Gustav_Adolf_II
nicoliecola

You are a sock account.

Gustav_Adolf_II

Gustav_Adolf_II

Pro

Hello, you recently commented on one of my opinion section questions "Do you find gender equality philosophies (i.E. Feminism and the Men's Rights Movement) to be stupid and/or hypocritical?" (http://www.debate.org...). I would like to inform you that the question you answered had a few missing words, which I corrected in the actual question "Do you find gender equality philosophies that focus on only one gender (i.E. Feminism and the Men's Rights Movement) to be stupid and/or hypocritical?" (http://www.debate.org...).

After reading your rather intriguing comment, I checked out your profile. Your profile has been active for a year but its only activities were three opinion comments including the comment on my own. I can only conclude, nicoliecola, that you are a sock account to someone else. You might be a sock account to BrooklynHaze, but I am not sure.

To whosoever sock account this is: Really? Why do you need a sock account to give your opinion on something? The internet is an open forum where everyone's ideas can be expressed, not free from criticism mind you, but you can at least express your ideas and opinions, no matter how hateful they may be. Are you afraid that your friends and family will find out about your beliefs? That would be understandable if you didn't seem to have this sock account for purely hateful purposes. Don't be afraid, let your inner hate out on your real account, or if you don't have a 'real' one make one, and let the internet see who you really are so everyone can see you and criticize your beliefs with logic-based arguments. And, if you are the least bit mailable as you were as a child (probably when all those bad ideas and misconceptions got into your head in the first place), you will be able to accept new beliefs and change and grow as a person. I hope you don't just dismiss me or unleash your army of sock accounts on me, because I only want to help you to grow as a person. And by the way, the only people who use sock account armies are the people that don't want their beliefs challenged or criticized, but you need to let that fear of criticism go, or it will turn you into a bad person.
nicoliecola

Con

I am not a sock... or a shoe or a sandal or even a nail clipper. I have revised my profile pic to indicate my true identity as a superhero dressed as a flying rodent. I don't know who BrooklynHaze is, so i must not be him/her.
Gustav_Adolf_II

Pro

Then why, may I ask, have your account has only had three opinion posts, two poll votes and nothing else (except accepting this debate of course) within a year of existing? Over half of those things happening today?
nicoliecola

Con

I have only been to this site twice -- once long ago and today. I never bothered to fill in my profile. Is there something unethical or suspicious, in your view, about not visiting a website often? Do you believe that users must post continuously or never come back at all? I definitely have no other account on the site.
Gustav_Adolf_II

Pro

There is nothing unethical about remaining inactive for nearly a year, but it definitely is a little suspicious. I met someone on another site about 7 years ago, they attacked my account with 200-odd sock accounts for disagreeing with them on something (I don't remember what), and all the accounts fit the description yours did (started a long time ago, had somewhat aggressive posts, etc.). It got so bad I decided to leave the site, but I always felt kinda bad for the person that felt that they needed all those accounts to get their ideas across. When I saw your post and the state of your account, I thought you were that same kind of person, hence the open letter. I am sorry if I came off as mean or negative, I just really don't like the sock account generals (a new term I just made up) that hate and shout their ideas over a dozen plus accounts, silencing any criticism. And I wanted to stop anyone on this site that might be doing that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
nicoliecola

Con

It's hard for me to imagine that anyone would go to so much effort just to disagree with you. I was merely stating my response to the question you posted. Were you expecting all the answers to be "yes" answers?
Gustav_Adolf_II

Pro

You would be surprised how stupid some people are, they just want to spread their ideas. Even if it means silencing all others, even if their ideas are wrong or misplaced. Some people just have egos like that. As I explained, when I saw your account I was worried someone like that was on this site. I would have sent you a message, but your account wouldn't receive them, so a debate challenge was the only other thing I could think of. No, I did not expect all my answers to be 'yes' answers, actually I like it when people disagree with me. But your post seemed to be (at first glance) a troll/hater comment. At first, I just left a response directing you to the actual question, then, on inquiry I decided to check out your account, which led me to believe that you were a 'sock account general'. This whole experience has been rather embarrassing on my part, I plead your forgiveness. Once again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
nicoliecola

Con

nicoliecola forfeited this round.
Gustav_Adolf_II

Pro

Probably went dormant for another year.
nicoliecola

Con

nicoliecola forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Gustav_Adolf_IInicoliecolaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Gustav_Adolf_IInicoliecolaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Gustav_Adolf_IInicoliecolaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hilarious! I want a sock account now!