yuiru
hghppjfan

You have to be married to be a parent.

yuiru

yuiru

Con

I believe you don't have to be married to be a parent.
hghppjfan

Pro

These are my reasons why people should be married before they have children.

A. It would save money the parents would not have to save extra money to get custody of the child if they ever broke up.
B. The child will have a more of a chance to either not get married or get pregnant by 18.
C. It would make the parent and child bond stronger.
yuiru

Con

I thank pro for joining, I hope you sway my opinion on the matter.

Response to A

I'm sorry, but please source that married parents save more money? I think it would actually cost more for a married couple because they have to spend for both divorce and custody.

Response to B.

I would also like a least something to support this claim. And beyond that, is this dependent on the parents marriage or lack thereof, or relationship?

Response to C.

I'm not sure they would, I still would like at least something for you to source, anything! (but preferably a reliable source please) That shows the variable of parents being married directly affects childrens bond with them. I feel like this is kind of tricky, since you have to prove that over all other factors. Because you first would have to give a reasonable inference as to why this is though.

I think decent parents wouldn't have to be married, because they can be a family regardless of having a legal status.
I don't find it hard to see the possiblitiy of a committed unmarried couple being parents, even though it may break some traditional values and is seen as taboo.

I also believe correlation does not imply causation, just because people can on accident arise outside of marriage, doesn't mean the parents being bad was because of their lack of marriage, it would still be unintentional. Plus relationship problems happen both within marriage, and outside.

Eh, just what I though on the matters...

hghppjfan

Pro

Response to response to A: You are right, I did not realize that divorce and custody would be more expensive, but if the family works on the marriage, they can save the money in the long run.

Response to Response to B: According to the corner stork, children follow the parent's career's footsteps. Needless to say, could that also mean that a child could follow the parent's footsteps by history. Telling the child or not a story may be the borderline to repeating history or not. Another way that people can be like their parents is by risk taking. According to live science, risk taking can also come in genetics. Needless to say, they can take the risk of having children before they are married.

Response to response to C: According to forever families, a good marriage would let people do more unselfish things than a person would do alone. In that sense, the parents would think more about themselves.

Additional response:

Marriage is a common bond in Catholicism. It lets two people be reunited with one another and it reunites them more with God.

http://www.livescience.com...
http://www.cornerstorkbabygifts.com...
http://foreverfamilies.byu.edu...
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
Koopin, why you snoopin as usual those quotes ;)
Posted by BlackVoid 4 years ago
BlackVoid
At first I read this as "you have to be married to a parent".
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
What is this, I don't even...
Posted by angrymen 4 years ago
angrymen
You might want to rephrase the title because everyone knows there are parents who are not married.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
yuiruhghppjfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct would have been a tie, had Pro not made the additional case that people are obligated to be married because of her personal beliefs (religious ones, specifically). Grammar to Con for good use of English, and because Pro had several instances of utter nonsense. Convincing arguments to the Con because, well, he had more convincing arguments. Reliable sources to no ones, because, while Pro listed more sources, they were not reliable, and count for none by either party.
Vote Placed by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
yuiruhghppjfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: sourses go to Pro, Conduct goes to con for Pro bringing up new arguements, convincing goes to Con due to the Pro session of subpoint b.