NoSafeSpaces
Mike_10-4

You can neither prove theism or atheism

NoSafeSpaces has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

NoSafeSpaces

Pro

This debate is for any atheist or theist who wants to debate the topic. I am taking the agnostic/skeptic point of view. I will cede the first round to allow my opponent to establish their argument.
Mike_10-4

Con

Thank you Pro for bringing this debate to the floor and may we have a mutual learning experience.

I will take the “theism” position where my God is similar to Gaia and the existence of my God will develop during the debate.
Posted by Mike_10-4 12 months ago
Mike_10-4
Too bad Pro "Forfeited." It seems every time someone forfeits the debate session jams. The Debate.org site is poorly maintained, if maintained at all.
Posted by canis 12 months ago
canis
You can not prove "the invisible green monster,/god"" in front of you... I can not prove that there is no green monster right in front of you... And I do not have to.. Not before you show it to me...
Posted by hldemi 12 months ago
hldemi
This is why we need DEFINITIONS in first round. If OP made a case that He is talking about strong atheism where a person believes that no Gods exist then its a positive assertion and assumes burden of proof.
Posted by DrCereal 1 year ago
DrCereal
There's nothing to prove in Atheism.

The topic is illegitimate in that respect.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
true but theism could be if a god actually gave real evidence
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
Atheism is not something to be proven, it is the position on if a god or gods exist based on belief. Saying that atheism can't or can be proven is poisoning the well.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
safe spaces is this debate about whether it can be proven right now or at some point in the future?
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Hidemi I believe that is a false dichotomy, there are things like deists who i wouldnt classify as either, and what about scientologists or those who believe aliens created us, or polygamous people.

Theism- belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world. (google)
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
You are either theist or atheist. There is no other option. You being agnostic has nothing to do with this. You are confusing belief with epistemology.