funshoanimashaun
moneystacker

Yehoshua is GOD

funshoanimashaun

Con

A lot has been said about the Divinity of Yehoshua, otherwise known as Jesus Christ, who is believed to be born 2015 years ago. Some say He is God, while some argue He is just a Prophet and a Messenger of God He always referred to as His Father who sent Him. Today, I, Funsho Animashaun, would be focusing on the fact that Yeshua was a servant of God, a Messenger and NOT GOD because Yeshua never had the qualities of God. I would make my arguments based on some qualities of God as explained in the Bible and Quran which are:
1. God is One
2. God is sovereign and does not depend on anyone
3. God was not begotten
4; God has none like him
5. God has knowledge of everything
6. God does not change
7. God never sleeps nor slumbers
8. God is the only One that sits on THE HEAVENLY THRONE
9. God does not lie
10. God can never have His God

I would have to drop my pen here and wait for my opponent who is going to make his introductory words. Please before I continue, I would want him/her to affirm the qualities of God I listed above and tell me if he has issues with anyone. If no issue is seen, I would begin my argument using each of these qualities using 3 features gotten from the word THREE:

1: Text
2: History
3; Reasoning
moneystacker

Pro

1. God is One
3. God was not begotten
4; God has none like him
5. God has knowledge of everything
6. God does not change
7. God never sleeps nor slumbers
9. God does not lie
10. God can never have His God

I would like some clarification of number 10, I gues you are suggesting God would never send a part of him down in human form but just to be sure. Also I will be focusing on proving Jesus is also both 100% God and 100% man and proving Jesus was indeed "gods son" and proving he has godlike properties despite what my opponent claims.

I await my opponents argument.
funshoanimashaun

Con

Honestly dear brother, the debate was meant for 2 friends of mine on Facebook for us to discuss. But don't worry I would continue with my discussion since they don't want to come debate me.

I am quite surprised you agreed to the first 9 qualities of God Iisted in my Introductory argument but had a problem with the last quality of God #10. I would want to go through the qualities of God one after the other using my 3 features THR but would leave this Bible verse in John 20 vs 16 -18 to ponder on which explains my last point (10. God can never have His God). If you accept #2. God is sovereign and does not depend on anyone, why is quality #10 difficult to comprehend.

(John 20 KJV)
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

I would proceed by explaining these qualities of God which Jesus lacked one after the other using the features THR (Text, History, Reasoning)

1. GOD IS ONE: This first quality in Islam is referred to as Tauheed. Honestly this platform requires just 3 more rebuttals which would not be adequate but i would want to go through the main Qualities.

(A) TEXT: I would provide 28 scriptural findings in the Bible which supports Oneness of God.
1. Deuteronomy 4:35,39 " Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 " Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 " See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 " Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 " That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

6. 2 KINGS 5:15 " And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel; now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 " And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.
8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 " O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 " Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

10. Psalm 18:31 " For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

11. Psalm 86:10 " For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

12. Isaiah 37:16,20 " O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou has made heaven and earth. (20) Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.

13. Isaiah43:10,11 " Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

14. Isaiah44:6,8 " Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

15. Isaiah 45:21 " Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time: who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me.

16. Isaiah 46:9 " For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

17. Hosea 13:4 " Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me; for there is no savior beside me.

18. Joel 2:27 " And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

19. Zechariah 14:9 " And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

20. Mark 12:29-34 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

21. John 17:3 " And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

22. Romans 3:30 " Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

23. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6 " As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, andthat there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

24. Galatians 3:20 " Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

25. Ephesians 4:6 " One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
26. 1 Timothy 1:17 " Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
27. 1 Timothy 2:5 " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
28. James 2:19 " Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The Quran also lays claim to the ONENESS OF GOD

QURAN 112 VS 1 "In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."

Quran 23 vs 91 "God has not taken to Himself any son, nor is there any god with Him: For then each god would have taken of that which he created and some of them would have risen up over others."

Quran 21 vs 22 And Why, were there gods in earth and heaven other than God, they (heaven and earth) would surely go to ruin."

Quran 59:22-24 "He is God; there is no god but He, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate. He is God, there is no God but He. He is the King, the All-Holy, the All-Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime. Glory be to God, above that they associate! He is God the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. To Him belong the Names Most Beautiful. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."

Quaran 29 vs 46 And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

My brother, A whole lot of verses are left not posted just because of time and space.

(B) HISTORY: Monotheism characterizes the traditions of B"bism, the Bah"'" Faith, Cao Dai (Caodaiism), Cheondoism (Cheondogyo), Christianity, Deism, Eckankar, Islam, Judaism, Mandaeism, Rastafari, Ravidassia religion, Seicho no Ie, Shaivism, Shaktism, Sikhism, Tengrism (Tangrism), Tenrikyo (Tenriism), Vaishnavism, and Zoroastrianism and elements of the belief are discernible in numerous other religions including Atenism and Ancient Chinese religion.
Abrahamic religions are monotheistic faiths of Middle Eastern origin, emphasizing and tracing their origins to Abraham or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him.As of the early twenty-first century, the majority of the world's population (54% or 3.8 billion people) consider themselves as monotheists and adherents of the Abrahamic religions.
While adherents of Abrahamic religions consider themselves to be monotheists, Judaism and Islam only recognize each other as being monotheistic
(C) REASONING: My brother it is not logical to say 1God + 1God = 1 God or 1God + 1God + 1God = 1 God.
moneystacker

Pro

1. Jesus Christ was both divine and human.

He was 100% human and 100% deity.
scriptural evidence=
Philippians 2:5-15=Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Hebrews 4:4-16 For h spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, and God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, if they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if JEsus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper then any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints of marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creatures that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, hat we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

You must look at the human aspect of Jesus and realize that his humanity was just as dependent upon the spirit as yours and mine is. God is only one person, and Jesus is His greatest name. In fact, until the humanity matured and grew in spiritual undersanding as well as natural understanding, the deity of Him could not accomplish any miracle or great work of God in the world through that baby. 1st Timothy 4:15-16 (i will not post what it says to save characters search it up online.)

I will now kind of go through Jesus's history sort of and focus on certain aspects of it

At 12 years of age, Jesus knew He was the son of God.

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that i must be about my Father's business?
Jesus lived by the Word and His understanding was based upon the word. He was also of course a son of God

Later at 30 years of age, Jesus was baptized, and the Father spoke from heaven. Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him. and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Conclusion: If that isn't evidence of Jesus being the son of god then idk what is.

Then Jesus went to his hometown
Heaven was his divine hometown, but Nazareth was his human hometown. Don't forget 100% human and 100% diety.

Jesus then opened the word
Luke 4:18-19 The spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sigh to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And in his hometown
Luke 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ear. Luke 4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceed out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

Luke 4:31-34 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the Sabbath days. And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power. And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice, Saying, Let [us] alone; what have we to do with thee, [thou] Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy one of God.

Conclusion: As we can see Jesus= God, Jesus is 100% man but also 100% deity, as you can see even the demons knew him and feared him. He was more then just a major prophet, he was and still is the mighty lord.

Now however i would like to look how you have to even be immersed in Jesus name and how his name is essneital to access blessings and power.

2. Baptism
Baptism is not an option; there is no such thing in the Bible as a Christian who was not baptized.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

If you're not willing to be baptized the bible way, you can't get into the kingdom, but now i will show you how you must use the name of Jesus. If there is proof you must use his name then he is obviously more then just a prophet.

Sub point A: You must be immersed in water
Because Jesus was baptized by immersion
Because every baptism in the Bible is by immersion
Because that's precisely what the word baptism means
Because it is the best portrayal of a burial and resurrection

Sub point B: You must be baptized in Jesus name
Every baptism in acts was performed in Jesus' name.

THE DAY OF PENTECOST: Acts 2:38- be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

THE SAMARITANS: Acts 8:16- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

THE HOUSE OF CORNELIUS: Acts 10:48- he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord

THE DISCIPLES OF JOHN: Acts 19:5- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

3. The authority and power of Jesus name

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Philippians 2:9-11 - Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (Read More...)

John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Corinthians 6:11 - And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Luke 10:17 - And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Acts 4:30 - By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

Jeremiah 10:6 - Forasmuch as [there is] none like unto thee, O LORD; thou [art] great, and thy name [is] great in might.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 22:13 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Acts 3:12-16 - And when Peter saw [it], he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? (Read More...)

Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Explanation: Jesus name is intrinsic to access with God and to perform works to benefit his kingdom, it is also the name that must be used to cast out devils.

Acts 8:12 - But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Revelation 22: 2 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, Amen"

Hebrews 12: 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
funshoanimashaun

Con

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious and Most Merciful.May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you brother.Welcome back to another round but am surprised you have not given up the idea that Jehoshua is God.
A philosopher once told me that an essay or write-up must end with the strongest point of reference, and i guess that is why you used Hebrews 12 vs 2 as your strongest point and you underlined some words.Am surprised bro that you picked that as your strongest point not knowing it would be my starting point. Please note the capitalised words
Hebrew 12 vs 2: looking unto Jesus the author and finisher OF OUR FAITH.who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame,and IS SET DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD.
My brother and dear readers please let us apply REASONING and logic to the capitalised words.Does this not show God sitting on the throne and Jesus sitting at His right side? This isnt the only scripture that says Jesus is to sit at the right hand of God
Mark.16vs19. So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

My brother and whoever is reading this article, please let us apply REASONING and logic again to this chapter in the Bible.

Revelations 4 vs1-11:After these things I saw, and behold, a door opened in heaven, and the first voice that I heard, a voice as of a trumpet speaking with me, one saying, Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must come to pass hereafter. Straightway I was in the Spirit: and behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and one sitting upon the throne; and he that sat was to look upon like a jasper stone and a sardius: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, like an emerald to look upon. And round about the throne were four and twenty thrones: and upon the thrones I saw four and twenty elders sitting, arrayed in white garments; and on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceed lightnings and voices and thunders. And there was seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God; and before the throne, as it were a sea of glass like a crystal; and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, four living creatures full of eyes before and behind. And the first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face as of a man, and the fourth creature was like a flying eagle. and the four living creatures, having each one of them six wings, are full of eyes round about and within: and they have no rest day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come. And when the living creatures shall give glory and honor and thanks to him that sitteth on the throne, to him that liveth for ever and ever, the four and twenty elders shall fall down before him that sitteth on the throne, and shall worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and shall cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Worthy art thou, our Lord and our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power: for thou didst create all things, and because of thy will they were, and were created.

Now the bible verses earlier said Jesus is to be sitted at the right hand of God's throne; therefore from this chapter of Revelations, where is Jesus sitted?Logic and proper reasoning shows that he is sitted at the right hand of God. He is part of the 24 elders that bowed down and worshipped God thesame way he did when he was on earth by praying and always seeking God's help whenever he wants to perform any miracle e.g when he wanted to raise Lazarus, during his prayer at the garden of Gethsemane before he was betrayed by Judas (Yudas). Did you notice also the 7 Spirits of God (Holy Spirit) described in verse 5?These represents the 7 manifestations of the Spirit of God as described in the books of Psalms which opposes the idea of TRINITY.It shows a distinction of the 7 Spirits of God and God who sits on the throne (#quality 8).Please note that am quoting verbatim what is written in the Bible and not using my words.

I once quoted this to a christian apologist,Victor Anyiwo,and he said Jesus wasnt present in this chapter. He told me to go to the next chapter 5. I laughed and asked him jokingly why was Jesus absent?Where did he go to?Was someone else occupying his sit? I checked the next chapter 5 and i noticed he was referring to the Lamb that stood before the throne. But come to think of it, the Lamb once again isnt He that sits on the throne. I would leave you something to ponder on before going back to my other qualities of God...The last chapter of Revelations pointed out that the Lamb is not Jesus, God is not Jesus and Jesus corrected John in verse 9 that he was a mere servant and one who was sent like every other prophet like John...infact, Jehoshua (Jesus) was an angel in this chapter. PLEASE READ BELOW AND NOTICE VERSE 9.

Revelations 22 vs1-21:And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the midst of the street thereof. And on this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve manner of fruits, yielding its fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no curse any more: and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be therein: and his servants shall serve him; and they shall see his face; and his name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be night no more; and they need no light of lamp, neither light of sun; for the Lord God shall give them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. And he said unto me, These words are faithful and true: and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angels to show unto his servants the things which must shortly come to pass. And behold, I come quickly. Blessed is he that keepeth the words of the prophecy of this book. And I John am he that heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that showed me these things. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren the prophets, and with them that keep the words of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not up the words of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand. He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still. Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city. Without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one that loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright, the morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And he that heareth, let him say, Come. And he that is athirst, let him come: he that will, let him take the water of life freely. I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book. He who testifieth these things saith, Yea: I come quickly. Amen: come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with the saints. Amen.

Please dont look astonished.It is there in the Bible. I only did a copy and paste of American standard version. And please note that there is a curse on anyone who tries to omit or include anything in the Bible.

I expect you now to agree with me after showing you previously 28 scriptures telling you God is One and has no partner or likeness.He is the All-sufficient God. If you still have any doubts in you about the Oneness of God, let me clarify some qualities of God to you Jehoshua lacked according to the Bible cos the Quran explicitly dissociates anything or anyone from God.
Act 2 vs 22: Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know; (#2. God is Sovereign and does not depend on anyone to do anything)
Matthew 12 vs 38-40:Then certain of the scribes and Pharisees answered him, saying, Teacher, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given it but the sign of Jonah the prophet: for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. (#9 God does not lie. Was Jesus in the tomb for 3days and 3nights? Was he dead or alive as Jonah was)
Matthew 20 vs 20-23:Then came to him the mother of the sons of Zebedee with her sons, worshipping him, and asking a certain thing of him. And he said unto her, What wouldest thou? She saith unto him, Command that these my two sons may sit, one on thy right hand, and one on thy left hand, in thy kingdom. But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink the cup that I am about to drink? They say unto him, We are able. He saith unto them, My cup indeed ye shall drink: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left hand, is not mine to give; but it is for them for whom it hath been prepared of my Father. (#quality 5)
moneystacker

Pro

I'm just going to forfiet. I understood my burden. I thought i simlpy had to proove Jesus is like god not that he is god. Your rules and your first statment posted made the burden seem different. I thought i simply had to proove Jesus is more then just a prophet not that he is the same thing as god.

SO yeah i concede.
funshoanimashaun

Con

funshoanimashaun forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

moneystacker forfeited this round.
funshoanimashaun

Con

funshoanimashaun forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

moneystacker forfeited this round.
Posted by funshoanimashaun 1 year ago
funshoanimashaun
My brother...i am glad that we did not go back and forth on this topic and one of us yielded due to proper understanding of the topic...before you go brother, please can i share something with you? I would also want to understand some things...now that you accept that Jesus is not God but a blessed or anointed prophet of God, do you now believe that God is One without having any partners or anything like Him? Do you also believe that The Prophet Mohammed (peace be unto him) is also a prophet or Messenger of God?...
We muslims believe in the Torah and the Injil. I personally believe that some parts of the Bible contains the word of God but the input of men (scribes) have made it have so many contradictory words or verses.I believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah but he is not God but a servant/prophet sent to the people of Israel for the remission of sins just as Moses was the messiah during his time sent to the Iarealites in Egypt to bring them out of captivity and for their remission of sins too through the 10 commandments and the Mosaic laws.

My brother do you see we have so many things in common? We only misunderstand each other because many of us dont read the Bible and Quran with much logic and reasoning and our pastors and preachers dont help.It is what they say we act on without doing our own research.

Pls let me understand your thoughts bro...do you agree that God is one without a partner and anything like him...do you agree that Mohammed (peace be unto him) was a prophet/messenger of God?
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
I mt to say I misunderstood my burden but yeah that's what happened. I know the resolution states Jesus is God but your statement made it seem like you were simply suggesting Jesus isn't like god. My bad there.
Posted by funshoanimashaun 1 year ago
funshoanimashaun
My next round would be later in the day as i have somethings to attend to today...
Posted by Lucassamson 1 year ago
Lucassamson
Exactly... Con is proposing Jesus isn't God
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
Ok I see ima post argument now was watching Texans vs KC NFL game.
Posted by funshoanimashaun 1 year ago
funshoanimashaun
My brother my introductory message requested your acceptance of the qualities of God. Your response showed u listing the 10qualities and signaling the last quality out...pls try to state which quality you are notbfamiliar with so i can use them as my main point of reference disociating Jehoshua....Pls bear it in mind that we only have 5 rounds to debate and we are on the second already...that is the main reason i had to write out explicitely the scriptures for you showing the main quality disociating Jehoshua from God...you can take your time in making your rebuttal as it is late here and I would want to sleep.My rebuttal shall be tomorrow for the 3rd round
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
all your scriptures preety much say the same thing. I am familiar with a good amount of them. I will address this mainly in one argument or so I just got back from a 2 hour chest work out so gonna rest a bit first. I also would have liked it if you organized some sort of argument using the scriptures instead of just listing them. Sure they explain qualities of God but yeah.
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
I never stated I agreed with any of your qualities just I wanted clarification on the last one. I didn't say it was difficult to comprehend either I hate when debaters assume stuff they don't know. Have you ever known something already but wanted to be sure?? That's why I asked again because I have a easy argument to take down point 10 in a heart beat. I wanted to know if it was really as easy as it seemed. I will respond in a moment.
Posted by ChaseDebate 1 year ago
ChaseDebate
moneystacker, I think Con is proposing that Jesus is not God himself, but a holy prophet sent from God.
Goodluck guys. This will be fun.
Posted by ChaseDebate 1 year ago
ChaseDebate
Goodluck guys. This will be fun.