lfe6424
Klashbash

You are not legal bound to your unborn fetus.

lfe6424

Pro

Hello... this is my first debate. Here it goes.

I affirm the argument that you are not LEGALLY bound to your unborn fetus; not that you are morally obligated to give birth, morals is not the argument here.

Laws should never affect the right to your body and any decisions that may concern it. You have a responsibility to your heath and well being before anyone or anything else. Laws cannot infringe upon your right to your body. Giving up your time and bodily resources is your decision.

Some people may argue that you are required morally to give life to the child, but that is there individual values. Everyone will see a fetus' rights differently and some believe they do not have any at all. That is each person's own opinion. Morals do not have a place in law. Yeah...
Klashbash

Con

Are you usually this uninformed? This is not an insult. It's an observation.

"I affirm the argument that you are not LEGALLY bound to your unborn fetus; not that you are morally obligated to give birth, morals is not the argument here."

According to most state laws you are indeed legally bound to your unborn fetus by the third trimester.

"Laws should never affect the right to your body and any decisions that may concern it."

I thought you weren't arguing morality? It amuses me greatly on how quickly you're able to contradict yourself. When you're dealing with an unborn fetus it is another entity. You are responsible for the voluntary decisions you make in life. You have no right to infringe on the rights of others whether it is inside your womb or on the outside. Your argument isn't in pursuit of justice but is instead geared toward convenience. What significant difference is there between an unborn fetus about to be born in seconds and a baby that was just born?

"You have a responsibility to your heath and well being before anyone or anything else."

You're right. How silly of me to think otherwise. I should purchase some slaves for my own well being. You wouldn't mind right? After all, I have a responsibility to my health and well being before anyone or anything else.

"Laws cannot infringe upon your right to your body."

Yes, they can. A government can simply make such a law and enforce it. I think you might want to seriously consider brushing up on definitions before agreeing to another debate.

"Giving up your time and bodily resources is your decision."

That's an empty statement. By the definition of free will, you're able to do whatever you please. But on the other hand, there are consequences for everything you do.

"Some people may argue that you are required morally to give life to the child, but that is there individual values."

Now you're a regular comedian. You got me to laugh anyway. You do realize that every opinion is an individual's values right? No, of course you didn't. You're too fond of making incredibly empty statements.

"Everyone will see a fetus' rights differently and some believe they do not have any at all."

That's fascinating. I wonder when you're going to say something with a point. Then, I would be truly impressed!

"That is each person's own opinion."

My opinion is that my rights triumph over everyone else's, and therefore I should kill whomever I see fit. There's no problem because it's my opinion. Am I right or am I right?

"Morals do not have a place in law."

Morals in laws is a bogus concept man! Down with the oppressive establishment! Don't mind the man who breaks into your house and steals all your stuff. Morals shouldn't be in laws. Laws should just be whatever for the fun of it.

"Yeah..."

I think this perfectly sums up that you don't have the slightest clue about what's going on.
lfe6424

Pro

Thanks for debating me and I'm really sorry i can't finish. Sorry for wasting your time and stuff.
Klashbash

Con

That's perfectly fine. Good luck to whatever you're doing.
lfe6424

Pro

lfe6424 forfeited this round.
Klashbash

Con

Klashbash forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
lfe6424KlashbashTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.