank with a duh… “There is no possible way that god according to the bible can possibly exist UNLESS you believe in utter hate, needless death, destruction, violence, war, bloodshed, carnage, etc etc etc as proved with today's mass shooting in Vegas.” Now what part of that doesn’t your simpleton maggot brain NOT understand? Oh and oh yeah btw, it is always, no exceptions, none, for you to prove your god’s existence in which case no one, not one person, has ---ever--- done.
Wow. I also stated “But then again you cannot even prove that god exists. Nobody can. It is the mere belief in this god that strikes terror and horrors into the hearts and souls people.” Again, what part of that doesn’t your simpleton maggot brain NOT understand?

Man I wish just ONCE, just fricken once that I could get someone who is INTELLIGENT and EDUCATED and is not grown from a pea pod who can actually think, reason, rationalize, use common sense, use logic because god, religion and the bible does not require a single hand grenade weight loss program BANG BANG grande smithereens of it. I am blocking you from further debates with me for point blank obvious reasons. Bye.
MrUltimateAviator

Con

I said that they were in my prayers because it's extremely terrible what they went through, and I want them to feel God's love for them.

My opponent is already accusing me of not knowing how to read, yet I am the only one who actually analyzed his arguments, broke them down, and refuted them. He is right in that he stated in the first sentence that God doesn't exist. That's all he made out of it, was that God doesn't exist. He didn't give any proof of this or statements as to WHY. In fact, he even conceded to a possibility of God existing, through hate (which is not present in God). My opponent has essentially self-contradicted himself by acknowledging a possible way God exists.

But I will continue nonetheless. He clearly did not read my full post, as I showed proof of God's existence, which he is denying, saying that no one has and no one will prove him.

This debate is not going anywhere near a good and educated debate, and it is not because of my posts, it is because of my immature opponent who thinks that he has the right to harass Christians and has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. If he would actually read my posts and refute my arguments, that would be a good and educated debate. It is his fault that this debate ended up the way it is, not mine.

That's all for now. I hope my opponent will soon come to his senses and stop wasting his time showing that he actually believes in God, because if he truly believed that there was no God, he would not be putting so much energy into trying to show hatred from him.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@Throwback - Awe fwuffy pillow down I've already debated the corn silk huggy nose. The furry blossom himself tried to be a smarta$$ and didn't know that his god hates children. So naturally he like you had to cover for it with miserable excuses and boring little lies. And since he tried to be a smarta$$ I ended it. So he's probably going to put a freeze on me. But not to fear, if he does, I'll just re-post. But here's the mega difference between you and me gosh golly gee gosh darned it all and you just can't stand it... I have friends and loved ones whereas NOBODY can even stand being 100 ft within your fetus breath. Its because as stated, you are a psychopath. I mean you even hate bent potato chips.
Posted by Throwback 3 months ago
Throwback
@MrUltimateAviator, you have my sympathies for having taken this debate. After this brain dead self worshipper wastes tour time making you destroy his position, he'll forfeit.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
"This is not just a matter of opinion. This is an entire branch of philosophy of epistemology about how we go about determining whether or not a ---claim--- is reasonably and rationally justified. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claim that there is a god is an extraordinary claim which requires more than just pointing to an old book. That is simply NOT rational to the claim. Sorry. Its not just an opinion. There"s more to life than that." Matt Dillahunty

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror. - Richard Dawkins and wow is he right. But I'd be willing to bet EVERYTHING you have not read your OT. Have you...

Calling god evil? Well he called himself evil several times. And he is evil to allow suffering especially when he hates children. He hates gays, hates women, ensues slavery and the beating of slaves, loves war and massive genocides, bloodshed, needless death, loves raped women, etc etc etc. Yeah. That's evil AND hate. I don't do any of that.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
He also said... "The question is ill formed. The question is "what proof and evidence do you have that atheism is true"? Atheism is the position of NOT accepting the theological explanation. It is NOT accepting the god hypothesis. It is in fact the null hypothesis. It cannot be proven to be true. It is the default position. And christianity and Buddhism and Hinduism and Islam they have all failed to meet their burden of proof. Its not up to me to prove they are any gods anymore than it is up to me to prove that that there isn"t bigfoot or fairies or UFO"s. The default position, the null hypothesis is that these things aren"t true. And we wait and we reserve belief until they are demonstrated to be true. Does that make sense?
Caller "Does that mean atheism is not a worldview?"
Matt " That"s correct. Atheism isn"t a worldview. It doesn't have any pennants or dogma, no books, no authorities. It is a SINGLE position on a SINGLE question on the existence of gods. Now there is a world view that many atheists share. Most of us, at least with the ACA, are skeptics, that informs our worldview. Its my atheism as a direct product of skepticism. Many of us are secular humanists which tells us a little bit more about our moral outlook on life and other things. There"s many many many labels that would fit. There are a number of secular worldviews that are consistent with atheism. Just saying you are an atheist alone doesn"t say anything at all about somebody"s worldview. By the way most Buddhists are atheists. They don"t believe in a god. But they believe in any number of, in some cases, supernatural things that I don"t accept, some of them don"t accept that either, so yeah atheism is not a worldview. It can certainly be a part of a worldview. But its not a worldview in that broad sense."
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@CreationGuy - Who knows what to believe. I like all good and great scientists say "I don't know." But you know what? You should watch last nights 60 minutes for a more convincing argument. And your second tagline has absolutely nothing to do with the first and only proves how bankrupt and corrupt your god truly is because he approves of both rape and killing one another. And atheists know better. Its not until your god that came along until the world ran amok. Check your world history.
Well it was Matt Diliahunty that said "When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say "yes the bible says you can own slaves but" well now you"re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You"ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you"ve found a way to rationalize them. You"ve gone and looked at them and said "boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that"s what Israel was doing that"s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this" do you believe that there"s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant. Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state "thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?" or "please don"t rape the people and pillage the villages around you"" and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins. Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this."
Posted by CreationGuy 3 months ago
CreationGuy
@backwardseden
I have a question for you: Do you believe like Carl Sagan that we evolved from stardust and if so, is it morally wrong for me to rape and kill a person?

How would you account for this in an atheistic worldview?

I mean was Richard Dawkins correct when he said, "The universe we observe has " no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference. " DNA neither knows nor cares. DNA just is. And we "dance to its music" [emphasis added].

Also, how would you justified calling God evil if there's no absolutes (right or wrong)?

I await your response and hope we can have an open discussion and don't have any straw-man arguments and ad hominem attacks....
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@Throwback - Awe the fuzzy wittle wost wosey runny babbit pure 100% psychopath has his my pages once again. Notice that I don't have to go out and seek you out. Now why is that snookums? I have missed you so much. Could you use a hug?
Posted by Throwback 3 months ago
Throwback
@Kilk1---this guy is a backwardidiot. Don't waste your time.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@Kilk1 Well cock my dol-de-dol. Now that you know you don't need to refresh to get what this ridiculous snot meat sow barking pumpkin site does to its hardy har har hars, well I think you get the moss-age. Bible study? Why? There's enough killing, hate especially hatred of children, your god ensuing slavery especially the knowing beating of slaves, hating gays, wars, genocides, hating of women, loving raped women, needless death, cannibalism, bloodshed, and in your god's words has freely admitted to having anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy. Jealousy? What from a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. Even worse is this supposed god of yours passed down those emotions so man could in turn learn to hate with all the baggage that comes along with it that these emotions clearly are that this god drags around with him. Hey god, dump those emotions and how"s about thinking about peace, kindness, love, caring for each other, harmony etc? Nah. So don"t talk to me or anyone that YOUR god is "good" when he is most certainly not anything like it. Not only that since this god of YOURS has these emotions it clearly means that he is imperfect. Now who in their right stale mind would ---ever--- want to bow down to an inferior supreme deity bile god such as the one you picked from your closet because what else could it be?
Strange isn"t it that in comparison that the Inca, many of the native American Indian tribes until your white man greasy sweaty racist pig christian wiped them out, the aborigines, Hindu"s, Gaia Mother Earth, Buddhists etc etc etc they do not practice nor preach nor go to war over their religions, not anywhere close to the evils nor hate that the christians do. Now why is that? And yet according to your god worshiping other gods is considered to be the most evil thing there is, and you should be stoned to death for it. So you follow your lord"s orders and you come on down here and stone me to death. The end.
Posted by Throwback 3 months ago
Throwback
Don't bother accepting this illiterate's debate. He can't hold his own, and will simply forfeit.