Your opinion, while amusing, is irrelevant.

CuriousFear has forfeited round #4.
Started: 8/28/2016 Category: Funny
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

As the pro in this debate, I will prove that your opinions, even though they are amusing and fun to entertain, is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Definition to opinion: "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

Unless you are a professional practitioner of some sort that is on the job and exercising your profession, your views about the world are completely irrelevant. I'm not denying that it is wrong to have an opinion, but expressing your opinion, no matter how passionate you are about it, literally means nothing.

This both applies to subjective truths and objective truths.

Here are subjective reasons why your opinion doesn't matter, and why you will fail to convince me otherwise:

1. I don't know you.

2. You don't employ me.

3. You're not my parents and didn't raise me.

3. You're not my spouse.

4. You're not God.

5. I'm assuming you're extremely hard to look at.

Now, you might be asking yourself why these are valid reasons as to why your opinion is irrelevant. As I have stated earlier, your opinions are only meaningful to you, and in my subjective experience, you and your opinions have absolutely no power to sway me otherwise solely based on the fact that you don't have any remote impact on my life. You don't get out of bed for me. You don't brush my teeth for me. You don't make my wife breakfast for me. You don't go to work for me. You don't put up with my co workers for me. Therefore, the streams of consciousness emanating from your brain does nothing productive, and if it does nothing productive in my life, it's meaningless. It doesn't matter if you pray or call me on the phone; Your opinion is just as useless to me as Trump's opinion about his daughter.

Let's move on to objective reasoning to why your opinion means nothing:

Does it matter that you are super opposed to any politician and everything he/she stands for? Well, it's definitely insightful to entertain those ideas, but in the ultimate scheme of how it all works, your opinion means nothing.

This is why opinion polls are unreliable. This is why Sociology is considered a "soft science."

Collecting data that that's based on opinion isn't reflective of peoples' actions. If it isn't representative of your sample group, then you can't draw any sound conclusions about any topic. That's right, actions are what matter, not what you or anyone else thinks. We can quantify and measure actions, but opinion polls and surveys? No. They are educated guesses at best.

Another example would be this cultural focus on "racism" in America. Take this white man for instance:

Notice all of the insults he was saying. He even went as far as to make chimp noises to insult black people. But how is his opinion even valid enough to be considered a racist act? His opinion didn't create anything violent. His critics did however, and not by opinion, but by action. The man you see in this video lost his job because some people online found out where he worked, and his employers promptly fired him for merely holding an unpopular opinion.

I ask you, as ugly as his opinion was, did it matter in the greater context of race on any measurable scale? No. I will emphasize this point again; your opinions don't matter. Your actions do.

In conclusion, your opinions, as I have shown, count for nothing. I have presented evidence and walked you though both subjective and objective points of view and reasoning why my opponent's opinions are utterly meaningless.

As the quotation went in Douglas Adam's, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": "Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'"

I support Sharia Law.

Opponent: "I support Shariah law."

First, lets start by defining support:

"To give assistance to, especially financially."

As I have said earlier, opinions and actions are two distinctly different things. Supporting Shariah law is an action. It's something you are doing physically through your everyday living.

If it was your opinion, you would say, "I think Shariah law is a good way to govern society," which, as we all know at this point, is fundamentally useless.

you win xd

Since my opponent forefits victory to me, I shall spend the rest of the round time complimenting him.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. May your mug always be full with beer and your and your charm ever pleasing.

Vote pro guys

You're looking dashing today, spooderman.