LaughItUpLydia
vi_spex

You cannot prove your existence

LaughItUpLydia

LaughItUpLydia

Pro

You have 2 rounds to prove your existence, I will attempt refutations. Sounds fun, right? There aren't many limitations or rules. I'd rather not have 'short' rounds because it would be more interesting with more arguments. The deeper we dig into philosophy the better the debate will be! 3rd rounds will be final rebuttals but Con must only do a feasible conclusion leading to the point where he can easily say "I have proved that I exist".

Before we do anything however, here are some intriguing websites that may help you in debating or voting (whichever one you are reading this for):
- http://www.logicallyfallacious.com...
- https://www.physicsforums.com...

Thank you to anyone brave enough to try and prove their existence. :)

LET THE DEBATING BEGIN!
vi_spex

Con

existence is all experience
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

Then you must prove to me that you have had experience.

Your experience is nothing to me unless you can prove that you experienced it. Since existence is all experience and you cannot prove to ME that you experienced anything at all, it is impossible for you to prove who you are or that you are real in that way. Unless I am wrong, which of course is a possibility.

How do I know that I am not debating a robot and you are not computer-generated or a Sims played by a higher Deity?

This debate would be more interesting if you (Con) provided more than 4 words.

At any rate, I know vi-spex is something/one, but I don't know what. And I don't know if he really exists or he says he does, only SAYING he can prove it. I will patiently wait for his next argument!
vi_spex

Con

i know you are light on my screen and a story in my mind, but i also know i cant see these words on the screen, with my eyes closed
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

You cannot prove that I am a light on your screen. I still do not know that you are not a robot or a machine with mechanically powered words all ready to be typed on this debate; I do not know you are real; and I don't know who YOU are, whatever 'you' is.

If 'you' do not prove OR refute any of my arguments in this round than my case has been proven.

But no matter what happens, thank 'you' for "debating" me!
vi_spex

Con

only now is true

lies exist
Posted by ianm11714 1 year ago
ianm11714
The hell did I just read? Haha, but really LaughItUpLydia bravo to you on confusing me, in a good way.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
pick up 0 sodas from the floor with your hands
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
thirsty*
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if you are in the desert, you are lost and hungry, and you imagine a bottle of Water, do yo have a bottle of Water?

i know you are light on my screen and a story in my mind

i could be a bot trying to make you think i am human, but i could also be a human trying to make you think i am a bot
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
LaughItUpLydia
How are possibilities and imagination false?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
a simulation cant exist unless there is something to simulate. possibilities are false, imagination is false
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
LaughItUpLydia
what if your experience is a simulation and your "thoughts" are programmed and your reality is being a robot who doesn't actually "think"? The possibility of this proves that we cannot manifest true reality.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
the balancing point between possible and impossible is no other possibility, absolute

future is possible, and past is impossible. if i am with you physically and i say to you, hey man, i am being now, you cant argue with that

i dont have a specifik definition for reality yet, but know=physical experience

reality=(is)know=life=matter=nature=true=now=transformation=time=Space=something=not infomation=not future and past etc

existence is defined by experience, i know my experience of now

reality is unbelieved
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
LaughItUpLydia
what is reality?
Vote Placed by TheAdamb99 1 year ago
TheAdamb99
LaughItUpLydiavi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: What did I just witness? Such a pointless debate!
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
LaughItUpLydiavi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments and rebuttals were weak, and had poor grammar. Pro also used the only sources.