nfong
AngryPorker

Yoda could beat Darth Vader in a Lightsaber Duel

nfong

Pro

I love Star Wars and especially the Dark Side, but I have to admit that Yoda could beat Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel (from Star Wars).

First off, Yoda has hundreds of more years of experience than Vader. From Episode II, we see that Yoda is at least 800 years older than the young Anakin Skywalker (who would later become Vader.) In a lightsaber duel to the death, experience is all that matters. After losing to Obi-Wan on Mustafar in Episode III, it's clear that Vader lacks the experience to fight any Jedi.

Secondly, Vader is already in a critical state of health. He's a huge mass of metal, wearing a metal suit just to breath and walk. With one well aimed hit at Vader's midsection, Yoda could completely suffocate Vader in a matter of seconds. We also see Vader's weakness in Episode VI. Darth Sidious shoots a few bolts of Force Lightning at Vader's breathing machine, and Vader dies shortly after.

Thirdly, speed and size would be important factors in the duel. Obviously, Yoda is more agile than Vader, combined with the fact that he's smaller than him. Yoda would have a big target to hit, while Vader would have to try to hit a little green creature that's flying around him.

I now stand ready for my opponent's case.
AngryPorker

Con

Vader can TAKE IT LIKE A MAN (whether you are talking about anal penetration or a physical beating) whereas Yoda couldn't even take a bit of jelly up the japside.
Also if you gave Dave Vader a rock, he could just take it to Yoda's skull and fuckk up his face!

Here is an example of what could happen:
nfong

Pro

First off, I would like to thank AngryPorker for taking part in this debate.

I would like to also point out that his name is "Darth Vader," not "Dave Vader."

Now I will refute my opponent's argument(s).
My opponent is saying that we should give Vader a rock, and he would use that rock to go beat up Yoda. However, with a simple Force push, Yoda would have Vader sprawling backwards. Also, Yoda could just use his lightsaber to chop the rock to pieces.
Secondly, Vader cannot "take it like a man." You seem to have neglected to read my second argument in Round 1. Vader is in critical health, and no, he cannot "take it like a man." One hit to his breathing machine and he's gone.

I now am ready for my opponent's second rebuttal.
AngryPorker

Con

AngryPorker forfeited this round.
nfong

Pro

I want to close this debate by saying that my reasons are far more superior than my opponent's reasons.
I therefore win this debate because of this.

AngryPorker

Con

AngryPorker forfeited this round.
Posted by nfong 6 years ago
nfong
Vote, people! :P
Posted by nfong 6 years ago
nfong
k I will.
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
You accept my challenge and forget all about this.
Posted by nfong 6 years ago
nfong
Uh Angryporker's account was closed...
so what happens now?
Posted by nfong 6 years ago
nfong
I might consider redoing the debate, tvellalott. Do you have any experience with Star Wars? :P

and @wjmelements: I don't really understand :P
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
What would you suggest: Yoda is the greatest Lightsaber duelist ever
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
This would be more win if the resolution didn't explicitly state "Darth Vader."
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
nfong, if you'd like to redo this debate again for any reason(like opponent suckiness), please challenge me. That is all.
Posted by nfong 6 years ago
nfong
The duel would be a fight to the death, so there really isn't a set time limit.
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
technically, they're both dead, so the fight would end in a draw.