The-Red-Outlaw
Kenneth_Stokes

Zoos - Good or Bad?

The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

I will be arguing that zoos are beneficial and gainful, while my opponent disagrees and argues that zoos are bad. First round is acceptence. I look forward to a good debate.

Definitions:
Zoo - the facility where wild animals are housed for exhibition
Kenneth_Stokes

Con

I accept your definition of a zoo and also look forward to a good debate.
The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

The-Red-Outlaw forfeited this round.
Kenneth_Stokes

Con

My argument will be based on the motion that zoos are bad for animals AND humans.

May I begin by saying that an animal of any kind that resides in a zoo is simply unnatural and irregular for the animal. The animal has an extremely limited environment to wonder in, which makes them feel trapped, insecure, and can in many cases lead to depression or a lack of motivation. Not only that, but in many cases the environment the animal kept in is artificial or cramped, which prevents the animal from expressing itself.

Secondly, the animals can see hundreds of clamorous humans staring, pointing, banging on the windows, and shouting, day in and out, everyday. This, again, makes the animal insecure and stresses it, which can cause unpredictable fits of rage, which can lead to zookeepers being killed along with other innocent animals that reside with it.

Third, the animals are, most of the time, taken away from their spouse and placed in unfamiliar environments without any kin. This, again, stresses and depresses the animal, causing unusual behavior, including self-harm. Such things are horrid for on viewers to witness. Especially children.

Zoos have a negative effect on humans as well. The mere sight of zoos forces society to believe that it is morally right for animals to be caged and mistreated. Which leads them to find animals being caged in a farm acceptable. It isn't.

Overall, zoos are immoral. They are, especially in poorer countries, insufficient and unsanitary. An animal should not have to be imprisoned for human entertainment. To say that zoos are for knowledge is false, as because of the forced living conditions the animal experiences, the animal isn't as active as it should be, causing them to become dormant or angry, which are not natural. One could learn more about an animal from television than one can from seeing it as a zoo.
The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

The-Red-Outlaw forfeited this round.
Kenneth_Stokes

Con

Vote Con (me).
Posted by The-Red-Outlaw 4 years ago
The-Red-Outlaw
Sorry but I must forfeit this debate. I'm terribly sorry :(
Posted by BrooklynHaze 4 years ago
BrooklynHaze
Zoo's are unnatural, it's as obvious as the suns heat on a summer day (to anything with the ability to sense).

Ask yourself;
Are the animals in their natural habitat?
Are the animals as active to their equal counterparts NOT in Zoo's?
Are the animals ever taken from their family forcefully?

If any of those are yes, then Zoo's are NOT "good".