Emma.Leah3
logic123

You are granted one super power. What is the power and what do you do with it?

Emma.Leah3
Started: 1/9/2015 Category: Funny

Emma.Leah3

Pro

Additional information:

I have been doing writing prompts but I wanted to do something different for this one. It is simple:

Choose super power, detail how you will use it, including relevant information such as limitations or potential problems.

I have left the prompt broad to entice potential opponents, and to allow wide discretion in coming up with a response.

Rules/Guidelines:

Most important & #1 rule: have fun!

There will be 2 rounds.

Use Round 1 for acceptance or to write the prompt.

If my opponent uses Round 1 to write about their super power, please write I accept, present, or anything in Round 2 to prevent a forfeiture.

BOP is 50/50 since it is a creative exercise

Voting suggestions:

Because this is a non-standard debate, the only advice I will give to voters is to select the person that makes the better case. Other than that, I trust in the will and wisdom of voters to make a decision. But, voters please explain the reason you gave points to Pro or Con.

If something is unclear you can send me a message or put it in the comments section.

logic123

Con

My super power is the Rape power. It is the power to rape people. I will rape only those who rebel against God's will. I can't rape gays, also I can't rape ugly women. There will be no problems, except if it is not God's will.
Emma.Leah3

Pro

LOL. Con definitely created a unique Super Power. I did not expect my opponent to use writing prompt to create a Super Power whose details could be distilled into a couple of lines, but then again, Con did not violate the guidelines and I will let the voters decide. Con provide a succinct Super Power, for sure.

So, I’ve named my super power: Single Screen Computer Manipulation.

[By the way, if anyone knows of comic book character with a Super Power like this please put it in the comments section.]

Details: Single Screen Computer Manipulation (simplified as SSCM hereafter) is the ability to manipulate the information on any computer screen, regardless of distance. The information manipulated will appear as 100% authentic, meaning no one will be able demonstrate it came about through manipulation, hacking, malware or malicious methods. The information you desire appears through the simple act of thought. Someone with SSCM would not have to imagine every small detail but only imagine the basic information you desire to appear.

Reasoning behind Super Power: As someone who has little interest in saving people, battling evildoers, or making the world a better and safer place, I created a Super Power that would appeal to people that want a Super Power to make life more convenient but does not require sacrifice, fighting villains with comparable powers, or altering your life in any significant way.

Uses: Personally, SSCM strikes me as the best Super Power for people who don’t want to be Super Heroes. Most, if not all, of my uses for it derive from making my life slightly easier. Let me give you some concrete examples of how I would use this Super Power. Most people will find these situations relatable.

Concrete Examples of uses:

Insurance Companies: Have you never had problems with your insurance provider? Had to talk to women named “Abbey” with thick unidentifiable accents or men named “Adam” with identifiable Indian accents? If so, here is why my Super Power is for you. Instead of spending hours debating your coverage, or benefits, or payment information, SSCM would simplify the process by making all the information you want to appear on their screen permanently or for a specific amount of time. Have you heard it takes such and such time for our system to update, voilà: there it is. I cannot tell you how much time this would have saved me in the past.

Other Health Related Uses: Have you ever been told your insurance will not cover a specific medical professional or your insurance will only cover part of a medication? Again, SSCM will fix those problems. You will be able to get into a doctor at any time, have access to whatever medication you desire, as long as that information appears on a computer screen. Aside from revenge killing, this solution is the next best thing to overcoming all the frustrating medical problems that occur in life.

Downsides: While the information on the screen would appear, as you desire, just by thought, the person at the other end could still lie about what they see. Therefore, if you changed the information on your account, so that you paid the lowest price for the most expansive coverage, “Adam” or “Abbey” could disregard it. Since most business with call-centers staffed by people with little ability to change anything or provide useful information they might just lie.

University bureaucracy: Have you ever received an email from your university saying you failed to submit some form, cannot register for classes, have a hold on your record, or cannot do something without first going to some building you have never heard of? Well, this is why you would want SSCM. With it you could talk to anyone at the university looking at a computer screen and manipulate the relevant information, including showing you graduate from the institution, paid a bill, or show everything is working and up-to-date on your account.

Downside: Many bureaucracy may rely heavily or exclusively on the paper work. They might decide to consult the paperwork for obvious reason or because they have it on hand. SSCM not be able to manipulate or change paper work or explain the discrepancy between the two.

Banks | Credit Cards| Other Payment Systems: This kind of manipulation would be the first and most used aspect of SSCM. The benefit is obvious and immediate and requires little explanation. Personally, the safest bet would use prepaid cards that are hard to trace and identity too. [See Downside for reasoning]

Downside: As I’ve already covered in other entries, the information manipulated on the screen does not mean the person at the other end with obey the computer. Moreover, just because the information is 100% authentic can never be shown to be fake or fraudulent does not necessarily mean institutions, both public and private, will not look into or pursue you for crimes or for suspicious activity.

Well, while I was going to work harder on this prompt, I do not feel like I did too given the effort of my opponent. Anyway, thanks for the debate.

Vote Placed by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
Emma.Leah3logic123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Remind me not to enter into a debate with "logic123"
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Emma.Leah3logic123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro qualified her superpower far more than Con did. Why would I want the power to rape people? Pro gives me reasons for her superpower.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Emma.Leah3logic123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con trolled, so conduct to Pro. Com's alleged super power was not a super power, so arguments to Pro.