USANationalist
fuzala

You do not exist

fuzala

USANationalist

Pro

Hello, competitor, 1st round is acceptance.
Enjoy trying to beat me.~
Rules:
1. No personal insults. I will cancel if I have to.
2. No bias, only science.
3. Have fun.
fuzala

Con

I accept your challenge.
USANationalist

Pro

My argument is this: You do not exist. I, however do.
With pure scientific evidence I can not truthfully say you exist because I can not prove anything outside my own head.
How do I know you are not an artifically created android with a learning capacity better than Cleverbot?
How about that I'm not an actor in a movie brainwashed to have false memories?
I don't, but I don't know if you do.
Therefore, you do not exist outside of my mind.
fuzala

Con

I would like to note that you said "you do not exist." You never stated that "you do not exist outside of my mind" until the second round. That changes the ball game. You're getting into the metaphysical aspects. I think fair warning should have been given here.

"My argument is this: You do not exist. I, however do."

Still, the same reasoning you use to question my existence can be used to question your own existence. How do you know you exist outside of your own mind?

To exist also means something the mind perceives. What we believe to exist is based off of what our mind tells us. In a dream, the things we see exist. They exist not only in our mind, but they exist in the dream world in the sense that our senses pick up on these entities.

USANationalist

Pro

I misused a word. Nothing exists out of my mind the chances are. In fact, the chances are far greater that I am a Boltzmann brain in the cosmos, just floating around because there was only one original me, but there are infinite Boltzmann brain me's. Senses are only electrical signals that can easily be misfires. It can easily be faked. If I am a Boltzmann brain, you don't exist out of my mind.
fuzala

Con

You did not provide scientific evidence that you do indeed exist outside of your own mind.

My argument is that we both exist in the mind and in the world. You already proved we exist in our minds.

We exist and the proof is how the mind and senses perceive us and our surroundings. Yes, our senses misfire, however, the information our senses pick up still fall under the accepted meaning of existence. If I hallucinate about a floating apple, that apple still exists both in my mind and outside my mind. This is all according to my mind. Although the way we view things outside the mind is subjective, this does not undermine the idea of existence. You cannot disprove my existence in that your senses pick up on my existence subjectively.

To exists means to be real. This was taken from Merriam Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com...

What we determine to be real or existing outside of our mind is subjective. Again, this does not disprove subjective existence.

Posted by USANationalist 3 years ago
USANationalist
I plan to use the scientific method.
Posted by DaggumBurt 3 years ago
DaggumBurt
ok.
Posted by fuzala 3 years ago
fuzala
Are you going to use physics in this debate?
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Could be awesome.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
USANationalistfuzalaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used sources and better arguments.