DrySponge
psyduck

You cannot have a morality with out a creator or creators.

psyduck

DrySponge

Pro

My opponent can use all of his rounds.
BOP is shared.
I have to prove that morality isn't possible without a creator.
My opponent has to prove that morality can exist with out creators.
I thank my opponent for accepting this debatte.
psyduck

Con

Hi.
I'll just use this round to briefly state my stance.
Morality comes from the brain. As such, there are logical reasons we view things as morally right and wrong. There is no need for any creator to give us morality if we have a brain that can learn and empathize.

Cheers
DrySponge

Pro

well know that you have presented your stance prove it.with links and arguments etc...
Hope that you are enjoying our debate.also this sin't my first language.
psyduck

Con

The brain is how we think, how we process information. Everything you know is a construct of your mind. This includes morality. You know the term "morality" because you learned it at one point. What is moral and not is learned through life experiences. The human brain develops empathy as we grow up. It's capacity to learn empathy is a societal necessity. Without it, we as a species would be less successful in propagating, which is what all life is hard-wired to do. From empathy, one can see from another's perspective and realize that other people's lives have a significance comparative with his/her own. Morality is the result of taking other people's perspective and valuing them/AKA not being a selfish jerk. This feeling of empathy allows us to know that murder, theft (under most circumstances), exploitation, rape, etc. are wrong.
All of this I believe is either common knowledge or the result of clear logic. Hence, no sources.
DrySponge

Pro

Does a stone exist for the blind ?
Yes it does I rest my case.
If you didn't understand my argument post it into the comments and I shall explain it there.
psyduck

Con

If you rest your case, then I'm happy to as well. Just type "rest" for the remaining rounds and I will as well.
DrySponge

Pro

Rest for the round
DrySponge

Pro

A gold smith crafts an amullet with the purpose of seducing the neighbours daughter what he doesn't know it's that the gold the amullet is crafted from is cursed and it ends kills the young lady the same moment it touches her hand.
Did the amullet work right or wrong ? Did the amullet behave as it was supposed to ?

No and No.
If you didn't get my argument post it in the comment section I would be glad to clear any missunderstandings.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
drysponge made no sense at all WTF
Posted by T5seconds 3 years ago
T5seconds
Okay, I understand your argument now. It couldn've been phrased better, imho, but thank you.
Posted by mrsatan 3 years ago
mrsatan
@psyduck

It really was a terrible debate, but you shouldn't take that personally. The only error I see on your part is not calling Pro out for shifting the BoP onto you (unless you agreed privately that BoP was on you, in which case one of you should have mentioned it). Obviously, you can't refute arguments that aren't given. The "arguments" that Pro did make are both cryptic and vague, and without further explanation (which should be done in the debate, not the comments section) they are irrelevant as well.

So, yea.... A terrible debate, but that's on Pro, not you. I'd challenge you, but I agree with you and I don't enjoy playing devils advocate.
Posted by psyduck 3 years ago
psyduck
People who say this is the worst debate can challenge me on the same issue. I really was given nothing to go off of, so had no reason to further my arguments.
Posted by psyduck 3 years ago
psyduck
In half a year, we shall know who won. Why'd you make the voting period so long?
Posted by DrySponge 3 years ago
DrySponge
Dude rest for the round I will debatte this round .
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
wow
Posted by DrySponge 3 years ago
DrySponge
No problem.
Let's assume you're real let's asume reality exists.something I cannot prove but well it is a healthy belief.
So theres is a real rock and a blind man.
The blind man cannot see the rock but the rock is there .
Morality is there( and we cannot understand it.because of the same reason I cannot prove to my self that you are real or this computer for a matter of fact) and our brain can know it's there (possibly only in creationism).
Any further question?
Posted by T5seconds 3 years ago
T5seconds
Um, would you mind explaining your argument to me?
Posted by DrySponge 3 years ago
DrySponge
Got it ?
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
DrySpongepsyduckTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side put up great arguments. Conduct to con for pro trying to use the comment section to win the debate.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
DrySpongepsyduckTied
Reasons for voting decision: Worst Debate ever!