DrAcula
repete21

Yellow Notebook paper is better for the eye than white notebook paper

DrAcula

Pro

I'd like to open with saying that my eyes are fine, whenever I look at yellow legal pads. But when I look at white notebook paper, I can't focus on it, because it's not vibrant, there for, I look at the blue line, getting fuzzier, and fuzzier, as I strain my eyes trying to keep them straight.

Although it is bright, it's easy to focus on a large amount of yellow, than a small amount of blue. Plus, businessmen WITHOUT glasses, tend to use it for their whole careers. I've never seen a successful businessmen, who normally studies a lot, with glasses on. His eyes are fine. But I look at other unsuccessful people, and always see them with notebooks. The majority of them were glass.

Vibrant is the way to go.
repete21

Con

First off, I would like to press for evidence that yellow paper is in any way relevant to life success.

Next I would like to make not of that fact that yellow paper is not easily used by colorblind individuals, as certain colors do not distinctly contrast to the yellow background, making it difficult for them to read the letters, where as all dark colors contrast to white paper, and are easy to read on white paper.

Thirdly, yellow paper is a waste of money, a white "Rapid Supplies" name brand legal pad can be bought for the same price as the same notebook in yellow.
DrAcula

Pro

Please, the reason they created yellow paper was to distinguish the professionals from the prettyboys.

Plus, it doesn't matter how expensive it is, there are some investments needed to be made for success. Not to mention, it'd be like wearing wal mart clothes in paris.

Colorblind individuals...well, their eyesight is already messed up, and there isn't a significant number of successful businessmen, so that argument really doesnt hold any ground.
repete21

Con

I find it amazing that you have no sympathy at all for color blind individuals, also, you have yet to show proof that yellow paper leads to sucess

http://techrepublic.com.com...
Here we see Bill Gates with a pile of white papers beside him

http://www.thealarmclock.com...

And here, we see Paul Allen looking at white paper, this clearly shows, that white paper is infact used by sucessful people, as Bill Gates, is the first, and Paul Allen the third most wealthy men.
DrAcula

Pro

Bill Gates is the Antichrist, did you not know that? His initials, on some magical scale, add up with 666. I'm sorry, but I don't believe he holds weight here. But, just for the heck of it;

On closer inspection of that picture, it seems the white papers are all business jargon, not notebook paper. I don't believe he spent his timing writing on those. But, when you magnify the picture, you can see a small bit of yellow poking out, which also has a few blue lines on it. It leads me to believe that Bill does all his non computer work on Yellow legal pad paper. Probably because they don't have holes :)

It also seems that those white papers aren't notebook paper, but, you will also notice that both of them are wearing glasses; they probably look at white paper a lot, because they only write on yellow legal pad paper, and barely do that, because they work mainly on computers. Staring at that mass of white paper that they can't work on, makes it seem that white paper causes eyesight problems.
repete21

Con

On your argument about Bill Gates, if you look, the paper directly above, and numerous other papers can be seen to be white notebook paper. You have completely avoidid the color blindness argument, and can bring up no evidence on the sucess of yellow paper users, your simple minded opinions can not be paralelled to my physical evidence.
DrAcula

Pro

I answered your colorblindness argument, and you brought up no significant numbers regarding successful color blind people.

That leads me to believe that most successful people, want to look professional, and use yellow legal pads, rather than white ones, that make them look like students.

In most debate rounds in real life, yellow legal pads are used for flow charts, because they look professional. It's the vibrant-ness. Sure, they may be unpopular for students, but they are noticeable when the professionals use them, and they want to be noticed, that is the reason they use them.

You have yet to refute my claim that Bill Gates is the AntiChrist, and if we go buy your example of Gates using white paper, we can see that the minute amount of individuals that use it end up having eyesight problems, which is the basis for this whole debate. White paper=eyesight problems.
repete21

Con

First off, I believe that emotional sucess leads to overall sucess, going on the theory that optomism and pesimism are contageous, so white paper+people=sucess=good eye sight

On to your Bill Gates argument, I will base my argument on 1)Negative presumption, so unless you bring up evidence on his being the anti christ, we can presume that he is not, and 2) I question your credintials, you claim to be a doctor, prove it.
DrAcula

Pro

my name is a reference to scrubs, and you're just a 15 year old kid. I'm 16, and a time traveler. i can prove it if you press for it.

The topic is of this debate is: Yellow Notebook paper is better for the eye than white notebook paper

you just said white notebook paper added to bad eyesight, so that really just goes hand in hand with my arguments.
repete21

Con

thank you for clarifying, yes I would like evidence that you time travel, and can we please try to keep this serious? I have shown that white paper leads to better eyes, and is better for people with color blindness
Posted by Chuckles 9 years ago
Chuckles
i don't know, it could be eye catching because it irritates your eyes...
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
That does make sense. But just because it's eye-catching doesn't mean it isn't irritating. Or does it? I don't know. I know that if I ever write a book the color of the cover would be yellow or orange.
Posted by Chuckles 9 years ago
Chuckles
yellow is the most eye-catching color; the first to be looked at in a group usually. ad companies like to exploit that.
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
I believe yellow is the most irritating color to the human eye.
Posted by SofiLove 9 years ago
SofiLove
it's not like you're a century older than him....sorry...typo
Posted by SofiLove 9 years ago
SofiLove
hahaha....omg I think the whole time traveler thing was hilarious. But seriously, I think repete21 has far better arguements. And I don't think you should discriminate against him because he's 15. By the way, newsflash!! it's not like you're not a century older than him. I'm 20 and I still wouldn't tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about because of his age. Just a tip...bringing up prejudice during your rebuttal does not help you win your debate.
Posted by DrAcula 9 years ago
DrAcula
white paper leads to bad eyesight, look at gates and his glasses.

and you're computer just got a virus maybe 15 minutes ago. I created the virus.
Posted by thegreats 9 years ago
thegreats
I like this debate. Personally, legal pads are my favorite because they have no holes, but it is about who debates better and I like repete21's comment about color blind people.
Vote Placed by behindblueeyes 9 years ago
behindblueeyes
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by SofiLove 9 years ago
SofiLove
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by JoeDSileo 9 years ago
JoeDSileo
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by fpaulgreen 9 years ago
fpaulgreen
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by Maddy 9 years ago
Maddy
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by raissaguldam_cassiopeia 9 years ago
raissaguldam_cassiopeia
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by thegreats 9 years ago
thegreats
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by Chevis 9 years ago
Chevis
DrAcularepete21Tied
Vote Placed by willact723 9 years ago
willact723
DrAcularepete21Tied