IdrisTheBeast562
Elijahhill97

You cannot disprove God but you can disprove Science

Elijahhill97

IdrisTheBeast562

Pro

Science time and time again tries to disprove God, and tells us that God is not real. But why is he not real? Science cannot possibly explain why we got here and why everything is the way it is. Science tells us the Big Bang Theory. We started out as a "dot" or particle and everything exploded and made the trees, animals, plants, we see today. How could anyone believe that? I can disprove it not using the bible but with science itself. How did my house get here? Did something explode and make it get there? Since when were you able to get something out of nothing? Science also tells us that we evolved from apes. This is just complete ignorance. Now whoever is reading this might say I'm making accusations without evidence. I will be waiting for my future opponent to accept this challenge.

First Round: Acceptance
Second Round: Your opening arguement
Third Round: Rebuttals
Elijahhill97

Con

I accept and hope you clear up many of your misinformed information.
IdrisTheBeast562

Pro

IdrisTheBeast562 forfeited this round.
Elijahhill97

Con

Since my opponent forfeited this round I will touch on two subjects he mentioned.

The Big Bang Theory does not say we exploded it states how it was an expansion of space, and not an expansion in space an expansion OF space itself. For more info look at my debate on the Big Bang Theory(http://www.debate.org...)

Science does not say humans evolved from apes.
"humans didn't descend from apes. That's not to say humans and apes aren't related, but the relationship can't be traced backward along a direct line of descent, one form morphing into another. It must be traced along two independent lines, far back into time until the two lines merge(http://science.howstuffworks.com...)."

So if my opponent has any other arguments which he would like to offer that would be very appreciated. also If we are using the simple definition that everyone knows of disprove- prove that (something) is false. Then how do you prove if something is false or not?
prove
1. demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument. What hard or physical evidence do you have of God existing besides a book or experiences that also cannot be backed by hard physical facts.

I am not saying I can disprove God, but to disprove science you have to use science. Also you cannot disprove all of science you may disprove parts of science, but not the whole of science itself. Science is also backed with hard psychical proof that we can see, touch, smell, and feel. To believe in God you must rely on faith, which is not a bad thing by any means, but faith is not hard proof. Thank you.
IdrisTheBeast562

Pro

IdrisTheBeast562 forfeited this round.
Elijahhill97

Con

Everyone I seem to debate forfeits which is really quite disappointing! thanks to whoever took the time to read and vote thank you.
Posted by USPharaoh 3 years ago
USPharaoh
First off, how can science prove that the Big Bang theory is true.....last I checked it was still just a theory...among many other theories that have been created. If one can equate the creation of the universe to a scientific theory and there must be dozens of theories out there on it, then why not call each theory a god and put your faith in whichever science-god your field of expertise make you most comfortable?

Unfortunately, science does very poorly when going up against supernatural, magical or faith based systems. Gotta have dem cold hard facts first.... then pin your faith to a theory ( at least until the next theory comes along). On the flip-side magical (and such) processes really has no place in science....seems silly to pit them against each other....rather a pointless exercise in "My God is better than your Theory" sort of thing when it gets boiled down.
Posted by Sir_ButterFinger_III 3 years ago
Sir_ButterFinger_III
science can prove that the big bang theory is true since if you look into space you can see carbon and other elements being forged from super novas imploding so take that religion how does your "god" have to say to that
Posted by Conservative101 3 years ago
Conservative101
I'm in a debate similar to this, if you want to check it out.

--> http://www.debate.org...
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Disproving science IS science.
Posted by RaalTheWyvern 3 years ago
RaalTheWyvern
Oh, darn. Was just about to accept.
Posted by TheRussian 3 years ago
TheRussian
As far as I understand, you are arguing evolution/Big bang theory versus creationism?
Posted by TheRussian 3 years ago
TheRussian
But you cannot prove God while you can prove science.
Vote Placed by DeeAnn 3 years ago
DeeAnn
IdrisTheBeast562Elijahhill97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit, but I was unconvinced by both sides.