Napoleon_Dynamite_915
jordansshuler

Yoda is the Best Star Wars Character.

jordansshuler

Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Pro

Yoda is by far the best character in the Star Wars Universe. He is the wisest of any Jedi and is also much stronger in the Force than any other Jedi. Not to mention he is extremely skilled in all forms of Lightsaber fighting. These qualities make him by far the best character in the Star Wars Universe and no other character comes close to his awesomeness.
jordansshuler

Con

Thank you for challenging me to this debate. I will admit, Yoda is definitely one of the Top 5 Star Wars characters, but Han Solo is by far the best Star Wars character. Han may not be a Jedi, but his personality definitely makes up for it. I mean, very little from the Star Wars Trilogy beats the moment that he shot Greedo at the Mos Eisley Cantina. That is classic Han Solo/Harrison Ford. And let's think about it. Who puts up with Luke's whining in the movies more? Yoda or Han? Han puts up with it much more than Yoda. In fact, Yoda couldn't even handle his whining. Yes, Yoda has some amazing accomplishments, but none of them would have been possible if Han wouldn't have supplied the Millennium Falcon to Luke and Ben. I look forward to hearing your counter-argument.
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate.
Yoda is much better than Han in many different ways. First off he is a JEDI; Han is not. Not only is Yoda a Jedi, he was a member of the Jedi High Council and, at one point, was the Grand Master of the Jedi. This makes him almost definitely the greatest Jedi of all time. One would also have to look at the plot of the movies. These movies are about the Jedi. The Jedi are the most important characters and Yoda is the greatest of the Jedi, therefore he is the greatest Star Wars character of all time. You also say that Han's personality makes up for him not being a Jedi, but let's think about his personality. He is an arrogant, greedy, impatient smuggler who almost lost his woman to her own brother. You also say that Han put up with Luke's whining but look what Yoda did for Luke. He changed him from a whining boy into a strong Jedi. It is true that Han supplied the Millennium Falcon to Luke and Ben but he wanted to do it for a price. Even if he had not taken them, Ben would have found a new way to get to their destination.
jordansshuler

Con

Yes, I understand that Yoda was a Jedi, but Han is also more prominent in the movies. When I am talking about the movies, I mean the original trilogy. And let's face it, Han is WAY more entertaining the Yoda is. Han has so many accomplishments. Here is a list:

1. Supplied the Millenium Falcon to Luke and Ben.
2. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had Chewbacca. That is worth it right there.
3. He was alive at the end, unlike Yoda.
4. He was very street smart, so he knew how to get out of sticky situations.
5. He was incredibly entertaining.
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Pro

When you say he is more prominent you are only talking about the Original Trilogy. Yoda is in all six movies, making him much more prominent overall, and how can you say Han is more entertaining? If you take into account all three prequels, Yoda is in some of the best duels of the entire series. Yoda vs Count Dooku; Yoda vs Emperor Palpatine. These duels just show how powerful Yoda really is. I would also like to argue your point " If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had Chewbacca." Chewbacca was in the third movie and he fought alongside, guess who, Yoda. Also, you say an accomplishment is he was alive at the end, unlike Yoda. Yoda was 900 years old, accomplishment I am almost positive Han could not top. Yoda also returned at the very end of the sixth episode, as a ghost alongside Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker. Lastly, you say he was very street smart so he could get out of sticky situations. Yoda could get out of sticky situations just as well as Han could. You think Yoda was not street smart? He could get out of a situation much easier than Han Solo could. He could also do it without having the entire Galactic Fleet on his tail. That leaves you with two (somewhat) valid points, "Supplied the Millennium Falcon to Luke and Ben (Obi-Wan)" and "He was incredibly entertaining." Come to think of it, this second one really isn't even a point because you are trying to prove he is entertaining. Overall I think my argument proves Yoda is a much better Star Wars Character than Han Solo and, probably, is the greatest Star Wars character of all time.
jordansshuler

Con

Yes, Yoda was in all six movies, but no true Star Wars fan would really care too much about the first 3. And I did forget about Chewy being in #3, but it was only for a few seconds and nothing really happened. And with Yoda living 900 years, that is NORMAL for his species. I do know that he returned as a ghost with Ben, but he was still dead. Plus, Han is pretty good with a gun too. I do realize that he didn't believe in the Force at the beginning, but he came around to it. It could also be said that he revolutionized the most during the Trilogy. He started out very greedy and scummy, but by the end he was a hero with his priorities straight. I will admit that Yoda is probably the #2 character in Star Wars, but Han Solo is by far #1 in my book.
Posted by BillyTheKids 3 years ago
BillyTheKids
Either Yoda or Obi Wan Kanobi is the best... I like them both, but Han Solo is in Top 5
1.Yoda/Obi Wan
2.Darth Vader
3. Han Solo
4. Anaken (Before evil)
5. Leya
Might be missing some though
Vote Placed by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Napoleon_Dynamite_915jordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB
Vote Placed by Walrus101 3 years ago
Walrus101
Napoleon_Dynamite_915jordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Yoda is better
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Napoleon_Dynamite_915jordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a case for Yoda as a Mary Sue (so wonderful & so sparkly), but not as an actual character. Actual characters are relatable, they struggle and grow. Over exposure only weakens him further, as even less depth is displayed from him when given the the chance. Con not only wins the debate, he went farther than his BoP and proved another character to be far superior (and likely the best... all he needed to do was beat down Yoda).