gryephon
animeboy

You cannot be gay and be a christian

gryephon

Pro

I will be arguing that "You cannot be gay and be a christian"

Rule 1: Tag Arguments.
Rule 2: Don't ruin the debate with trolling! Humor is okay, just don't debate this with the sole purpose to troll.
Rule 3: No Argument galloping.
Rule 4: Con will start, Pro will close. My opponent will start the arguments in the first round, the the last round Con will put "No Arguments as agreed"
animeboy

Con

Here is how it works. Someone who is Christian can be gay.

Gay "a homosexual, especially a man."
Homosexual "a person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex."
Christian "a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings."

Anyone can become Christian. Nobody can stop being homosexual. People can be sexually attracted to their own sex, but they may still become Christian because everyone is invited to come to Christ.

What if you could not become Christian because you are what you are? It would not be fair.

Google.com
gryephon

Pro

haha, that's not being gay. With that definition probably every guy on the planet is gay, at least at some point in time. Being gay is far more then being mere homosexual, Gay is a culture. They even have their own rainbow flag to identify them as a culture. Sure, this culture is run entirely by homosexuals, but it's certainly beyond homosexuality .

Look,this male vessel that I inhabit (my flesh, my body, or whatever you want to call it) can get sexually turned on with other men, especially hot ones. I've never had sex with another man, but that doesn't mean I've never had fantasies of such. Will I ever partake in such iniquities? I hope not. Because to me, being gay is extremely selfish.

By your definition of homosexuality, yes I'm technically a homosexual to some degree. But I'm not Gay. To me gay is a culture, and homosexuality (as far as fantasies) is a norm in the young male sex drive.
animeboy

Con

animeboy forfeited this round.
gryephon

Pro

opponent has forfeited.
animeboy

Con

animeboy forfeited this round.
gryephon

Pro

opponent has forfeited again.
animeboy

Con

animeboy forfeited this round.
gryephon

Pro

opponent has forfeited again.

Looks like i win.
animeboy

Con

animeboy forfeited this round.
Posted by Chrysalism 1 year ago
Chrysalism
Also I am for Con on this debate.
Posted by Chrysalism 1 year ago
Chrysalism
I would like to point TheKryken and others to this source. It is an interesting read and the opposing side is on the site as well. This particular link is a person of faith giving their take on why being gay is not a sin. https://www.gaychristian.net...
Posted by TheKryken 1 year ago
TheKryken
Remember, to say that a homosexual can be a Christian does not make homosexuality right or wrong. Every Christian still sins in some way --- even the apostle Paul admits in Romans 7:19-21 that he continues to sin, though he does not want to.

If a homosexual turns to Christ, that does not mean they will suddenly lose his/her attraction to the same gender. God does not instantly stop us from all sinning the moment we convert.