biorage282
TheSquirrel

a man should have the right to refuse a abortion

biorage282

biorage282

Pro

I want you to take a second and imagine, you're an adult and you got the great news that you're having a baby. your all excited, telling your friends,family and in the highlight of it all, your baby is gone, you're told you're not having the baby, you have no choice in the matter, you're just denied the your right to have a child. The sad thing is this actually happens to people, and it happens more than once in a while. I'm going to be talking about the very controversial topic on a mans right in the say to a abortion, i'll have reasons like how no one should have their child stolen away when you did nothing wrong, women should have to keep the kid but are allowed to opt of of being a parent, and men and women should have the same rights as a parent. women believe they should be equal. well start acting like it!
TheSquirrel

Con

I look forward to an interesting and civil debate. As Pro begins with an appeal to emotion, I shall as well.
Imagine this scenario. You are a women having a personal conversation with your doctor. You find out the worst; your birth control failed, and now you are in the very very early stages of pregnancy. It was a meaningless one night stand, you doesn't want this child, you're too young, all the various personal reasons you might want to get an abortion. You decide to get in touch with the man and tell him about your decision. Before you know it, you are under constant supervision, you are forbidden from going to your doctor alone for fear you'll get your abortion anyway and if you do what? Prison? Is it murder? Theft?
If Pro had his way this complete stranger would suddenly be able to destroy YOUR right to an abortion simply because it was his sperm that got lucky enough to reach an egg. Not merely interfere with your right, but turn the exercise of it into a crime.
Imagine the pain and suffering you would be forced through (not to mention the danger, births resulting in the death of the mother are still not uncommon) against your will.
No one should force you to receive or not receive any care you and your doctor agree on, it's not their place. Of course, I am nothing if not a believer in healthy middles and mitigating circumstances. Perhaps Pro and I could come to some agreement on specific situations (mental health of the mother or something) with which this idea could apply, but in general:
A man has the right to refuse any abortion he himself is about to receive.
biorage282

Pro

biorage282 forfeited this round.
TheSquirrel

Con

My opponent makes no posts this round. I shall continue to insist that generally speaking allowing a man to stop a medical decision made between a woman and her doctor is a MAJOR privilege that should at best be granted in the most exceptional of circumstances, and certainly not in the pursuit of some alleged "right" to force a woman to give birth to a child she does not desire.
biorage282

Pro

biorage282 forfeited this round.
TheSquirrel

Con

Pro gives no response to my arguments. I conclude that it is simply absurd to think of violating a woman's reproductive and medical rights.

Vote Con.
Vote Placed by Anakin 3 years ago
Anakin
biorage282TheSquirrelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con the reasons you gave about the 1 night stand, regardless to the fact they both knew the consequences of having sex. He got lucky because she let him get lucky. You gave no reasons to my the man shouldnt have the right just like the women. You had 2 extra rounds to bring more points but did not.