Voxol
zachHu1

Yelling Match: Gay Marriage

Voxol

Con

This debate will be a yelling match between pro and I. All logical fallacies are allowed and encouraged. All misconduct is welcome. First round is acceptance. May the worst debater win.
zachHu1

Pro

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent for providing me with this challenge. It takes a lot of courage to argue for discrimination, but yet, he does it anyway.
Voxol

Con

I thank pro for his acceptance of this yelling match. If you look at the bible, you would see that in every incident where "Marriage" is discussed, it is between one man and one woman. NOWHERE in his holy book does the lord EVER argue for gay marriage. In fact, the bible says to kill homosexuals! (Lev. 20:13) What then, is pro proposing? Do you think that we should wed the gays and THEN kill them? Yet, throughout all of this, people like pro call me a bigot and condemn me for my views.
zachHu1

Pro

So, my opponent is arguing that we should govern based on the laws in a 2000 year old book. I will actually be making an intelligent case for the pro side, because I'm not stupid. First of all, I would like to point out that gay marriage doesn't actually affect heterosexuals. Maybe religious bigots, but that's another story. Instead of listening to a book that saw the world end with horsemen, why don't we listen to the people filling this modern, more tolerant earth, and allow some people the basic right of marriage? I mean, bigots like him will continue to persecute gays to the point of war. Where does that get America? Does Saudi Arabia come to mind? What about Afghanistan? Besides, if two people really love each other, and promise to remain committed, does their gender really matter? Finally, some may argue that gays shouldn't get married because they can't have children. Well, then why can infertile couples get married? I rest my case.
Voxol

Con

Voxol forfeited this round.
zachHu1

Pro

zachHu1 forfeited this round.
Voxol

Con

Voxol forfeited this round.
zachHu1

Pro

zachHu1 forfeited this round.
Voxol

Con

Voxol forfeited this round.
zachHu1

Pro

zachHu1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Varrack 1 year ago
Varrack
Wow, this is...awesome?
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I'm confused