Zendaya is the best celebrity

Started: 1/27/2014 Category: Arts

I am challenging pro to this debate. I will be in favour of explaining how Zendaya is indeed definitely not the best celebrity. Pro will be in favour of such. First round acceptance.

I accept your challenge. Zendaya is the best celeb

I thank my opponent for accepting this challenge.

Now to begin:

A celebrity is a "A famous person." [1] However this can also extended to other things such as animals and robots :D. So basically anyone who is well known, or famous is a celebrity. Among these celebrities is Zendaya, and dancer on Disney's "Shake it up". She is a girl who dances, sings and acts. And she is obviously not the best celebrity.

Take Beethoven for example. Beethoven was an amazing composer, who wrote 9 symphonies. And to add on to that, he was deaf. Imagine how difficult it is to write music without being able to hear it. Despite of Beethoven's hard of hearing, he was able to create amazing music. Also to make things worst, his dad was and alcoholic. And the even more amazing part is that his music survived over 200 years. To this day, we still remember a variety of the movements in his symphonies. [2]To this day, I can't even remember the melody to Zendaya's popular song "Replay". Her music will definitely not survive as long as Beethoven, and she didn't face the same difficulties, making Beethoven the superior celebrity.

And don't forget Martin Luther king. He was a huge part of destroying segregation. He fought for everyone's rights, regardless of colour of skin. And then he was assassinated. Still, to this day, we remember him. He is a much better celebrity than Zendaya, because he fought against all odds. [3] Zendaya came 2nd place on dancing with the stars and can't even get nominated in anything except for the teen choice awards.

Oh and I can't get Malala Yousafzai. She is an amazing young lady who fights for girls to be allowed to have an education. And she was even shot for doing such. That is how amazing her work is, her work is so amazing that someone wanted to stop it. It made such a difference that the Taliban wanted to stop it. [4]

All of these celebrities are far superior to Zendaya. Because of such, Zendaya is obviously not the best celebrity.

Born in 1996, Zendaya Coleman started acting as a child, appearing in productions at the California Shakespeare Theater and other theatrical companies near her hometown of Oakland, California. Zendaya attended the Oakland School for the Arts. In 2010, she made her television debut in the popular tween comedy series Shake It Up with Bella Thorne. Zendaya signed a recording deal with Hollywood Records in 2012. The following year,

Early Life
Television Star
Other Projects

"I'm really used to hip hop dancing ... So I kind of have to forget what I know and restart all over again."

[On competing on "Dancing with the Stars."]

" Zendaya Coleman
she competed on Dancing with the Stars.

Early Life

Born on September 1, 1996, in Oakland, California, actress and singer Zendaya Coleman comes from a theatrical background. As the daughter of a stage manager, she spent much of her youth hanging around the California Shakespeare Theater. She also trained in the theater's youth program and appeared in some of its productions.

During her days as a student at the Oakland School for the Arts, Zendaya landed a number of roles in local theatrical productions. She also honed her craft at the American Conservatory Theater and the Cal Shakes Conservatory. Zendaya had an interest in dance as well. She was a member of the Future Shock Oakland dance group for several years, and studied hula dancing at the Academy of Hawaiian Arts.

In addition to her theatrical work, Zendaya had some early success as a model, working for companies such as Macy's and Old Navy. For a Sears commercial, Zendaya performed as a back-up dancer for Selena Gomez. She eventually decided to use only her first name professionally. "Zendaya" means "to give thanks" in the language of the Shona people of Zimbabwe.

Television Star

In 2010, Zendaya saw her career take off with the debut of Shake It Up on the Disney Channel. The then-14-year-old performer described the show to McClatchy-Tribune Business News as "a buddy comedy about two best friends who dream of becoming professional dancers and finally get their chance when they get to audition for their favorite show."

Zendaya and her co-star, Bella Thorne, have become tween idols to their young fan base. The songs they've sung on the show, including "Something to Dance For," have been hit downloads with their target audience, and their two characters have become so popular that they even inspired their own fashion line.

Outside of her hit show, Zendaya lent her voice to the animated television movie Pixie Hollow Games (2011). She has also made guest appearances on such series as A.N.T. Farm and Good Luck Charlie, and starred with Thorne in the 2012 television movie Frenemies.

In 2013, Zendaya made the switch from the imaginary dance show to the popular televised competition Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with professional dancer Val Chmerkovskiy on the show, and competed against such celebrities as Andy Dick, Kellie Pickler and Aly Raisman. Her previous experience, however, didn't prove to be much help. As she told Good Morning America, "I'm really used to hip hop dancing ... So I kind of have to forget what I know and restart all over again."

Your argument is completely irrelevant. In your entire 2 round entry, you showed the biography of this terrible celebrity, Zendaya. You have no arguments supporting that Zendaya is the best celebrity. You have also not addressed my previous points. To add on, you simply copy pasted from your last argument with the same topic. The other debate is entitled "Zendaya is the best celeb." [1] You have no valid arguments, and no rebuttals. In addition, you copy pasted form the source you used. Ever heard of plagiarism, or quotation marks?

As I said earlier, there are many much better celebrities. Last round I have explained how Beethoven, Malala Yousafzai and Martin Luther King are much better celebrities than Zendaya. They have all made a change in the world, something Zendaya has never acomplished. She has only been in a TV show, an a dance competition that she didn't even win. How could she possibly be the best celebrity? She wasn't even nominated in any important award shows that give people awards for things such as acting, singing and dancing. With all this proof, i can conclude that Zendaya is indeed not the best celebrity. If anything, she is one of the worst.

I think Zendaya is the best celeb because she's a great role model and she did a lot of great things in this past year. Like she was one point away from winning dancing with the stars.

Pro has not addressed any of my arguments once again. I repeated myself just to give her a chance at rebutting them, yet she still doesn't. In addition, her first argument was plagiarism, if you read her source, you will realise she copied the exact words of it. Last time I checked, plagiarism is a crime, correct me if I'm wrong.

"I think Zendaya is the best celeb because she's a great role model and she did a lot of great things in this past year. Like she was one point away from winning dancing with the stars."

Great role model? As you said, she came second place in dancing with the stars. She wasn't even able to win! She is teaching children that when you follow your dreams, you still won't win. Great message isn't it?

Zendaya did not accomplish anything, or changed the lives of anyone. She simply entertained people, and did not accomplish any important goals. She can't even win in an event that she dedicated her life for. (dancing with the stars)
There are many people have changed the world, saved many, and can sing and dance better than Zendaya. So, basically, Zendaya is not the best celebrity, because she did not accomplish major goals, and isn't the best at what she does.

I will not say much, and give pro 1 final chance the rebuttal the same arguments I have been repeating.

I think she's great because she's done a lot of great things

"I think she's great because she's done a lot of great things"

First of all, you did not put a period at the end of the sentience, giving me points for spelling and grammar. Furthermore, she still not addressed any of my arguments, while I have addressed all of hers. In addition, she committed an act of plagiarism, which gives me points for conduct. First of all, she didn't do anything revolutionary. She has simply been in a TV show, made a song, and came 2nd in a dancing competition. This doesn't make her the best celebrity. There are celebrities that changed the world, through art, writing and music. They are all better than Zendaya, because they made a bigger change, have better art, dancing and music, and can actually win something they dedicated their life for, they didn't come in second place.

Final arguments:

Thousands of people make a change in the world, and they are well known, like Martin Luther King. There are also many amazing dancers much better than Zendaya like the Jabbawockeez. There are much better singers than Zendaya, like every single member of the Beatles. Even Miley Cyrus is a better singer than Zendaya. And of course there are thousands of better actors.

In conclusion, there are many people who do what Zendaya does, but better. In fact, they also do more things. Zendaya can't even win a dancing show. She dedicated her life to dancing, but she can't even win a dancing show. There are many other celebrities that have changed the world, and have done much more than Zendaya, making Zendaya impossible of being the best celebrity.

Vote for con, because con has addressed all of Pro's arguments. Also, Pro has committed an act of plagiarism, and didn't address ANY of con's arguments.

I am sorry that I haven't been trying my best. Teachers decided to pile homework on us because of the three snow days in a row.
Posted by NarutoUzamaki 2 years ago
I understand every time I have a project done my teacher gives another one after that and It is not fair and I have multiple classes
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
I hate when this happens, sometimes when someone's arguments are so good, the opponent doesn't even bother responding. I hope my opponent doesn't do such.
Vote Placed by urapai 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I know this seems like an unfair vote, but it is fair. First of all, Con gets points for conduct since pro committed an act of plagiarism. Secondly, he had superior spelling and grammar, since pro did not put a period at the end of her round 4 argument. Con had much more convincing arguments, as he explained what makes a celebrity, and why there are thousands of better celebrities than Zendaya. And lastly, con had more reliable sources than pro. Con won hands down.