fesuj
screamingrage

You chose a reasonable thing to Debate about.

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

fesuj

Con

Debate about something reasonable and I'l respond. Nothing about religion though.
screamingrage

Pro

My argument will be about abortion. I am for abortion. Abortion is right in every way because the mother is the one that has to walk around for nine months and take care of the baby. In addition, the baby doesn't yet have rights because it is inside another person. In a debate for the senator seat of Illinois, Alan Keyes challenged Obama and compare the act of abortion to terrorism. He also said that Abortion is taking away the population of blacks. Now hear me out. I'm black to and in a way it's a good thing blacks count for 1/3 of abortion. Listen, most murders, drugs, gangs, theft (most of the crime of the U.S) is committed by African Americans. And these African Americans are the ghetto, drug taking, gang bangers. They aren't the smart and sophisticated African Americans. The Black women who are using abortion are the ones that live in the bad areas the ones that get pregnant at 16 and live in areas surrounded by gangsters and drugs. Now imagine a kid growing up in that are. He/she will be surrounded by terrible role models and they will not change the world for the better definitely not. The might even kill. So by using abortion, the black women are actually saving lives.
fesuj

Con

OK, so you're arguing for abortion and you are using the example of all the unfit environments for children to live in. I understand your point but here's what I think:

Firstly, I think that abortion is in a way like taking of a life. My reasoning for this is that as soon as the egg and sperm join together it becomes a embryo. It at that has all it needs to become a baby inside it. From that point on it just develops. It gains a heart and brain, fingers and toes and more. Because it's such a hard thing to study the point at which the embryo gets called a fetus and therefore too developed to abort is hard to measure.

Secondly, It is a kind of slippery slope that is being started. Every little step added up in the future could lead to the lack of worth of human life in the future. It should be allowed to help save the mothers life I think but right now there's only a time limit and a payment away. Because it has become so easy to abort a baby now it means that any baby from any background could be aborted not just the babies in the situations you mentioned. In the future who knows where it could lead.

I am in the UK which means it's night now so I'll be gone for a long time now. I await your response.
screamingrage

Pro

There is also another reason why abortion is needed. two words OVER-POPULATION. There are way to many human beings on this earth and we're not helping it. We're sucking it dry just like a vampire would suck the blood out of a human. But unlike a vampire, we don't have another 6.5 billion earths to suck dry. (if u get what i mean) we are polluting the earth and taking away all the resources so hey if a more than a few embryos don't get to reach life, it's for the better. Let me ask you this, if you could bring back the 8 million people that died during the holocaust would you? i wouldn't 'cause imagine a world that has nearly 7.5 billion people.
fesuj

Con

I wouldn't bring them back but I would stop them from being killed if I could. We're still in exponential growth, and yes I know that it doesn't last forever but your arguement is a bit similar to china's barbaric one child policy. In the end it came down to separated families, the rich being able to have children and infant genocide. You have of coarse not gone as far as proposing anything as far as that but my point is that they saw their population as just a number and the horrific things that happened all took place because they had lack of care for human life.

I ask then, how exactly do you think abortion will reduce population? Where is your proof? I can't imagine it would be morer than a fraction of a fraction of a percent you are talking about.

Every fetus should have the right to life as long as it's not going to harm the mental or physical state of the mother, if abortion is allowed on other terms it begs the question is life becoming disposable. It's only those who are born who have this choice to throw away potencial life. If someone is raped I can even understand it because it damages the mental health of the mother. The system however that you are explaining is the current one in which abortion is one of easiest things to do within the time given.

If you come from america then I'm not sure about it because I think it varies from state to state. I live in Great Britain and I understand the need to end it. Unlike the other countries in europe, it can be done just under 24 weeks! I recently discovered that the youngest premature baby born was 21 weeks 5 days OLD! www.lifenews.com/2011/04/24/youngest-surviving-premature-baby-in-europe-heads-home/ It could have remained in the womb for 2 more weeks and still be aborted. That is the reason why I would have to disagree with you.
screamingrage

Pro

The fetus, like I said above is completely reliant on the mother. It takes in the air that she breaths , the food she eats and the water she drinks. It's like a pimple or a disease. It lives off your body. Literally. In addition, it's not a a human or at least not yet. It has the potential to be a human. But it is definitely not a person. Webster's Dictionary lists a person as "being an individual or existing as an indivisible whole; existing as a distinct entity."
Also, the mother doesn't have to be in danger, to get an abortion, she may just be not ready to have a baby yet. The way she lives may not allow her to have a baby. She might not have enough money to sustain herself and her baby.

It's her body, she can do whatever she wants with it.
fesuj

Con

fesuj forfeited this round.
screamingrage

Pro

screamingrage forfeited this round.
fesuj

Con

fesuj forfeited this round.
screamingrage

Pro

screamingrage forfeited this round.
Posted by fesuj 6 years ago
fesuj
What do you mean OreEle?
Posted by BennyW 6 years ago
BennyW
Interesting approach.
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
this is going to get soooo pawned.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
fesujscreamingrageTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)