AvneetKaurTiwana
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Young people are too busy chasing material goals and they share no serious responsibility

AvneetKaurTiwana

Pro

Today's young generation does no at all care about their society,,their culture,,their environment and rarely believe in all those rituals that have been followed by our past generations.........I am not saying that they should follow it in any means but at least they should have a certain respect in their mind regarding these but they are too busy with their mobile phone..pc's and i-phones and i-pads and they feel that doing these rituals is actually insulting. Not all but most of the generation of today is busy chasing up their material goals and they show no serious responsibility...neither towards the society nor towards the environment(clean air,, pollution etc.)
(my dear friends I actually have to speak on this topic in the debate of my school in FOR and I want help. My mind goes blank when I try to think what to speak. So this for me is less of debate and more of the mater for my debate. But I will actually try to be in the norms of this site and engage myself in the debate also but at least you all can comment some nice things that can be spoken in the school regarding this issue please please please help me)
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Con

I accept your debate, and I hope it will be of some help to you.
Sincerely,
me...
AvneetKaurTiwana

Pro

Thank you so much.... and I know it will be a great help....but go FOR the topic,,, okay!
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Con

TheSophisticatedIncumbent forfeited this round.
AvneetKaurTiwana

Pro

AvneetKaurTiwana forfeited this round.
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Con

AvneetKaurTiwana

Pro

AvneetKaurTiwana forfeited this round.
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Con

AvneetKaurTiwana

Pro

AvneetKaurTiwana forfeited this round.
TheSophisticatedIncumbent

Con

Posted by AvneetKaurTiwana 4 years ago
AvneetKaurTiwana
this is a debate basically on Indian context......frnds when I am talking rituals,,what I actually mean is this-- an Indian father would always teach his small son how to pray God, how to take up the responsibility of the society, and the family, how to follow certain rules, certain laws and certain Rituals. If u all argue that a child would always walk on the footprints of his elders... then there may be no father in this world who would teach his son to be bad or not to take up responsibilities... if they are learning from the leaders and the governments sitting up there then why don't they learn from their parents and grandparents???
And taking up responsibility...there is a strong connection of it with rituals....a man always learns from his elders.. your grandfather might have taught your father something say it as X and your father taught that X to you,,, it was his responsibility and you will teach it your son and this will follow up. Now think this X was a ritual, some religious ritual,, so it is your responsibility to pass it on to other generation, isn't it??
And what I man by material goals is expensive things with which u can show off like expensive mobiles and cars and various other things.. and earning a good income is right but it doesn't say forget your responsibility....see friends we all need to be materialistic in today's world i agree with this but it really doesn't means that u forget all your responsibilities towards the society... I hope it doesn't means this!!!
Posted by diehardviratfan 4 years ago
diehardviratfan
i do not belive in this. Why is the young generation being pointed out here? if we youngsters won't work to chase material goals like earning a good income how are we going to fulfill our and our parent's dreams?How are we going to earn respect? If the main focus is on taking responsibilities ,should'nt we questions our political leaders and the present ruling parties? Value of rupee is crashing,we are the topmost target of the terrorists,corruption has no end,there is no action being taken! may i know where are the responsibilties of the ministers taken up properly? they are not youngsters they are in their 50's and 60's . Also the youngsters are yet learning to stand on their feet by own. won't they take time to match the standards of a truely mature and active citizen of a democratic nation?We these days demand a dictator for us because we know how we can b governed! i want to tell my oppostion if the elders are not taking care of their motherland how can thexpect us to do so?because someone has said children follow footprints of their elders what can they do if elders keep on doing and encouraging the wrongs?
Posted by rajun 4 years ago
rajun
I do want to take up this debate being a teen myself but...I am working on 5 debates right now...
Posted by RoyLatham 4 years ago
RoyLatham
What you cite is a problem, but it's a traditional problem. There is good scientific research that shows that young brains are not wired to connect actions with results. Young people do things without appreciating the consequence. When they get older, they figure out what responsibility is, and then condemn the younger generation for not being responsible. There is great example in a manuscript written by a man visiting a large city and blasting the young people for not working hard, being irresponsible, and all that. It was written by a Chinese man around the year 1100. It hasn't changed.

The problem is not with the younger generation. They are being irresponsible like they always have. The problem is that society is not intervening and making corrections in the way that it used to. Irresponsible behavior --teen pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, failure to study, laziness, and dishonest behavior-- are tolerated and supported at a level that's unprecedented in our recent society.

I know that not all young people behave badly and get away with it. Some correctly worry about the others who do get away with it.
Posted by Elusivetruth 4 years ago
Elusivetruth
A couple questions.

What are the rituals that you speak of? And how do you define responsibility in relation to those rituals? In fact what do you mean by responsibility in general? I'm also curious how you define material goals.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
AvneetKaurTiwanaTheSophisticatedIncumbentTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL