Neonix
owen99999

Youtube debate: Topic -"In the Beginning..."

Neonix

Neonix

Pro

Youtube Video Debate-

The topic is Secular Genesis(CON) vs. Biblical Genesis (PRO)

Also known as "Science vs. Religion" concerning the beginning of the Universe.

The only source limitation is: You must use Youtube Videos.
I will be debating for Biblical Genesis (Pro).

Rules:

No text arguments (At All)
-Neither side is allowed to use the Comments section
-Only Youtube Videos may be used to argue
-
Each video can not exceed 5 minutes
-No more than 2 videos may be posted per round, per side.
-Round 1 is acceptance only. (Opponent may write "I accept".)
-You may NOT film yourself and place the video on youtube. All arguments shall be third party.
-Videos may not contain profanity or outright slander. (We can poke a little fun, but no flagrant attacks.)

I wanted to see if this format works. Let's try to have fun with it.

owen99999

Con

I accept your debate and wish you luck (Btw if you feel like changing the rules about the 5 mins thing than state in your next round as to be informative videos often need to be longer than 5).
owen99999

Con

You'll like the second one ;)
owen99999

Con

owen99999 forfeited this round.
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
owen99999, you're still not getting it. The debate is in the voting period. You are not supposed to use any of your own material to sway the voter. No comments, no remarks like:"You'll like the second video"....no text. The debate is over. You blatantly disregarded the rules. I don't care who wins or looses and I don't much care for your "banana video" remarks. I know creationists present a lot of garbage. THAT's not the point. You're giving me a nosebleed with your banality. Just let it go. You utterly failed to see the point and you pretty much ruined a fun attempt at something new. Go troll somewhere else.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
I understand it was just a kindof experiment and I totally respect that but I only started using text AFTER the debate finished thus rendering my actions within the rules. All I was saying is, if you ever do this again, make the time limit longer because in general creationist videos tend to be 'oh look a banana perfectly fits a human hand!' but evolution videos aren't just 'what about a pineapple?!' they tend to have more substance in them. If I get time I'll post a couple of useful videos on here about evolution and the big bang that you can watch and if you're an open minded person; I'm sure they'll substancially change your viewpoint.
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
owen99999, you've read the rules, right? No comment section access, no text arguments. This was to be purely based on videos.
This debate was not about winning or losing, it was an experiment....a novelty debate. Nothing more. I would have appreciated your full cooperation. This is rather disappointing. Posting arguments in the comment section is also quite weak. I purposely picked a topic that has an impossible burden of proof. I wasn't looking for evidence, I wanted to test a different medium. Obviously, I could make a plethora of arguments that you can't find on youtube. I don't know...I guess if the judges want to judge the substance of your arguments, they can include the below videos. It doesn't really matter. The debate was botched when you started using text.

Please read the rules next time.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
Sorry I didn't make the last round. I've had a stressful week! None the less I think my videos stand for themselves and tbh mate if you do this again you need to make the time limit longer. Videos explaining the big bang and evolution need more time than some religious video. The content is more complicated.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
Posted by Iamthejuan 5 years ago
Iamthejuan
this was a great idea I wanna steal it now lol
Posted by GenesisCreation 5 years ago
GenesisCreation
owen99999, You're not doing the debate justice if you're gonna accept with that kind of additude. I'd like to see someone who actually wants to try this in the spirit of "fun" challenge him. I'd do it, but I don't want to be biased. I agree with Pro's stance.
Posted by GenesisCreation 5 years ago
GenesisCreation
How is it a terrible debate? It clearly an experiment and it's clearly for fun. I also don't think Pro is at an advantage. I bet Pro will lose, just because most people will not actually watch every video....and judge on simple bias.

Also, both sides are accepting the burden of proof, since a video cannot directly refute another video. (Well, its very improbable.)

Don't take it so serious. If Pro was worried about his win percentage, I doubt he would have sponsored this debate.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
@Stephen Hawkins

I agree with you but I'm going to accept it anyway though I'm sure it wont be long before I'm punching my screen with frustration unable to explain why his video is a load of rubbish.
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Terrible debate, I guarantee the videos by PRO will be gish galloping on so many claims CON cannot refute...debating is a poor format for entertaining these views.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Neonixowen99999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "args" even, the conduct to pro for the FF by co