You should hire lazy people

This is my first debate, English is not my first language so please correct me where needed.

First round: Accepting and definition( I will be pro hiring lazy people)
Second round: Argument for and against, no rebuttal
Third round: Rebuttals

: not liking to work hard or to be active

: not having much activity : causing people to feel that they do not want
to be active

: moving slowly

All sources are acceptable other then personal once. Sources shall be shown.

I think you shouldn't and here is why:
1. They WONT do anything.
2. It would be a waste of time to teach them NOT to be lazy.
3. They could be stealing supplies/money
4. Talking behind your back about YOU
5. No self-respect

Thank you for participating in this debate, now without further ado lets jump right inn.

By definition it does not state that a lazy person will not meet the performance standards of the company who hire him/her and you shouldn't hire people that don't.
It simply states that the person dislikes working hard to achieve a goal, by this we can take out that he will find the fastest
and easiest way to achieve the goal for the person who has hired him/her. And thereby save time and money, now and in future situations similar to this one.

"I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it." - Bill Gates

Now I will try to explain the thinking process of a lazy worker:
- A lazy worker will, as previously stated, try to find the fastest and easiest way to do his work so he can do other stuff (be lazy).
- To do this he will ask himself some questions when he is given work:
* Can I simplify my work?
* Can I not do this work/find someone who has already done it or can I argue it to be unnecessary work?
* Can I automate it and make a machine do it?
* Can I make it easier by working with someone or give it to someone more suited for this work?
* Can I distribute my work so many people do most of the work for me?

A lazy person might only be lazy because he/she does not get enough challenge that speak to them in their work. So this means it is somewhat up to the boss to find the right places for the lazy person to work.

Furthermore I would like to state that the lazy person can in fact make his laziness work with him. Example: The lazy
person makes a loooong password on his/her social non-work related sites like facebook and twitter, what this could accomplish is when the person goes to those sites he/she would be to lazy to even enter the sites and go back to doing productive work for their company.

You have a good point, but still.
Lazy people will ALWAYS find a easy way of doing it.
And sometimes that easy way,
Is not the right way.
The easy way will most likely fail.
Take this example,
A guy works at Pizza Hut.
He needs to make a large pepperoni pizza.
What would be the easy way out of that?
Lazy people just want to get paid and go home,
Without doing any of the work.
There are some jobs lazy people can do,
(McDonalds, Burger King, etc..)
But those jobs are simply not the that good,
And only pay little.

Okay, there is almost always an easy way to do your job.

"The easy way will most likely fail."
Quiet the contrary, doing stuff the hard way is what will make you fail. Juggling too many balls in the air will make you lose focus and drop one. So if you juggle 3 balls at a time, which is the easy way, you will be able to do it correctly over and over again with new balls. But if you if you do it the hard way and take 6 balls at once you will FAIL.

In Norway we don't have pizza hut but we have peppes pizza which I am going to compare it to since I know how they work.

So first of say you don't have any machines that picks out your toppings for the pizza.

The first day working there the lazy person finds out how many pizza on average they sell in a day, this you can just ask
the manager about, then he makes a little more then the amount of dough that is equivalent to the average to be on the safe side (the dough that is left over he can use as the first pizza the next day or mix it in with the next dough).
Then he finds out how little the minimum amount of ingredients he needs to have on the pizza to satisfy the customer and makes that in quantities equivalent of how many pizzas he needs to put it on.
Now he needs to do the minimal work that his work requires and can be lazy the rest of his work day. ( Making the pizza takes no time and any idiot can do it in no time).

Now over to the mechanised version that I know exists in 90 Peppes Pizza restaurants: you do the same thing but have a machine who flattens the dough, cuts and measures the amount of toppings on the pizza. All the lazy person has to do is put it in and take it out of the oven before he serves it.
And thus the lazy person can keep being lazy.

You say lazy people just want to get paid and go home, well I say that is what every person wants to do. But if any person is given an intriguing task they will do it, but the lazy person will find an easy way, and that is why you should hire lazy people.

iTakeIt forfeited this round.
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
Posted by DieDork 1 year ago
I understand but it is actually an anagram for my real name: Odd Erik -> diEdOrk
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
oh I was thinking German because of your Name: DIE (German for the (feminine plural)) Dork
Posted by DieDork 1 year ago
It is norwegian
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
is it german?
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
ok so i'm to young what is your native language
Posted by DieDork 1 year ago
age 18 and above, no other criteria
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
Wow what logic
Posted by Poe-vahkiin 1 year ago
I always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because he will find an easy way to do it
-Bill Gates
Posted by 2001bhu 1 year ago
What are the age and rank criteria?