You choose topic, I choose position.

Round 1 [Pro]: Set up Debate
Round 1 [Con]: Acceptance and Choose Topic (Definitions if Needed)
Round 2 [Pro]: Choose Position and Opening Argument (Definitions if Needed)
Round 2 [Con]: Opening Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttal and Arguments
Round 4: Rebuttal and Arguments
Round 5: Closing Statement

Character limit: 10,000
Time to Argue: 72 Hours
Voting Period: 10 Days

You choose the topic. With the topic, you should include the resolution. It may be anything you wish as long as it is a debate. If it is something like a "rap battle" or "draw contest" please ask me first in the comments if it is okay. If you are unsure your topic will fall under this category, please ask me first in the comments. I get to choose my position.

Note: Since I am pro without actually knowing what the topic is, you should disregard this unless I am actually pro. For the sake of the voters, please label yourself as pro or con at the very top of every submission.

Purpose of this debate: I will likely learn about a new topic. My opponent will have to view that topic from both sides. This won't end up being an unfair debate such as arguing about a truism (i.e. Earth is not flat).

Are should baloney Pony's Legal?

No, they should not be legal due to getting too many teenagers pregnant in short periods of time. Good luck sir!

My position: Pro

My opponent didn't clearly state the resolution which should be this: Baloney Ponys should be legal in school. [Should: more benefits than harm]

I choose Pro for this debate.

My opponent broke some rules early on. First, he attempted to take a position even though I made it extremely clear that he isn't allowed to. Second, he began his argument, although it isn't much. Third, he didn't state the resolution, but I did say that it is something you should do, not necessarily have to do.

Baloney Pony = Penis

No, I am not taking this debate very seriously. Almost all males are born with a penis (1). Radical penectomy surgery (the removal of the full penis) costs about $1800 (2). There were roughly 151 million postsecondary enrolling students in the year 2009 in all the world (3). The cost of this operation for this tiny fraction of students back in 2009 would be $135900000000 or 136 billion dollars. The benefits would need to outweigh this hefty amount of money.

While solving one problem (teenage pregnancy), it creates a new one. Men will lose the ability to reproduce without the aid of a sperm bank. There would be drastic declines in human population. The drop would be devastating since our world economy is so sensitive to change.

That is good enough for now. I doubt my opponent is actually going to try in this debate.

striker0614 forfeited this round.

striker0614 forfeited this round.

striker0614 forfeited this round.

striker0614 forfeited this round.
Posted by Proving_a_Negative 1 year ago
Although I got somebody to accept, I'm curious what the issue was. Could you please tell me? :)
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
So do I offer one issue in the comments or what would I do escentially?
Vote Placed by 2-D 1 year ago