Zeus' existence can not be proven or disproved

Zeus the great Greek God of the sky cannot be proven or disproved.

I accept, and will be disproving the existence of Zeus in this debate.

Zeus (In mythology): The ruler of the Greek Gods and Goddesses, husband of Hera, and God of the sky. I'll be using some stories about this character in order to support my argument that Zues does not exist.

I'll let my opponent make his arguments now, good luck and thank you for instigating this debate!

There is no way to prove the nonexistence or existence of a deity as there is no quantifiable test that can prove existence or nonexistence. The argument stating "proof can be found by simply dying" is an invalid argument as that argument would also have to argue the existence of a soul as we all know a dead man cannot know anything.

As I have made the mistake before of overestimating my opponents intelligence(previous debate not this one) I must emphasize that it must be a WORLD accepted fact.

Arcanas forfeited this round.

I have nothing to say. seeing as I have no proof on my end and there is no way to prove, i have nothing to say. I would like to thank my opponent for not being difficult and making ridiculous claims.

Arcanas forfeited this round.

I extend my argument

Thank you Pro.

Disproving Zues:

This is a pretty popular argument that I'll use to disprove Zeus.

P1) A being that owes its existence to other beings cannot be the being than which none greater can be conceived.

This is fairly obvious. One who requires a certain set of beings to make it exist cannot be greater than said beings by definition. It's self evident that this is true.

P2) Zeus owes his existence to other beings.
Zeus owes his existence to the Greeks.

Conclusion: Therefore, Zeus cannot be the being than which none greater can be conceived.

Follows logically from the premises.

Essentially, because humans exist and created Zeus, Zeus cannot be greater than them. Seeing as how Zeus is supposedly the greatest of all that exists, it is a clear contradiction which disproves him.

Because my opponent and I both only offered one round of arguments (Pro made *no* attempt to argue in his other rounds, meaning they might as we'll have been forfeits) please evaluate them based off of which one is more convincing rather than who rebutted the other's best.

Vote Con.
Posted by RhettBaron 1 year ago
are you not going to debate me?
Posted by DrewMcD 1 year ago
This can be done with God, Allah, or any other being. The reasoning is because Zeus is supernatural, and supernatural beings cannot be tested. Therefore, you can not prove he is not there/non existence, but you also can't prove he is.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
i will find a pretty Black unicorn with a golden horn in the forest one day i just know it!
Posted by AlternativeDavid 1 year ago
And thus religion
Vote Placed by NateTheFirst 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con disproved the existence of Zeus. Pro gets conduct for forfeits and because Con waited until last round to post main arguments.