yoavthegamer
retroz

Your choice on the topic

yoavthegamer has forfeited round #3.

yoavthegamer

Pro

We can debate on anything you want. Politics, memes, funny arguments, whatever.
If we are doing something with politics then I am a far left liberal.
I just need voting privileges.
Thank you in advance.
retroz

Con

Topic List... Please accept in the comments section

#1: Con is a pillow
#2: Con is a flashlight
#3: Con is a doorknob
#4: Con is a desk

So your choices are that you (pro) will have to prove that I (con) am either: a pillow, a flashlight, a doorknob, or a desk. Because you have the burden of proof to show I am the object you picked, it will be up to you to offer the voters proof BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that "I am a pillow/flashlight/doorknob/desk"

Like I said, please accept one of the topics in the comments, thank you and good luck.
yoavthegamer

Pro

Thank you for participating with me in this debate. I want to start off with the fact that you don't know who's(what's) behind that computer screen. On the internet, you can be completely anonymous and get away with doing something or in this case, being something. I want to ask my fellow voters, do you really think that pillow would say he is not a pillow on the internet? Con probably goes to Youtube and writes in the comments "As a human being...."(I have no source for this but think about if you were a pillow, you would probably write something like that.) Remember voters, he is completely anonymous. That means he can cover up the fact that he is a pillow. Let's say Con isn't a pillow, he probably wouldn't post this argument if he was human. Pillows are sensitive to the fact that they are pillows. They want evidence to confirm that they are indeed a pillow, so they call people like me to give evidence on why Con is a pillow. In conclusion, Con is most definitely a pillow who is pretending to be human because of anonymity of the internet. Thank you.
retroz

Con

I'm going to make an assumption that my opponent chose topic #1, "Con is a pillow" due to the fact that most of his case mentioned pillows

That being said...
P1: A Sentient Being Wrote this Argument
P2: A Pillow is not Sentient
C1: A Pillow could not have Written this Argument
W1: Con is not a pillow

Merriam-Webster defines sentient as
  1. 1: responsive to or conscious of sense impressions <sentient beings>

2. 2: aware

3. 3: finely sensitive in perception or feeling

Seeing as whoever wrote this argument was responsive to a sense impression of touch (at least), the person who wrote this argument was sentient. On top of that, I am obviously aware of my surroundings, seeing as I am able to type this argument in a fashion which requires literacy and comprehension, as well as motor skills to type something of this length.

P2: A Pillow is not Sentient
Seeing as a pillow has no nervous system, skeletal system, or internal organs, it cannot be sentient. This is because to be sentient an object must have some sense of "awareness" (definition 2), which is created by a nervous system, which a pillow does not have

Seeing as P1 is correct and P2 is true, then this statement must be true

W1: Because a Pillow could not have written this argument, I cannot be a pillow, thus Pro has lost

Rebuttals:

"Con probably goes to Youtube and writes in the comments "As a human being...."(I have no source for this but think about if you were a pillow, you would probably write something like that.) Remember voters, he is completely anonymous. That means he can cover up the fact that he is a pillow."

Seeing as a Pillow is not sentient, nor does it have a working musculoskeletal system, a Pillow could not write anything on youtube. I also fail to see how a pillow would enjoy anything on Youtube... Pillows have no eyes, it would be rather unentertaining for a pillow (assuming it is sentient) to go on a website for videos.

"On the internet, you can be completely anonymous and get away with doing something or in this case, being something."

While true, it is still impossible for me to be a pillow, seeing as a pillow cannot type.