Aceviper2011
TeddyKyle

Your not born gay

TeddyKyle

Aceviper2011

Pro

I will post my arguement here since its only one round.
I want to give you an open mind on homosexuality that it is a choice to be gay, your not born under the influence of turning gay around a very young age.
most people who goes for the same sex starts at a very young age, at that time of surness they say there gay how would they know if they just think there gay.
some gay women/men has not even experience the other sex only same, so how so sure they could be gay if majority never experience sexual intercourse with different sex. I for gay marriage i believe if two people love each other then let them be happy. i just trying to say your not born gay, yea scientist would say its a genetice pass on from ancestory. Last time i checked what if all your ancestory was straight and your born but turned gay down the line of your life, you can't blame genetics no its a choice.

here are some questions:
Are you forced to date the same sex?
Were you forced to sleep with the same sex?
Did ancestory say well this seed of generation will be gay when born?

to the first question is no your not forced everything you choose is a choice, can not blame your ancestories, can not blame genetics. It is all a choice, now if you say well i was very young when i found i was gay, how is that very possible. Lets say oh i was very yound and i experience the same sex first, it does not make you gay, but unsure and confused since you never experience a woman. Let's say you had experience both sex, and you turn out to actually like the same sex more then other sex how is that being born gay. You choose who side you picked more.

if you want to get religious, if God doesn't like same sex since he created MAN and WOMAN how could it be genetic, why would God create an guy or girl who likes the same sex, impossible since God is against it. Lets say well I was suppose to be a girl not a boy, you cannot use that as an excuse, like i said God made you who you are for a reason he made no mistake.

so out of the religion view of it Gay is a choice to make, if anyone says well i was born gay how do you know if you were really born gay. But later on in life when you actually experience both man and woman and then you choose ( thats if you think you are not for people who are sure if they like different sex).

Do not get me wrong I believe if two people are in love gay or not they should be happy I am not here to pass Judgement, just a topic I was gettting really bored today and just wanted to debate on something quick. All i ask is just to keep an open mind on this topic or really short debate. The reason I posted no sources, these are just my own thoughts, and my own work that I actually went and talk to people around my school for there views.

Thank you for taking your time to debate and accept, i wish my opponent good luck and just to have fun with this really short debate.
TeddyKyle

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate. Since it is only a one round debate, I'll just give it all I got. I have done some researching and studying regardings this topic and here I will post my findings and prove that you are indeed born gay.

Scientific researchers specializing in human sexuality have shown that homosexuality is genetic (and that people are born gay). I am unaware of any study that has ever suggested that sexual orientation is a choice.

Scientific research from October 2004 that was replicated in June 2008 stated that scientists have found that women tend to have more children when they inherit the same genetic factors linked to homosexuality in men. This fertility boost more than compensates for the lack of offspring fathered by gay men, and keeps the “gay” genetic factors in circulation. A lead researcher said "You have all this antagonism against homosexuality because they say it's against nature because it doesn't lead to reproduction. We found out this is not true because homosexuality is just one of the consequences of strategies for making females more fecund" and that their findings offered "a solution to the Darwinian paradox and an explanation of why natural selection does not progressively eliminate homosexuals."

A 2005 study reported genetic scans showing a clustering of the same genetic pattern among gay men on three chromosomes - chromosomes 7, 8, and 10. The regions on chromosome 7 and 8 were associated with male sexual orientation regardless of whether the man got them from his mother or father. The regions on chromosome 10 were only associated with male sexual orientation if they were inherited from the mother.

A study published in Human Genetics in February 2006 examined X chromosome inactivation in mothers of gay sons and mothers whose sons were not gay. Researchers found extreme differences between women who had gay sons and women who did not.

A study from 2006 said that researchers have known for years that a man's likelihood of being gay rises with the number of older biological brothers, but the new study found that the so-called "fraternal birth order effect" persists even if gay men were raised away from their biological families & that "the research suggests that the development of sexual orientation is influenced before birth."

Seeing the overwhelming evidence, I hope that the audience agrees with me! Thank you.
Posted by TD29 5 years ago
TD29
Con, what do those studies suggest of women? I took a quick glance and did not notice you address the the mentioned sex.
Posted by TeddyKyle 5 years ago
TeddyKyle
I would have under normal circumstances, unfortunately my opponent had specifically instructed me not to post any sources and instead "do my own research and study" regarding this topic.
Posted by mrsmooth27 5 years ago
mrsmooth27
You missed a point - the evidence of homosexuality's being caused by hormonal factors in the womb.

Still, though, I hope you enjoyed shooting that fish in the barrel. I'd have criticized you for starting a debate with that subject, if you had been the instigator.
Posted by jar2187 5 years ago
jar2187
"Your not born gay" what?
Posted by Jillianl 5 years ago
Jillianl
Teddykyle, can you post your sources, I'd love to take a look at them! :)
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
ok bro good luck.
Posted by TeddyKyle 5 years ago
TeddyKyle
Forget it, I'll accept the debate for the heck of it. Will post my arguments tomorrow! :)
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
sure bro i just was bored my bad, i finished all my exams all that so i checking out today of high school. just was bored when ever though. lol
Posted by TeddyKyle 5 years ago
TeddyKyle
Can this wait till tomorrow? I'm already in the middle of a debate and I have exams tomorrow. I promise I'll accept it tomorrow. Sorry :3
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pt to Pro for making a likely unpopular topic, 2 pt to Con for making a solid refutation.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided no support for his opinions, and did not argue "being gay" but rather only "acting gay." Heterosexuals similarly have a choice of how they act, but not what they are. Con should have lined or cited the studies he called upon, but the casual reference were better than nothing. Pro had nothing.
Vote Placed by BennyW 5 years ago
BennyW
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was almost incoherent.
Vote Placed by mrsmooth27 5 years ago
mrsmooth27
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Contender had the factually correct position, debated politely, used teh grammerz, used facts, and used facts. 6
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very obvious.
Vote Placed by lliwill 5 years ago
lliwill
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Aceviper, that was easily the worst debate that I've ever seen.
Vote Placed by Jillianl 5 years ago
Jillianl
Aceviper2011TeddyKyleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins with the logic.