Gohan12345
JohnnyS101

Yugioh is better then pokemon

JohnnyS101
Started: 10/30/2013 Category: TV

Gohan12345

Pro

We all know that Yugioh is a very popular series. The card game is mainly favored by most people. Yugioh is the king of duels much more better then animals hitting each other. Yugioh also teaches strategy while Pok"mon just teaches completely nothing.
Yugioh is also fun and easy to play and have a more better series. The best part in Zexel the part when astro and Yuma joined forces to make a ultimate duelist. Can Pok"mon do that? No!! because they are stupid little animals who think they are strong. The weakest Pok"mon I would say is slow poke and that sloth Pok"mon.
And there are too many Pok"mon to keep track of.
Here is my reason.
One last thing. Pok"mon ruins childhood memories
JohnnyS101

Con

I do not know much about Yugioh, I did own a few stacks of cards and did watch a few shows but nothing with comparison to Pokemon. I would have to completely disagree with you here. Pokemon is one of the most popular anime shows/games on the planet and they post record sales and views all the time. Sure, when Pokemon first started there was not much strategy but to fight and level up, but with the new editions and EV training, Pokemon has gotten rid of all of that. I mean, Pokemon is easily the best out of the two and by far. Nobody has even heard of Yugioh in years.
Gohan12345

Pro

Lets move on to round 2.
1.pokemon games are whack dueling network has many players online
2. Pok"mon is not the best show lets just say that.
3. the main character is very stupid. I would rather watch beyblade then that.
4. The cards and gameplay make no sense all you do is put 2 cards down and see which is stronger Yugioh you can use effects and tools and actually battle.
5. New Pok"mon games are just games that want to spend your money later on kids will say they don't like the game and they will throw out 30-40$ of money thrown away.
6. Pok"mon's are also weak talk about a fire type beating aqua when was the last time fire can beat water like how can water not beat fire.
7.POKEMON USE TO BE GOOD TILL IT CAME TO A DOWN FALL. May and dawn ruined it. Ash also ruined most of it
JohnnyS101

Con

I'll respond to your rebuttal using each of your points.
1. Pokemon just started the online network, it still has been a strategic move by move game loved by many.
2. Pokemon isn't the best show but is one of the top animes ever made.
3. Ash is one of the most iconic figures in any type of series in any entertainment medium.
4. The card gameplay actually does make sense, you lay down cards and certain moves has certain hit points, you also have to lay down the number of required element cards to perform the move, you just do not understand the card game.
5. Kids love the games, that's why pokemon games still hold their value and sell by the millions.
6. Fire moves hardly affect water type pokemon, but a hit is a hit. Try Water on fire and the move will be 'super-effective'.
7. Pokemon was better back in the day in my opinion, of course I say this because it was my generation, but it still is very strong, look at Pokemon X and Y for the 3DS, it broke a few records.
Gohan12345

Pro

Pok"mon has no value in watching it. Even naruto is better then that and Dragonballz but Yugioh can top Pok"mon the best. Image chazard vs. blue eyes dragon. We all know who wins. Yugioh is a game about strategy. There is also a educational value in it too. Even krillin can beat the stuffing out of Pikachu. Yugioh has been by many people and has popular ever since. The shows are great and storylines good. Even misty hates ash now. Pok"mon is old get in with the new. Even beyblade can beat Pok"mon. Too many Pok"mon to keep track of. Pok"mon is going down hill. Pok"mon is too babyish Yugioh is a show for mature and people who enjoy watching it
JohnnyS101

Con

Now you are just comparing different worlds. Who knows how those scenarios would play out. Pokemon is as strong as every and there is clear evidence of that within the sales. Case in point, I believe I am done.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Pok"mon still sucks and so ur saying blue eyes white dragon cannot beat chazard
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
P.S. Gohan Kriiln can only beat Yamcha and Hercule and Bayblade is worse than Pok"mon because its tops spinning in circles not vary exiting and there is no proof that Misty hates Ash but the show is down the crapper with out Brock there is no show but Red will bring it back. Where the hell do you get your facts exept for Krillin thats just a joke.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Both shows became kinda sucky but the games both card and video are still pretty cool also I would like to bring up the Pok"mon card game doesn't teach anything is a lie it actually has more difficult stragy than yugioh.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
Vote for pro
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Any one here about the new version of the Pok"mon anime
Vote Placed by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
Gohan12345JohnnyS101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses conduct for statements like "because they are stupid little animals." S&G is obvious. Most of Pr's points weren't actual points, and Con parried well. But, yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh! is better, lol.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Gohan12345JohnnyS101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Two words: No Evidence. None. Sales references? Whaaaat? I felt that neither side engaged in the debate well; there was little actual clash. Thanks for the entertaining debate, though!