Daniel5723
krayracker

Youtube is better than tv

Daniel5723

Pro

YouTube is better than TV for two reasons.First of all, YouTube allows you to watch whatever you want whenever you want.Somthing TV does not do.Secondly,YouTube is free whereas you usually have to pay for cable every month.
krayracker

Con

At the moment I am very busy, but I don't want to forfeit a round. Is it okay if I can post it in the comments?
Daniel5723

Pro

Yes,you can post your argument in the comments.
krayracker

Con

Please see comments.
Daniel5723

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for his rebuttal.Anyway,my opponent stated that content on tv is more interesting then content on YouTube.I would like to remind him that you can usually find episodes of tv shows on YouTube.This means that you can watch content from tv and more on YouTube.My opponent also stated that you can't watch YouTube everywhere because somtimes you are not on WiFi and YouTube is blocked in some countries.While this is true,in my previous argument I only said you can watch whatever you want whenever you want.I never said wherever.Good luck to my opponent on his argument
krayracker

Con

krayracker forfeited this round.
Daniel5723

Pro

Too bad my opponent forfeited the last round.Anyway, I forgot to point out somthing in my last argument.My opponent pointed out that some YouTube channels require payment to watch.This is only true for few channels but you always have to pay for tv.Also,these YouTube channels only charge about 5$ at the most and cable providers usually charge at least 10-20$ a month.Hopefully my opponent won't forfeit the final round.
krayracker

Con

I am very sorry about that. I am at a sleep-away camp and I have tons of homework to do. My opponents statement about how you can usually find tv content on youtube is untrue. That would be known as pirating with is illegal. Also, you can not watch whatever you want on youtube. Unless you have an account that is verified to be 18 years or older, you aren't allowed to watch some videos. You can not also watch youtube whenever you want. If you don't have wifi, you can't watch youtube at that point in time. I also would like to state that my opponents arguments have no impact. This renders all of his arguments useless. I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.
Posted by krayracker 2 years ago
krayracker
Here are my sources for that argument:

[1] Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
[2] Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)
[3] The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (http://kff.org...)
[4] Youtube (https://www.youtube.com...)
Posted by krayracker 2 years ago
krayracker
Second Round Debate Argument:

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent for allowing me to post my round in the comments.

Let me define a few things:

Better: higher in quality (Merriam-Webster)

Television: programs that are broadcast by television (Merriam-Webster)

Something being better than something else is an opinion.

I would first like to make a few points. TV has a wide range of shows ranging from cooking, to cartoons, to documentaries, to reality TV. The shows that you watch on TV are often more professional and interesting to the mass of videos you find on Youtube.

Many of the videos on youtube are uninteresting to people. There are often a small percentage of all the channels on youtube that people regularly watch. What does this show? It shows that Youtube cannot guarantee quality videos every time you watch something. According to kff.org, the average kid watches 38 minutes of TV, compared to only 15 minutes of Youtube. This shows kids often watch more TV than Youtube. This shows that kids have a longer attention span for TV, which means they are more interested in it.

Now let me respond to my opponents earlier argument. You cannot watch Youtube wherever you want. If you don't have wifi where you are, you cannot watch Youtube. In fact, some parts of Youtube are blocked in Germany and China.

My opponent also stated that Youtube is free. This as a matter of fact isn't true because some channels require payment. For example, /DRIVE+ on youtube requires you to pay $3.99 a month for you to watch it's videos. This breaks down my opponent's two arguments.

Thank You