lord_megatron
AribtraryMoniker

You choose the topic

lord_megatron

lord_megatron

Pro

This is meant to be a fun, light hearted debate. Whoever accepts will offer three silly topics in their first round, and I will choose the one I like best.
If all of the topics offered by con are offensive, overly serious, skewed, truistic or otherwise inaccessible, then I'll choose a different topic entirely.
There are no hard line rules, just don't be an idiot. I reserve the right to expand on what that means as necessary, but hopefully I won't have to. Just be a decent human being, and let's have a fun round!
AribtraryMoniker

Con

Thanks for the challenge! Here are some topics that I imagine would be fun to debate.

1. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire is a better game than Pokemon Super Eevee version
2. The Whopperito is a bad idea
3. Tea is better than Coffee

All of these topics are written in such a way for my opponent to affirm and my to negate. If he would rather take the negative, then I would be fine with changing the wording of the topics to switch sides.
lord_megatron

Pro

Don't worry about the 8k character limit, I don't write too long arguments, especially on fun topics.
The resolution can be "Coffee is better than tea" since I am pro.
Coffee is better than tea as it is easier to prepare, has more caffeine and makes you alert, and gives an energy boost.
Coffee has antioxidants, boosts metabolic rate, and lowers the risk of diseases such as type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer's. It has some health benefits and isn't as bad as most people think.
Coffee is easy to prepare, just take some water and/or milk, pour coffee powder and sugar and heat if needed. In tea, there is a lot of things you need to add and the taste might not be good if you are trying to make it for the first time, but coffee is a constant. Also, coffee has two variants, cold coffee and hot coffee, while tea is usually drank hot.
We all know coffee helps you want to stay awake in the night. Tea doesn't have the boost required to charge you up, whether it be in the morning after waking up, or in the night when doing an important assignment. Moreover, coffee has a better taste than tea, according to my opinion.
https://authoritynutrition.com...
AribtraryMoniker

Con

AribtraryMoniker forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

I am sorry to see that you have forfeited. I was hoping for some rebuttal.
I'll try and extend my arguments here.
Tea isn't as good as coffee, it can never be. Coffee with chocolate is so awesome. Coffee really improves the mood of the drinker, tea to a lesser extent. Coffee is my fuel for work. It is impossible to work in the night without coffee.
AribtraryMoniker

Con

Sorry for the forfeit last round! I'm going to go ahead and concede this debate.

I'll be back at some later time (to DDO at large I mean) and I'll try to have us do this debate again.
lord_megatron

Pro

Oh! Okay then, I shall start a new debate once you are ready. I guess I can win this one, for now.
AribtraryMoniker

Con

AribtraryMoniker forfeited this round.
Posted by AribtraryMoniker 5 months ago
AribtraryMoniker
8K characters is too long. Shorten it to at least 4000 and I'll accept.
Vote Placed by Udel 5 months ago
Udel
lord_megatronAribtraryMonikerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro explains that coffee has antioxidants and the ability to be alert, plus you can drink it hot or cold. This is also true of tea but Con does not make the argument and instead forfeits. No conduct loss for the nice comments and concession but loss of arguments for lack of rebutral and no explanation of why tea is better than coffee.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 5 months ago
fire_wings
lord_megatronAribtraryMonikerTied
Reasons for voting decision: concession