AllIdoisWin
EnchantedPlatinum

Zelda is a Better Franchise than Mario

AllIdoisWin has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

AllIdoisWin

Pro

The debate of if Zelda or Mario is a better franchise has been fought by Nintendo fans for over 30 years. While both franchise are different I think Zelda is by far the better franchise. Look at all of the Mario games. You'll notice that they are all incredibly similar. The Zelda games have things that are similar, but never exactly the same. Zelda, Ganon, and Link may be in every game, but each version of them has different traits that make that games version unique. Peach, Bowser, and Mario are almost exactly the same in every game. Mario was great in the past when people wanted simple, quick games, but now people want longer, more exciting experiences. Breath of the Wild gives an experience like that, and it is as revolutionary as Super Mario Bros. Zelda didn't just become revolutionary though, the original Legend of Zelda paved the path for all open world games. Those are just some of the reasons why Zelda is by far a better franchise than Mario.
EnchantedPlatinum

Con

I will accept your challenge and argue in favour of Mario as the better franchise.

For my first argument, I will list reasons that demonstrate Mario as a better franchise in a bulleted format for simplicity.

-The Mario franchise has had many widely successful spinoffs, each offering drastically different gameplay experiences. This Includes Super Mario RPG, The Paper Mario games, Mario and Luigi, Luigi's Mansion, M. Kart, M. Party, et cetera. Clearly, the franchise has excellent game designers. On the contrary, Hyrule Warriors was not very good or very creative.

-The Core Mario games offer very simple and intuitive controls, but a wide range of levels, with various gimmicks (Bouncy Mushrooms) and different levels of challenge (World 1 vs Bowser's Castle).

-Unlike the Legend of Zelda, Mario's supporting characters are beloved and marketable, compare Yoshi and Impa or Toad and the Goron King.

There are, of course, more points to make but my writing space is limited.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
I guess I wrongly assumed that someone whose name is "All I do is Win" would have at least one win...