thangbe
DarkKnightretruns

You can have romantic relationship with more than one person at the a time.

thangbe

Pro

We are touched that true love is between two people. If there is the third one, that means there is a person who is cheating and lying. But I'm not agree with that idea.
If you have ever been a mom or dad, you will understand that, even you love the first one with all your heart, when you have the second one, you still can give all that love to his/her. You can love your two children at the same time with all the care and responsible, then why you can't you do the same in a romantic relationship with more than one person?
DarkKnightretruns

Con

Love means that you give full compassion with all your heart. Love must be 100%, not 50%. Cheating is supposed to mean that the love you gave was half or not at all. In all cases of love, there must be a favorite.

When two wives argue about who the husband is (the wives have the same husband), it is really about "who is my Romeo? Who's Juliet am I?"

In Romeo and Juliet, love should be that you would not live happily without that person in your life (probably not to the extent of suicide).
thangbe

Pro

thangbe forfeited this round.
DarkKnightretruns

Con

DarkKnightretruns forfeited this round.
thangbe

Pro

First, you said "Love means that you give full compassion with all your heart. Love must be 100%, not 50%". But do we have any tools to calculate compassion to figure out that it's 50% or 100%. It will be a assumption if we think that the more person we love, the less love for each person we give. I think that most of us can tell our mom, dad, sisters, brothers, friends, lovers... that we love them with all our hearts and really mean it. Of course, our hearts is not a room that only one person can enter. We can love and take care of more than one person at a time.

Second, our emotions come naturally. We can control our mind, not our heart. If you set a romantic relationship with someone just because your mind tell you that you should do so, "it's for your/her/his good" when you don't have any feeling for her/him, then it's not love. The opposite, you can't control your heart to not fall in love with someone if really have feeling for them. And it's is possible to really have the love emotions with more than one person at the same time. In fact, studies have showed that almost everyone admits to having fantasies that involve someone other than a spouse (see, Hicks and Leitenberg).

Third, what cheating really is? It is telling, lying to one person that you are in love with him/her when you are not. When you love two person and tell them the truth about it and they accept that, it can not be called "cheating". I know most of the case, they will feel sad and hurt and want to put an end to the relationship. But my idea is not "You SHOULD have romantic relationship with more than one person at the same time." I'm not cheering people to go out and play around with girls or boys. I'm only arguing that "You CAN...". That means loving two persons at a time is possible to happen. And as I said before in the second paragraph, it's is possible for one person to have love emotion with more than one person at a time.

So if you are really in love with two person and they are ok with that, then why not? In fact, polyandry or polygamy was much more common than we thought. Some place in India, China, Mongolia, it is accepted by the social law. Studies only show that in polyandry social, the many fathers take care of a child, the more strong and healthy the child will be.
DarkKnightretruns

Con

DarkKnightretruns forfeited this round.