AribtraryMoniker
Stage13-10

You choose the topic

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

AribtraryMoniker

Pro

This is meant to be a fun, light hearted debate. Con will fffer three silly topics ( such macaroni is better than spaghetti, we should all wear bowler hats, pokemon is better than yu-gi-oh, etc.) And I'll choose the one I like best.

If all of the topics offered by con are offensive, overly serious, skewed, truistic or otherwise inaccessible, then I'll choose a different topic entirely.

No real rules, just don't be a dick. I reserve the right to expand on what that means as necessary. Hopefully I won't have to.
Stage13-10

Con

I have 3 topics for this.
Are apples are better than oranges?
Is a 3DS better than a PS Vita?
We should all wear toasters on our head.
You pick the one that you like the best.
I'll be waiting for Round 2.
AribtraryMoniker

Pro

Why not? It seems like something a cool bro would do. You want fresh toasty bagels? Bam. Right on your head. You want toaster strudel? Not a problem. You want to solve complex financial issues under girding equality in the western world? Bagels!

But f'rizzle, in a world where everyone takes themselves a bit too seriously, wearing toasters on our head would ground us in a sense of humility and sameness. I mean really, a toaster? On your head? That's so silly. How could anyone thing they're above reproach when they have toaster on their head.
Stage13-10

Con

No, because it would be dangerous to apply a toaster on your head, because if you leave something in it too long, you'll feel a burning feeling. And that's not good. Also, the sudden *ding* of some toasters may scare some people who weren't expecting it, and this may be a problem in silent areas where you're trying to focus.

It would be hard to be taken seriously with a toaster on your head, even if you have a valid point. It would be fun to have a toaster on your head for the food, but where are you going to find a socket for your head-toaster, or the food to cook in it? It would be only useful if it was for inside use.
AribtraryMoniker

Pro

We don't have to plug the toasters in, but when we do we will experience a pleasant warmth because of it. Ever been outside on a cold day and felt like your hat just wasn't enough? Simply find your nearest wandering electrical outlet and you'll be set. Not only will you have a cozy source of warmth atop your noggin, but also Bagels. We have to grasp life by the ears and scream in it's face - THIS IS MY TIME, I'M SHALL EXPERIENCE IT FULLY!!! Yes, Life will cower in trepidation as you foam from the mouth, a toaster atop your head - but it'll get the picture.

My answer is the same for those who would be afraid of the ding-a-ling-a-ding-dings. Embrace the everchanging and unpredictable nature of existence! Know that when your study break is interrupted from the ding of another student's toaster you are sharing a moment in time that will soon fade away forever. You were trapped in your own world, memorizing things you would mind-dump after your test anyway - but now you are placed squarely in front the reality of your fellow student's existence. You are but two toaster-headed souls passing in the nights, and now you may share solace together through your common humanity.

I am reminded of a line from the Incredibles - 'When everyone is special, no-one will be.' In the same vein, 'When everyone is ridiculous, no one will be.' Rather than taking away all sense of decorum from necessarily serious scenarios, we will contextualize the necessity of severity; that is, we'll chill the f*ck out.

Con agrees with me that toasters on our heads would be fun. We can hash out the mechanics at a later date, but just having them available will be nice.
Stage13-10

Con

Stage13-10 forfeited this round.
AribtraryMoniker

Pro

Knees weak arms spaghetti, the spaghetti on spaghetti already. spaghetti
Stage13-10

Con

(Crud. Work got the better of me and i had to give up Round 3.)
Well, as fun as it is, and the amorphous nature of existence, some things are just a bit overboard, like a toaster on our head. As i mentioned before, it's dangerous because of all the weight you have to carry around on your head at all times. And with this added weight, what might happen if you trip? Serious injury, that's what. And if in the hands of the irresponsible, burns.

The thing is, with this new toaster-head thing, it sounds like a fun idea on paper, what with free hot food on the go. When in reality, it's a battle against the toaster's weight, and yours in a balance contest. It's not so simple, just getting it in the toaster and waiting while you have to stand perfectly still, and make sure no one or nothing shifts you out of place. Pretty hard to do.
Ah, but the risks are worth the reward, right? Not when the risks outweigh the balances.

All in all, it's a fun idea, but it's far too risky to be an actual idea.
Posted by AribtraryMoniker 6 months ago
AribtraryMoniker
You should see a doctor about that.
Posted by Meropenem777 6 months ago
Meropenem777
Everything taste like chicken.