Salisha
AbandonedSpring

Young persons have a better understanding on politics

AbandonedSpring

Salisha

Pro

Yes, young persons have a better understanding because we listen,observe and therefore our knowledge on the opposing issue is reasonable. We can also think of qquite cons and pros and distinguish as to whats best for the country.
AbandonedSpring

Con

Alright, as a young person, I would say that as a whole, the population of my peers do not have a better understanding of politics. All they know is what they're told. I have managed to break free of what I have been told, which is why I have left political parties, and become independent. The people around me for the most part watch cable news, and listen to their parents. you'd be right to say that we are more observant, but because of this we are more unlikely to form our own political opinions.

Thanks, I now stand open for rebuttals.
Salisha

Pro

Its true that these days most part of the world watches cable news and listen to their parents but not all have become independent. There are persons who have formed political parties and are independent. We cannot think about those who live in modern society but those who cannot afford to l"ve in such a modern society. For example, if the current government decided that thheir are going to place a new highway across a river bank and half the population does not agree obviously that half population would form a party and try to get the government to discontinued their actions. Not only elder persons would be affected but also young persons to. Their space to recreate,socialize and live will be affected.
AbandonedSpring

Con

Alright, I will begin by jumping into rebuttals.

"Its true that these days most part of the world watches cable news and listen to their parents but not all have become independent."

You're right, not all have. The majority just take their parents word for it, therefor they do not necessarily have a greater understanding simply because they are just reciting things they've heard.

"There are persons who have formed political parties and are independent. We cannot think about those who live in modern society but those who cannot afford to l"ve in such a modern society. "

You'd be right in saying this, however the majority of people who formed independent ideologies are people who older. Simply because of their exposure. I became independent simply because I was raised in a certain environment, learned how things really are in the real world, and then formed my own opinions.

"For example, if the current government decided that thheir are going to place a new highway across a river bank and half the population does not agree obviously that half population would form a party and try to get the government to discontinued their actions"

I don't believe this to be true. People for the most part do not like change. A situation like this would most likely result in a bunch of politicians saying they will do things, but once elected will completely forget about this issue.

To reiterate, the younger population, as a whole, does not have a better understanding of politics. While I have formed my own opinions, and a few others have, the majority of my peers just replay what they have been told.

Thanks, and great rounds!
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
How many businesses have you started? Have you ever had to meet a payroll?Have you ever had to deal with bureaucrats?Have you ever even had to live on your own? Have you done anything? How long ago has it been since your mother was powdering your behind? And you think you are qualified to make important decisions concerning running a nation that has 3.5 trillion going through the federal government, and 1/3 0f that is borrowed. It gets me that these kids think they know anything at all about how the real world works.
Vote Placed by BombDebaterLeeroyTheBird 2 years ago
BombDebaterLeeroyTheBird
SalishaAbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: I didn't even have to read the debate to vote. Whereas sometimes adults can be dumb about politics, young people do not know enough to have a "better understanding"
Vote Placed by inaudita 2 years ago
inaudita
SalishaAbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was overall lacking on both sides. Con had better sentence flow.
Vote Placed by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
SalishaAbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: You guys need to use statistics to back up your claims; otherwise your arguments are only baseless assertion. Pro's sentence structure, spelling, and use of certain punctuation was lacking.