dairygirl4u2c
Brianhead97

a father should have more say in preventing an abortion than is currently allowed

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

women should not have ultiamte say in whether to abort or not. a bottomline, is that if women are able to hold a man liable for child support and financially, he should be able to hold her to the pregnancy to some extent, and also finanicially. it takes two to tango in terms of getting a woman pregnant, so there should be shared responsibilties and rights. id propose that a man cannot force the abortion, but he should be able to stop the abortion, at least after a few months deference to the woman. three months is plenty of time for a woman to figure out she's pregnant and do what she wants. after that, the man should have some say in the matter too. it is her body, but she also has enough time to abort, and has to take responsibility for getting pregnant too.
of course, there's mother's health and fetal defects that could be deferred to the woman at all points of pregnancy.
Brianhead97

Con

No the father should not have more to say in abortions than what is currently allowed. The father does not fully understand the emotional and physical changes have a child is. And what if this girl was raped, how do you settle this? Also having the father have a bigger input takes lots of time for testing, and what if the parents disagree? How do you resolve the disagreement, Rock Paper Scissors? It is not fair on the women because the male does not have to stick about the whole time, but if the women doesn't choose abortion then the women is stuck with the child. It is inconvenient and unfair for the father to have more control in abortions.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

okay there can be rape and incest exceptions. of course still with with the mother's health exceptions.
he doesn't need to understand the emotional and physical changes. she had enough time to abort with my system, and they share responsibility, so he should have input. the father has a huge finanacial stake or could be stuck with the child himself with the current system. it's only fair that it could be possible the woman could be stuck or with financially responsible.
a quick DNA test could resolve any of those disputes, if there are any. the male may not stick around, but that's the risk involved with giving fathers more rights. it's always possible a father would be given the child an the mother runs off.
inconvenience isn't enough of a concern, when it come to being more fair and giving mroe say in the matter.
Brianhead97

Con

Brianhead97 forfeited this round.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
Brianhead97

Con

Brianhead97 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheUnapologeticTruth 3 years ago
TheUnapologeticTruth
women want to have their cake and eat it too... If you become pregnant and I don't want it but you carry to term, you can legally force me to pay child support. If we had a good relationship and you become pregnant but all of a sudden you don't want the child but I do, you can legally kill MY child. Just because nature dictates that you carry it doesn't give you the right to kill what is HALF of me. If I want it and you don't then you should carry it and the man should pay all the medical expenses. After childbirth you forfeit all rights to my child. This shouldn't even be a debate considering that abortion is murder anyways... but alas this world is full of dumb people who are pro abortion but should've been aborted themselves...
Posted by Britny 3 years ago
Britny
oh man! i wish i would've seen this sooner! I would LOVE to debate this topic!! Especially since i'm torn between pro and con and could've fought for either side!! it would've been one heck of a debate too!! darn!!
Posted by dairygirl4u2c 3 years ago
dairygirl4u2c
this argument is so unheard of, i am almost surely going to lose.
Posted by induced 3 years ago
induced
how could that even work? would a woman need to get a DNA of the father and his approval in order to get an abortion? also, what if she was raped but it couldnt be proven? her rapist could force her to have the baby and then get visitation rights. hell no
Posted by Noctan 3 years ago
Noctan
I'd definitely accept this if I did have the time, but I'm too busy with regular life and other debates
Posted by Noctan 3 years ago
Noctan
So you think he shouldn't have a say if he wants an abortion, only if he doesn't? How does that logic work?