Labrat228
Logical-Master

You should all join Debatef.com

Logical-Master

Labrat228

Pro

Debate.org has a growing population.
Debatf.com is the "Official Unofficial" Forum of debate.org
Some of the Sites "Top" Debaters now call this forum home!
And a note to everyone new to debate.org:

If you are having trouble winning debates on this site and desperately want to climb to the top of the leader board, Debatef.com is the place to start! You can ask questions and have them answered by real debaters! What more could someone new to debate.org want? I know if i had this opportunity i would have taken it!
Join Us!
Logical-Master

Con

Greetings to my opponent and fellow debaters on this website. I realize that there are many fans "debatef.com", but I ask that you not allow your bas to sway your vote. I personally have no personal opinions on this subject and such simply be approaching this matter without any form of agenda in mind.

First, I will rebutt my opponent's points and then I shall be supplying my own:

"If you are having trouble winning debates on this site and desperately want to climb to the top of the leader board, Debatef.com is the place to start!"

Interesting, because having just taken a look at the discussions there, I don't see any such area where members have been getting PRO-tips on how to debate well. In fact, here are the topics:

===========================
- Comments, Problems, Suggestions for the Debate.org Webmaster
by NateatDebate on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:51 pm
37 Replies
225 Views
Last post by beem0r View the latest post
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:20 pm

*

- What boards should the real Debate.org forum have?
by s0m31john on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:07 pm
6 Replies
86 Views
Last post by Rezzealaux View the latest post
on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:44 pm

*

- The Social Networking Thing and Maggie Huang
by PoeJoe on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 pm
35 Replies
135 Views
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:18 pm

*

- Methods of geting Debatef.com spread.
by labrat228 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:11 pm
4 Replies
26 Views
Last post by labrat228 View the latest post
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 pm

*

- V3 Pictures
by PoeJoe on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 am
10 Replies
76 Views
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:15 pm

*

-Goddammmit... mobile phones?
by ragnar_rahl on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm
25 Replies
107 Views
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 pm

*

-How much time do you spend on the computer?
by s0m31john on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 pm
9 Replies
56 Views
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:04 pm

*

-What are you hoping to see in Version 3 of Debate.org?
by s0m31john on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:10 pm
11 Replies
63 Views
Last post by SweetBags View the latest post
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 am

*

-How did you find debate.org?
by s0m31john on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 pm
42 Replies
177 Views
Last post by Derek.Gunn View the latest post
on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:41 am

*

-A Few Thoughts and Questions
by PoeJoe on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 pm
5 Replies
50 Views
on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:55 pm

*

-Spam Debates
by Rezzealaux on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 pm
2 Replies
28 Views
on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm

*

- The Official V3 Topic
by PoeJoe on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:27 am
27 Replies
131 Views
on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:47 pm "
===============================================

In other words, nada on these pro-tips my opponent speaks of. Ergo, no evidence that the forum my opponent is promoting is indeed a "great place to start." And if I see any new topics created after I post this round, it will be more likely than not that this is simply my opponent (or someone else with an agenda) fabricating evidence.

But to pacify my opponent, even if we are to suggest that one can ideally go to these forums and get great debate tips, this still isn't a sufficient reason to join the aforementioned forum. Being that I am currently on debate.org's top 10 list, I think my input on what it takes to get to the top is quite relevant. Looking back to how I got my debate skills, I can certainly say that it wasn't from getting tips from other people. A great man once said that there's no substitute for experience, and indeed, this man is right, as my skills developed through experience in this sport. You cannot become a skilled debater simply through reading someone else's opinion. Thus, with that being said, if one wants to get higher up the top 10 list, then one should remain on this website and debate over and over again.

That said, if one really really wants input from other debaters, then there is a solution far simpler than going to another forum and that is to ask these debaters on the top 10 list directly, either through sending them messages or posting on their wall.

Now, as for my argument, I'll make it simple. Everyone here doesn't really need to join the forum which my opponent is promoting and that is simply because:

1) This website will be getting its own forum (not to mention that there shall be forums accompanied by every debate.org group) soon enough.

2) We already have a means of communicating with one another without having to hijack a comment section in an individual debate as before. If one wishes to socialize with fellow debaters, the walls which each member on this website has will be sufficient. In fact, if people are worried about cluttering their own wall, then I shall gladly allow them to congregate on my own. Not only that, but we have the ability to private message one another.

3) Having taken a quick glance at the debatef.com forum, I really don't see any pressing reason to join it as there is a shortage of topics (none of them interesting) with the highest amount of post on a single topic being no more than 37.

Thus, it is quite clear that not all debate.org members should join. Maybe those who have a humongous forum craving, but to everyone else, there is not much which is being missed out on.
Labrat228

Pro

1. Debatef.com is an ideal place for suggestions regarding debating, you have a community of debaters from debate.org who have all had their ups and downs. Which also deams this forum "a great place to start"
(I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to debatef.com, you being LogicalMaster and everyone interested.)

2. For those new to the forum world, it would help provide some forum experience in a very easygoing environment.

3. To defeat my opponent statement:
"Having taken a quick glance at the debatef.com forum, I really don't see any pressing reason to join it as there is a shortage of topics (none of them interesting) with the highest amount of post on a single topic being no more than 37.
The forum didn't begin until mid-last week. We have 232 post (currently, Sept 02, 08 at 10:31pm est), In my opinion we have a very active forum for its age.

4. My opponent has failed to show us with factual information that you all shouldn't join debatef.com.
Logical-Master

Con

Rebuttal #1. PRO is clearly using the "moving the goal post" fallacy here as at no point does he specify that debatef.com is a great place to get debate tips IDEALLY in his first round. This addition arrived in his recent round. No matter though as even in the previous round, I still defeated his argument by pointing out that debaters could simply ask the top ranked debates on this site via Private Message or Wall about debate, rather than going all the way to another forum. After all, which are these debaters on the top 10 more likely to keep in touch with? Their PERSONAL wall and PERSONAL messages on the MAIN debate site or a forum which most of the members on this site aren't even using at the moment? My thoughts exactly.

Rebuttal #2: Not necessarily. As noted previously, there is low participation and a shortage of topics. This forum is rather inexperienced at the moment.

Rebuttal #3: Um . . . this doesn't refute my statement. This only acknowledges it (therefore concedes to it) and attempts to provide a non-denigrating reason (that the board only started a week ago) as to why the observation I made is true. As for my opponent citing his opinion, see my next rebuttal.

Rebuttal #4: Interesting, so my opponent says that I have failed to provide factual information, yet in his previous rebuttal, he uses his OPINION as a refutation. Though even if we are to neglect such a contradiction, I cannot help but correct my opponent. I have provided factual information. Allow me to reiterate:

1) The forum which he wants everyone to join has a limited number of topics and is inexperienced (heck, even my opponent concedes to this).
2) There is no evidence to suggest that this forum would be an excellent means of becoming a far better debater and getting to the top 10 on the leader boards (which was the sole reason my opponent advocated that you should join in R1)
3) Debate.org shall be getting its official forum this month.
4) Users can easily communicate (right now) with one another on this website without hijacking a comment section and can have just as interesting discussions as they could on a forum.
5) Based on the information from someone in the very list of debaters he speaks highly of in R1, merely getting tips from other people won't help one become significantly better at debate.

All of this sounds like factual information. If not, then my opponent should have rebutted these points rather than merely list my info as "non-factual" in one meatless statement as such a practice is not a means of winning a debate.

Thus, I've negated my opponent's position on every ground.

Thanks for the debate. VOTE CON. :D
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
. . . yeah, so I guess an RFD is out of the question. O_O

(need . . . emoticons . . . now).
Posted by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
both ways, it is getting debatef.com out right?
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
This seems pretty clear-cut already.
Posted by attatae 8 years ago
attatae
good rebuttal LM, im in a very similar debate like this myself, so im kinda pullin for you but of course ill vote fair and square :)
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
"but I ask that you not allow your bas to sway your vote."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

"But to pacify my opponent"

Yessss. Pacify them xDDDD
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
"Start a new debate.

"You should all join debatef.com"

And have CON completely fail."

-gahbage

Me: Ha, we'll see about that. ;)
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Facepalm.jpg
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I meant to say "and shall such be approaching."
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Labrat228Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Zero 8 years ago
Zero
Labrat228Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
Labrat228Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
Labrat228Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Labrat228Logical-MasterTied