Your favorite military unit in history or present.

My favorite unit is the Royal Regiment of Scotland. I will start telling why in round two.

Round One- Acceptance and Beginning Statement

Round Two- Opinion

Round Three- Rebuttal

Round Four- Counter-Rebuttal and Final Statement.

Good luck.

Great question, I accept your challenge.
I will argue that the Gurkha soldiers are my favorite military unit, not only due to personal preference but due to their significance in history and their impact that lasts until present day.

I am looking forward to this debate.
Good luck.

Well I know I want get super long paragraphs because we're talking about favorite unit, but here I go. As I said before my favorite regiment/unit is the Royal Regiment of Scotland. It has been active since March 26, 2006. It is made up of six battalions and one company. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Battalion were lights. 4th Battalion- Armored Infantry. Balaklava Coy- Air Assault. 6th and 7th- TA Reserves. Before they became the Royal Regiment of Scotland. They were known as the Black Watch. Which was a famous military unit during the early 1800s. The regiments motto is Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. And their mascot is the Shetland Pony. That's all I have of info so I will let my competitor go now.

So I guess I will too just give fact's about the Gurkha soldiers so that this debate is fair.

The Gurkhas are Nepalese soldiers used in Indian and British Regiments today.
In 1816 they were first used in British East India Company forces.
They then where incorporated into British forces after the Indian partition of 1947.

More then 200,000 have fought for in all the major wars since the first World War.
They have received a total of 26 Victoria Crosses.
Now they are stationed all over the world, such as Afghanistan, Borneo, and Hong Kong.

Their numbers have drastically reduced, they stand now as 3,500 men and primarily serve as a Infantry.

The selection process for joining the Gurkhas is extremely complicated, with exercises bordering the inhumane.

"Better to die than be a coward" is their official motto.

Also part of their legacy is the Kukri, the knife that they still carry today.

BEASTxKNIGHTx12 forfeited this round.

Gurkhas are famous for their courage, loyalty, neutrality and impartiality. A Gurkha soldier is more than a mere warrior and embraces the traits of simplistic humanity without a fuss. A face contorted with determination and intensity, a warrior honorable, brave, loyal and astute. He is a symbol of these qualities in war and peace. His ferocity is as legendary as his loyalty to the British Monarch and his regimental history is packed with acts of incredible bravery and sacrifice. The love of his mountainous homeland and his family is profound and keeps luring him back after the call of duty. He is the indomitable Gurkha soldier and a legend in his own right. Gurkhas along with British have fought countless wars, campaigns, battles including the Great War (World War I) and World War II and in many post-world war fronts where Gurkhas have shown their outstanding bravery, courage and spirit to fight till death under the harshest of conditions. More than 200 thousand fought in WW I and more than quarter a million in WW II with more than 45 thousand killed or injured in both wars. Gurkhas continues to serve the British with the same passion, attitude and faith and their courage, loyalty and ability as an honorable and a fearsome soldier of the world has neverbeen questioned and presumably will never be. This highly commendable support from the Gurkhas strengthened the bond of friendship and loyalty in between Britain and Nepal and both have been the closest of friends and allies since then.

And in 2010, a retired Indian Gurkha soldier recently revisited those glory days when he thwarted 40 robbers, killing three of them and injuring eight others, with his khukuri during a train journey.

BEASTxKNIGHTx12 forfeited this round.

I extend my argument
Vote Placed by The_Debate_Czar 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: The con's argument was effective and the pro failed to substantiate beyond the rules it set.