vi_spex
hutch976

abortion, case closed

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

vi_spex

Pro

abortion.
was an egg that cracked, a chicken that died or an egg that never hatched

some one has to be born for there to be some one to die
hutch976

Con

I was initially really confused by what you wrote in your Round 1 statement. I can see you will not let a little thing like grammar or punctuation marks get in the way of making zero sense, and I can admire that to an extent.

To answer your question, "Was an egg that cracked, a chicken that died or an egg that never hatched."

Well, it really depends on the egg. An egg that cracked, is simply an egg that cracked. Whether or not it has a young chicken inside of it or not is entirely up to whether it was fertilized or not. Chickens will lay eggs with or without a rooster fertilizing them. This is why small baby chickens are not found in your skillet on mornings that you make eggs for breakfast.

^ Sources: Common Knowledge

And the following... http://blog.mcmurrayhatchery.com...
http://www.backyardchickens.com...
http://ps.oxfordjournals.org...

I hope this answers your question on your cracked egg dilemma.

Onto your next point...

"Some one has to be born for there to be some one to die."

Not sure how we jumped from your lack of understanding on chickens and their eggs, but you also have a lack of understanding on the concept of life and death. Something does not have to be "born", as in bursting out of a mother's womb, in order to be considered "alive".

Only things that were once alive, can die.

What is "life"? According to the dictionary, "the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally."

Death would be when those conditions stop. This is the biological way of looking at life and death.

The babies cells start to divide at conception, this means it is growing, adapting to its environment, and responding to stimuli around it. The baby has its own set of DNA, different from that of its parents. It is a human...a young human, but still a human.

Sperm live and die, but will never be human. So do skin cells. When a sperm, and an ovum, come together and into fertilization...they become something more than themselves. They become a new distinct human.

So I hope we answered your egg dilemma, and gave you some clarification on "birth" vs "life".
vi_spex

Pro

i guess the question becomes, is a fetus aware.. answer is simply though
hutch976

Con

Goodness gracious, can you be bothered to use grammar?

"I guess the question becomes, is a fetus aware...answer is simply though"

Simply what?
Aware of what?

Are you aware when you're sleeping?
Is a person in a coma aware?
Is an infant aware the same way you are aware?

Aware of what, it's surroundings? Being human? Is it aware of emotions like sorrow and grief? Does it know what year it is?

Are people with dementia aware?

What in God's name are you asking?
vi_spex

Pro

a fetus is an unborn, an egg that never hatched, no death involved

technically you cant be aware of dying if you are unaware
hutch976

Con

A fetus is not an egg.

I'm not sure if you're seriously stupid, or if you're a troll.
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
stop trying to think and just vote
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
brainless noobs
Posted by hutch976 3 weeks ago
hutch976
Indeed Heiro...indeed...

I think Whiteflame believes when I said, "endangering US personnel and assets" he thinks I meant Benghazi...its a separate issue entirely that infuriates most service members.

However, if White flame would simply scroll down to one or two previous comments, and looks to see "why we classify information", he will see I am still talking about the email scandal.

I wonder how many votes have been rescinded over his lack of critical reading skills? Or overt bias and censorship? Shooter's preference I guess.
Posted by hutch976 3 weeks ago
hutch976
Can you go ahead and show me where I typed the word Benghazi? I am talking about emails, your response to it, your blatant hypocrisy, and commenting on it.

Are you trying to gas light? Are you just this in denial? Are you a troll? Are you an intellectual coward? Or are you just stupid? Which is it?
Posted by whiteflame 3 weeks ago
whiteflame
So, now we're moving onto Benghazi? Again, I feel that you're overstating what problems she personally engendered there as well, but I was referring specifically to the campaign she ran and the discussion of those policies during the campaign. I'm not making a blanket claim that she's always honest - she lies roughly 25% of the time, and she should be called out for that. I often do that personally. We've already been over censorship, so I won't address that again.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that the only thing you're interested in at this point is putting me down, ragging on Clinton, and repeating your complaints ad nauseum. You continue to pretend to know my experiences and subvert them to yours. So I'll cut this off here, and you can keep attacking me all you want. It's not worth my time, and frankly, it's not worth yours.
Posted by hutch976 3 weeks ago
hutch976
Holy crap dude. So a woman telling lies and spouting BS about covering up endangering US personnel and assets is "logical and reasonable"? What ever happened to the truth? I guess you just don't care about that, because you like to censor what people honestly think about a debate's outcome, and call a criminal's transparent defense "logical and reasonable".

Is a lie a lie or is a lie logical and reasonable?

Congrats. You're a professional student. I own a company too. So do lots of people. I know 18 year olds from rural Appalachia that own a business before they graduate high school. I founded my company in a beater and my underwear sitting on my couch drinking a beer. What the f*ck is that for an accomplishment?
Posted by whiteflame 3 weeks ago
whiteflame
And, by the way, I can see that your initial point was about her talk regarding the email scandal. I responded to the talk part before I read about the email part. So I can see where the miscommunication came from.
Posted by whiteflame 3 weeks ago
whiteflame
No, I said that Hillary's talk in general was logical and reasoned. I never specifically said that I was defending her, you just took your perception of the point and ran with it. You're the one who went on to assume that I was talking specifically about the email scandal. I disagree that her behavior was criminal, but I do believe that it was exceedingly poor judgement on her part. We can debate it sometime if you'd like, but I'm not interested in discussing it further here in the comments.

With regards to your personally derisive remarks, 2 things. One, you're on this site, too. It's a place where you choose to use your valuable time as well, when I'm sure you could be using it towards more productive ends. The fact that I use my time here partially to moderate and improve the community (and I know you disagree with that, but at least I'm making the effort) is something I view as having meaning. You don't have to agree, but frankly, I don't need your approval.

And as for progress in my personal life, I have a Bachelor's in science, a Master's degree, and I'm coming close to the end of finishing my PhD. In that time, I've co-founded and served as CSO for a biotech company that is still running, I've worked hard to build a life for my wife and I, and I've done a great deal of service for my campus and scientific community. I appreciate what you've done without ever knowing what you've actually done because I know that you're in service of this country, a task I will admit I could not do. But don't pretend you know me and what my experience has been. And don't pretend that your experience is more valuable. We all approach life in varied ways, and as long as we contribute something of ourselves to our communities in a beneficial way, we should all be lauded for our paths through life. Setting your experience as somehow more meaningful or prodigious than mine is just plain ridiculous. I don't need your approval there, either.
Posted by hutch976 3 weeks ago
hutch976
*her email scandal not yours