vi_spex
Silandur

abortion, case closed

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

vi_spex

Pro

abortion.
was an egg that cracked, a chicken that died or an egg that never hatched

some one has to be born for there to be some one to die
Silandur

Con

Hello and thank you for the debate,
None of the examples you brought up were abortion. All three were natural occurrences. You can try to define abortion to get away from the actual issue but that isn't what abortion means. A better meaning would be: The knowledgeable act of taking the life of something. A lot of people call it abortion with babies and murder with adults but there is no difference, they are both murder.
I don't really understand your sentence about someone having to be born to die. If you are trying to say that because people will die anyway that it is justified to abort some of them still doesn't make it right in any way.
vi_spex

Pro

an egg that got cracked with a hammer
Silandur

Con

It would be a chicken that died. Because a chicken is a chicken from before it came out of the egg. You can have a chicken that develops under controlled conditions that isn't in an egg and it is still a chicken. Just like with babies, there are many times especially recently where babies are having to be taken out of the mother prematurely for various reasons. But even then it is still a human, it doesn't become a human after the premature period of development is done, it is a human the whole time.
vi_spex

Pro

in controlled conditions it is out of the egg.. thank you, such obvius denial is rare

Silandur

Con

That was only an example to address my point of a living being alive before coming out of it's, "development stage." The real premise that all my arguments come down to is: A living being isn't anything else while it is in development. No matter what stage of it's growth a creature is still itself, there is no time during the growth where it can be aborted and not be considered murder. I would also like to point out that my opponent has not actually made a case for abortion, but merely stated that abortion is better. As a final comment my opponent has not given any reasons to prefer abortion, I will not make the same mistake.

As you read this I would like you to think through the issue fully, for there are many reasons to completely reject abortion. Abortion is murder and this isn't just my opinion, the actual definition of murder is: the premeditated killing of one human being by another.[1] A unborn baby(or chicken, etc) is still alive while in development. The majority of mothers who abort their children have emotional breakdowns or depression from doing it.[2] And finally the whole goal of having children is to raise them to continue the cycle of life.

I hope that you will reconsider your standpoint for anyone that believes it is okay, thank you for a good debate and please vote for the negative.

[1]https://www.google.com...
[2]http://afterabortion.org...
Posted by whiteflame 1 month ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DebaterGood// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (S&G, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Con only gave sources. Pro made countless grammar mistakes. Con gave very strong arguments that were not countered by Pro. Pro did not give arguments, but rather words randomly placed near each other.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to do more than point to the number of sources " it must be clear that the sources given by Con were relevant to the debate. (2) S&G is insufficiently explained. This may only be awarded in instances where one side's argument is difficult to understand as a result of how it is written. Having more mistakes is an insufficient reason. (3) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to specifically assess arguments made by both sides. While this might count as an assessment of Pro's arguments, it does not suffice for Con's.
************************************************************************
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
precisly
Posted by Silandur 1 month ago
Silandur
Actually I am 17 and not even in a relationship.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
you got unborn son