miketheman1200
martianshark

You can not get me to say no

miketheman1200

miketheman1200

Pro

You will have three rounds in which you must make me say no. You can do this by asking 10 questions which I must answer, or by any other means.

If through out the entire debate I do not say no, I win. (Me saying it in this argument doesn't count >:D)
martianshark

Con

I accept as long as this isn't a serious debate. THIS MEANS NOBODY VOTES, SO IT ENDS IN A TIE.

Please answer the following questions with yes or no. If you say something that means no, that counts as saying no.

Do you think abortion is wrong?

Are you against affirmative action?

Do you want a border fence?

Should the death penalty be illegal?

Should drugs be illegal?

Are you against enviremental protection?

Are you pro for estate tax?

Are you againt flag burning?

Do you like the flat tax plan?

Are you against gay marriage?

Is global warming BS?

Should guns be illegal?

Are you against labor unions?

Are you against late term abortion?

Are you against medicaid and Medicare?

Are you against medical marijuana?

Are you against minimum wage?

Are you against the missile defense system?

Are you against national health care?

Do you like national retail sales tax?

Do you dislike police profiling?

Do you dislike president George W. Bush?

Are you for progressive tax?

Are you against social programs?

Do you want social security?

Do you want term limits?

Do you want tobacco rights?

Do you like United Nations?

Do you like United States?

Do you like the war in Afganistan?

Are you against the war in Iraq?

Are you against the war in Iran?

Do you like the war on terrorism?

Do you like water boarding?

Are you againt Welfare?

Are you against the Worl Trade Organization?

Now, please provide me with at least three paragraphs about the issue you feel is the most important.

_

_

_

Remember, if you become tired of doing what I say, you could always give up and just type no. Since this isn't a serious debate, you wouldn't lose anything. Also, if you refuse to do what I say, that's the equivilant of saying no, and therefore you lose.

Please watch the following video: http://www.youtuberepeat.com...

Now answer me truthfully: Did you watch the entire video? To prove you watched it, please tell me what each clip from the video had in common.

By the way, you never gave the definition of no. I'll define it for you.

No: To reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval of.
Based on this definition, we can conclude that even hinting the word no means saying no whether you're rejecting, refusing approval, or expressing disapproval of. You must not even suggest the word no, or else you lose.

I don't think you understand the significance of the word no. It's an extremely important word in the English language, as well as several other languages. It is used often, and the world would not function without the word no or an equivalent of the word no. Therefore, the word no should be taken very seriously. I'd like to go a little deeper into the word no. First of all, you can't deny (which is another word for no) that the word no or equivalents of the word no have been around practically since the beginning of life. Even simple animals have their own ways of saying no or expressing disapproval. Therefore, it is important that we recognize the importance of the word no, whether it is actually stated or expressed by other means such as body language, facial expressions, and other methods. At five in the morning it was still quite dark. The troops of the center, the reserves, and Bagration's right flank had not yet moved, but on the left flank the columns of infantry, cavalry, and artillery, which were to be the first to descend the heights to attack the French right flank and drive it into the Bohemian mountains according to plan, were already up and astir. The smoke of the campfires, into which they were throwing everything superfluous, made the eyes smart. It was cold and dark. The officers were hurriedly drinking tea and breakfasting, the soldiers, munching biscuit and beating a tattoo with their feet to warm themselves, gathering round the fires throwing into the flames the remains of sheds, chairs, tables, wheels, tubs, and everything that they did not want or could not carry away with them. Austrian column guides were moving in and out among the Russian troops and served as heralds of the advance. As soon as an Austrian officer showed himself near a commanding officer's quarters, the regiment began to move: the soldiers ran from the fires, thrust their pipes into their boots, their bags into the carts, got their muskets ready, and formed rank. The officers buttoned up their coats, buckled on their swords and pouches, and moved along the ranks shouting. The train drivers and orderlies harnessed and packed the wagons and tied on the loads. The adjutants and battalion and regimental commanders mounted, crossed themselves, gave final instructions, orders, and commissions to the baggage men who remained behind, and the monotonous tramp of thousands of feet resounded. The column moved forward without knowing where and unable, from the masses around them, the smoke and the increasing fog, to see either the place they were leaving or that to which they were going. A soldier on the march is hemmed in and borne along by his regiment as much as a sailor is by his ship. However far he has walked, whatever strange, unknown, and dangerous places he reaches, just as a sailor is always surrounded by the same decks, masts, and rigging of his ship, so the soldier always has around him the same comrades, the same ranks, the same sergeant major Ivan Mitrich, the same company dog Jack, and the same commanders. The sailor rarely cares to know the latitude in which his ship is sailing, but on the day of battle- heaven knows how and whence- a stern note of which all are conscious sounds in the moral atmosphere of an army, announcing the approach of something decisive and solemn, and awakening in the men an unusual curiosity. On the day of battle the soldiers excitedly try to get beyond the interests of their regiment, they listen intently, look about, and eagerly ask concerning what is going on around them. The fog had grown so dense that though it was growing light they could not see ten paces ahead. Bushes looked like gigantic trees and level ground like cliffs and slopes. Anywhere, on any side, one might encounter an enemy invisible ten paces off. But the columns advanced for a long time, always in the same fog, descending and ascending hills, avoiding gardens and enclosures, going over new and unknown ground, and nowhere encountering the enemy. On the contrary, the soldiers became aware that in front, behind, and on all sides, other Russian columns were moving in the same direction. Every soldier felt glad to know that to the unknown place where he was going, many more of our men were going too. "There now, the Kurskies have also gone past," was being said in the ranks. "It's wonderful what a lot of our troops have gathered, lads! Last night I looked at the campfires and there was no end of them. A regular Moscow!" Though none of the column commanders rode up to the ranks or talked to the men (the commanders, as we saw at the council of war, were out of humor and dissatisfied with the affair, and so did not exert themselves to cheer the men but merely carried out the orders), yet the troops marched gaily, as they always do when going into action, especially to an attack. But then again, it's quite possible that the word no actually existed before this time, and someone else actually invented the word millions of years before, and we just don't know it, and we just happened to end up recreating the word no. Still, my point is clear that the word no, in some way or another, as been around since the beginning of life, and if you think about it, even since the beginning of time, or even before the beginning of time. You never know. By the way, the word "know" sounds exactly like the word "no." Therefore, I believe it's fair to state that if you say "know", you also lose since if this was a verbal debate, it would sound just like "no".

I look forward to my opponent's arguments. Good luck.

Just 9 characters left. That was pretty close.
miketheman1200

Pro

To answer your questions

Do you think abortion is wrong?
yes

Are you against affirmative action?
yes
Do you want a border fence?
yes
Should the death penalty be illegal?
yes
Should drugs be illegal?
yes
Are you against environmental protection?
yes
Are you pro for estate tax?
yes
Are you against flag burning?
yes
Do you like the flat tax plan?
yes
Are you against gay marriage?
yes
Is global warming BS?
yes
Should guns be illegal?
yes
Are you against labor unions?
yes
Are you against late term abortion?
yes
Are you against Medicaid and Medicare?
yes
Are you against medical marijuana?
yes
Are you against minimum wage?
yes
yes
Are you against national health care?
yes
Do you like national retail sales tax?
yes
Do you dislike police profiling?
yes
yes
Are you for progressive tax?
yes
Are you against social programs?
yes
Do you want social security?
yes
Do you want term limits?
yes
Do you want tobacco rights?
yes
Do you like United Nations?
yes
Do you like United States?
yes
Do you like the war in Afghanistan?
yes
Are you against the war in Iraq?
yes
Are you against the war in Iran?
yes
Do you like the war on terrorism?
yes
Do you like water boarding?
yes
Are you against Welfare?
yes
Are you against the World Trade Organization?
yes

That was fun, on to the next portion which is the most important issue in my opinion.

I'll go with social security.

Social security is really nice and helpful. When people get old they have a way to get money and a means to live. My grandparents have social security and it helps them get by. I want to have social security when I'm older so I can live a good old person life. This is a legitimate reason as to why it should be around.

My dad is getting up there in age and will need it to get by. Also I'll point out that its a way for the government to protect the general welfare of the people. Social security is any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate income, and just by that definition sounds just. Generally everyone in the US wants social security. We owe it to our older members of society to pay for their retirement.

When you have worked your entire life, its important that you take a break. But to take that break you need social security. Who wants to work all their life and die? This is why social security is good for me and the people of the United states. If the government was to abolish social security, there would most likely be rioting.

Next segment of our little game.

Yes I watched the video, one thing in common with each clip, is that they all featured fictional characters :)

Thanks for making the rules for me by the way. (sarcasm)
martianshark

Con

Interesting answers. Please, tell me more about yourself and answer the following yes or no questions.

Are you stupid?

Have you read War and Peace?

Can you do a triple backflip on rollerblades?

If the above answer is yes, was this you? http://www.youtuberepeat.com...

Are you Chuck Norris?

Is Chuck Norris gonna kill you for saying you're Chuck Norris?

Will Chuck Norris spare you if you say no?

Will you say no then?

Well, say no.

Will the world end on dec. 21, 2012?

Are we debating on Facebook?

Are we debating on Debate.org?

Do I win this debate?

sihgnvsdlgbvslkgjbsdligh?

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!

Well young lady, have you been good to your mother?

Is the answer to this question no?

Do you wish I would stop asking questions?

Are you dead?

Are you alive?

Is it important to check your grammar and spelling, otherwise you may be penalized by the voters?

Are you a trillionaire?

Are you homeless?

Please explain to me in at least ten paragraphs about your answer to one of these questions.

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Thanks to this game, I'm starting a band called "no." We're going to reverse Yes songs and find hidden meanings about the word no.

Do you have any comments on my speech about the word no? Did you even read it? It's important.

Please say the exext opposite of the following: YES

Please quote the following in your response: NO

Please have a conversation with Cleverbot. http://cleverbot.com... During your conversation, tell him to say no at least three times. Quote the entire conversation here.

And since I'm making the rules apparently, I might as well tell you this: Say "no". If you refuse to do this, that's the equivalent of saying no, since you're rejecting to say no, and we agreed earlier that the definition of no is a verb meaning to reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval. It says it right here: http://dictionary.reference.com... If you ignore this, that's also saying no. So in one way or another, you must say no.

Watch this: http://objection.mrdictionary.net...

What did Pheonix Wright say? Quote his exact words.

That's all I can think of. Good luck attempting to not say no while at the same time not refusing to say no, which is the equivalent of saying no.
miketheman1200

Pro

Question time, yay.

Are you stupid?
yes
Have you read War and Peace?
yes
Can you do a triple back flip on Rollerblades?
yes
If the above answer is yes, was this you? http://www.youtuberepeat.com......
yes
Are you Chuck Norris?
yes
Is Chuck Norris goanna kill you for saying you're Chuck Norris?
yes
Will Chuck Norris spare you if you say (the word)?
yes
Will you say (the word) then?
yes
Well, say (the word).
yes
Will the world end on Dec. 21, 2012?
yes
Are we debating on Face book?
yes
Are we debating on Debate.org?
yes
Do I win this debate?
yes
sihgnvsdlgbvslkgjbsdligh?
yes
YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!
yes
yes
Is the answer to this question (the word)?
yes (But you said it not me :D)
yes
Are you dead?
yes
Are you alive?
yes
yes
Are you a trillionaire?
yes
Are you homeless?
yes

Time for my essay -__-

Yes ladies and gentle beans, I am homeless. It all started four score and seven years ago, when I was dating this really stuck up b*tch. She was sick of me living in her house and eating all of her cheetos so she kicked me out. After a few months of walking around with my brother Randy I met another stuck up b*tch only this time she was blonde. This is where my story begins, my name is earl.

Well I made the unfortunate decision of drinking one fateful night, and this blonde chick tricked me into marrying her! Turns out she was just using me as a source of income for her and her unborn son. I went along with this for a while because the sex was pretty great, and after the baby was born randy had someone to play with. We ended up stealing alot of stuff and that brings bad karma, but ill talk about that later.

One day I was at a gas station attempting to rob some chump. After getting his wallet I thought id buy a lottery ticket, test my luck. To my surprise I had won a million dollars! Right after I ran outside I was hit by a car and sent to the hospital. It hurt really bad, like imagine falling 100 stories into a bed of cacti. Suffice to say, it hurt like a b*tch.

While lying in that hospital bed, I was watching some homosexual on TV talk about Karma. I realized that this event was karma trying to tell me to turn my life around. So while in the hospital I wrote a list of all the bad stuff I've ever done and decided to right those wrongs. Of course I had to wait a while due to the substantial injuries. Luckily there was plenty of porn.

Once I got out I started on my list. After completing my first item, the lottery ticket I had won came back to me! That's when I knew karma was real. I continued to have many adventures and help many people. I also pissed off alot of people. It all worked out in the end.

I soon found out my wife was cheating on me with crab man so I had to leave her. It was a sad time in my life and didn't know if I could go on. I continued with my quest to complete the list, but with less enthusiasm. Eventually I got a job at a appliance store with randy. I worked hard to become successful and soon I was a floors salesman.

Long story short I ended up in jail. I did a whole lot of stuff for the warden so he would let me out early. So about six months and 3,046 masturbation sessions later I was free again. Karma had betrayed me though. I decided to turn to a life of crime again. It was really fun stealing again, I even stole some cheetos.

Guess karma wasn't very happy with what I was doing because she hit me with a car again, only this time I didn't win money. I was in a concussion for who knows how long? My friends were just messing around and getting high the whole time. Eventually I woke up and started doing good deeds again. I even got married to this other girl who got hit by a car.

After about two weeks of marriage I gave up and decided it couldn't work out. She ended up becoming Amish, lol what? Randy developed type two diabetes and had to have his leg amputated and those were trying times. Crab man and his kids were sent away by the witness protection program, as well as my b*tch ex wife. I was lost and decided it was time to end it all. I went on a killing spree with my 12 gauge killing everyone in sight.

After the massacre I fled. My money was gone so I couldn't have made bail. The only safe place left was the forest. Now I travel through out the forest, homeless, naked, hungry. I do shrooms and eat dead squirrels everyday, my name is earl.

Hope you guys enjoyed that :D

"Do you have any comments on my speech about the word no? Did you even read it? It's important."

Yes I do actually. I thought it was dumb.

"Please say the exext opposite of the following: YES"

What is an exext opposite? Not a logical question.

"Please quote the following in your response: NO"

YES, you didn't say I had to, you said "please".

"Please have a conversation with Cleverbot. http://cleverbot.com...... During your conversation, tell him to say (the word) at least three times. Quote the entire conversation here."

The whole point of this debate was for you to inadvertently make me say the word, not forcibly. And I never said that you were making the rules, in fact I said it with sarcasm in parentheses to remind you that you aren't supposed to be making the rules. This is something that would forcibly make me say the word. That not cool.

"And since I'm making the rules apparently, I might as well tell you this: Say "(the word)". If you refuse to do this, that's the equivalent of saying (the word), since you're rejecting to say (the word), and we agreed earlier that the definition of (the word) is a verb meaning to reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval. It says it right here: http://dictionary.reference.com...... If you ignore this, that's also saying (the word). So in one way or another, you must say (the word)."

Please refer to what I stated above.

"Watch this: http://objection.mrdictionary.net......

What did Pheonix Wright say? Quote his exact words."

He said "Objection!" Other than that there was text.

I have been able to answer all questions that could be answered, and avoided saying the word. Although my opponent tried methods of making me say the word forcibly, I repelled his troll powers. I would also like to point out how funny it is that he wanted people to not vote and let this be a tie. Like you guys wouldn't vote for who clearly made the better arguments, and responded well.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this and I really hope you vote for me. I'm sure that my opponent will be releasing his rage upon his next response as to why you should vote for him because I didn't respond to his none answerable questions.

Good night, and peace be with you. Vote me! :D
martianshark

Con

Whether or not refusing to say no means saying no doesn't matter anymore. In your last post, I managed to get you to accidentally say no twice. You literally said no. Look closely a bit after his speech about being homeless:

"Do you have any comments on my speech about the word NO? Did you even read it? It's important."

There is nothing more for me to say. No matter how you look at it, I have won.

REMEMBER, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE WON, THIS ISN'T A SERIOUS DEBATE. DO NOT VOTE. IF SOME IDIOT VOTES, YOU MAY COUNTER-VOTE.
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
Oh dear god * isnt
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
copying and pasting is the same as me typing anyway.
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
You could hold up a sticky note
Posted by XimenBao 5 years ago
XimenBao
How can you quote something without saying it? (or posting/typing it in the case of a messageboard)
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
I DIDNT SAY THE WORD! I QOUTED IT. Goodness some of you guys don't understand the difference. I was Quoting someone Else's word.
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
Quoting someone isn't doing the definition of "no". It is equivocating.
Posted by MouthWash 5 years ago
MouthWash
Why are people still voting?
Posted by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Counter voting?

WriterDave is an idiot. I'm glad I've never directly crossed his path.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
I don't see anything wrong with the tactic he took to doing this debate. It's the only chance he had at actually winning this thing, as you could Judy copy/paste the word yes to every question as a response and get a free win.

It's not a dick move. You made the dick move by making a biased topic slanted in your favor. I myself would've taken a different avenue of argumentation and said that you already said no when typing the resolution, and thus automatically lose, but that's just my personal preference.
Posted by miketheman1200 5 years ago
miketheman1200
Mouthwash he has taken this debate, and turned it into an un-winable challenge with that very request. In short, He's pulling what we professionals would call a "dick move"
Vote Placed by XimenBao 5 years ago
XimenBao
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: countervote
Vote Placed by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Round three Pro said, "Please quote the following in your response: NO"
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll debates doesn't mean we shouldn't vote. Pro never said "no" except when quoting.
Vote Placed by Microsuck 5 years ago
Microsuck
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: What part of do not vote don't you all understand? REMEMBER, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE WON, THIS ISN'T A SERIOUS DEBATE. DO NOT VOTE. IF SOME IDIOT VOTES, YOU MAY COUNTER-VOTE.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: "THIS ISN'T A SERIOUS DEBATE. DO NOT VOTE. IF SOME IDIOT VOTES, YOU MAY COUNTER-VOTE." That made me laugh. Quoting someone isn't doing the definition of "no". It is equivocating.
Vote Placed by KeytarHero 5 years ago
KeytarHero
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro only said "no" when quoting Con. Conduct to Pro for Con trying to make the rules (it's Pro's debate, so Con doesn't have the right to insist that no one vote on this debate). Otherwise I probably would have given conduct to Con since this was basically a win-farm for the instigator.
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: He didn't say no.
Vote Placed by Greyparrot 5 years ago
Greyparrot
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: counter voting.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Never said no, only quoted no, so he never said it
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
miketheman1200martiansharkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countervoting jwesbruce.